PDA

View Full Version : Is the G2X Tactical an acceptable weapon light?

SoDak
06-02-14, 17:24
I've got a handful of old G2L's serving as weapon lights and I've been thinking about upgrading them. Then I got to looking at the G2X tactical since that wouldn't be all that much more expensive than what a quality upgrade for my old G2L's. My only concern is that the G2X isn't solid enough to survive being mounted on a gun. Is the G2X up for this task or should I look at the single mode P2X Fury which I have heard does fine mounted on a gun.

Tommycanada
06-02-14, 21:01
I know plenty of people who have them on AR's and they work just fine. Some would argue that they wont hold up long term because they aren't really made to handle recoil, but I haven't seen that as being the case...

Kain
06-02-14, 21:35
Have run a G2X Tactical for a while now and have not had any issues. If you are wanting a G2X check out SKD, I believe they are running about $50 there currently.

Slippers
06-03-14, 01:01
The only problem I have with the G2X as a weapon light is the switch being so stiff. It will almost certainly blink when you fire because it's hard to press the switch firmly enough. You can test this by locking your bolt back, shoulder the rifle, turn on the light, and let the bolt release go. The only way it won't blink when I do this is if I use the tailcap lockout to turn it on permanently.

rackham1
06-03-14, 01:27
I've got a handful of old G2L's serving as weapon lights...

The G2X is at least as good, as far as I'm concerned. I had a G2L mounted for years with no issue. Replaced with a G2X (single mode) for more light. After a year of use in a couple classes, some occasional competition, throwing in my truck working around the property, and lots of hiking in heavy woods, I haven't had a single issue. Mine takes a beating. Perfect light for my true "general" use on a carbine.