PDA

View Full Version : left handed slings

Spade
06-04-08, 13:14
I have been looking around & see several slings out there that I like. But what I have also noticed is that several of these slings appear to have a strap that runs down the left side of the weapon. This is all well & good if you are right handed. It seems to me you could not use these very well if you are left handed as it would either loop the sling over the weapon, or if you tried to put the sling on the other side your brass would not eject. Maybe I'm just not seeing it right. So here is my question. Other than a standard 2 point strap or a single point are there any other sling options for the south paw?

CHoffman
06-04-08, 13:41
I believe you are talking about the 3-point slings. I would only run one of those set up for a lefty I you had a left-handed Stag or DPMS (I think they are the only ones who make lefty model ARs). Otherwise it would interfere with the dust cover opening and ejection. Basically in my experience your only options as a lefty with a righty rifle are the two choices you already stated (two and single point). I would suggest an adjustable two-point as that seems to be what most find work the best lefty or righty. For me a single points only real advantage is quicker transitions to weak hand. I'm sure others will be along to share their experience.

TacDoc
06-04-08, 13:47
Southpaw here.

I've never had a function/ejection issue with slings in the left side of the weapon.

I use 2 point slings in all my AR's (Blue Force/Vickers). MY prefered attachment points are the receiver extension plate (Knights Armament- ambi design) and the back part (close to the upper receiver) of the railed handguard. Larue HG already have QD attachment points in this position.

http://i29.tinypic.com/qxox9u.jpg

Erick Gelhaus
06-04-08, 21:57
Another lefty here ... I've run the gamut on slings. Have pretty near a full shelf of them in the garage from different weapons & businesses.

My work guns - ARs and 870s - have been equipped with adjustable two points for a couple years now. Zero issues with these on any of the platforms as a left hand shooter.

Spade
06-05-08, 07:44
Hey thanks for the info guys. I am leaning to the V-tac 2 point right now.

Failure2Stop
06-05-08, 11:07
Hey thanks for the info guys. I am leaning to the V-tac 2 point right now.

Then just commit to it. You won't look back.

C-Fish
06-05-08, 21:42
I need to outfit my two carbines with slings.

Thanks for the info guys, I'm a southpaw as well...

Spade
06-06-08, 12:41
well it's official I have a V-tac 2 point on the way. thanks for all the info guys.