PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Documentary: Bettie Page Reveals All (2012)...

SteyrAUG
06-03-14, 00:20
Bettie Page Reveals All (2012) (http://www.amazon.com/Bettie-Page-Reveals-All/dp/B00ID8H98C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401772046&sr=8-1&keywords=bettie+page+reveals+all)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51FfLYviz3L._SY300_.jpg

For those who don't know the backstory, Bettie Page was the most popular pinup of the early 1950s and then suddenly disappeared around 1959. This mysterious absence created some notoriety and by the early 1980s she was a pop icon and very few people knew what became of her.

As a result, there were lots of books, some docudramas and a great deal of unfounded speculation. Bettie Page died in December of 2008 but before she did she granted an interview to set the record straight.

The documentary "Bettie Page Reveals All" is based upon that interview which seems to be the only one she ever participated in after she was rediscovered. It's all there...the good, the bad, the truly unfortunate and the incredible images.

I've been a Bettie Page fan since the mid 1980s and have most of her film material, quite a few photos and even some rare vintage magazine pictorials. I've read most of the books available about her as well.

Having said that, this is probably the best documentary on the subject and she certainly had an interesting life. If you are in any way a Bettie Page fan you will want to check this one out.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/34/d3/ff/34d3ffe2e4b07db962a43fd01e6e0db0.jpg

Moose-Knuckle
06-03-14, 03:30
How does this documentary compare to the 2005 biographical film The Notorious Bettie Page?

She is a legend, both my wife and are huge fans of her. I have not seen this particular documentary but remember seeing the trailer for it some time back. I loose track some times of all the films that are on my watch list.

Big A
06-03-14, 07:40
What a Dame!!!!

You can't be a red blooded American male and not be aroused and intrigued when you see pictures of her. There is really just something magical about her that is hard to understand.

She was a real pioneer too as what she was doing back then was considered extremely taboo and certainly not lady like.

streck
06-03-14, 09:03
Also available on Netflix.

SteyrAUG
06-03-14, 13:41
How does this documentary compare to the 2005 biographical film The Notorious Bettie Page?

She is a legend, both my wife and are huge fans of her. I have not seen this particular documentary but remember seeing the trailer for it some time back. I loose track some times of all the films that are on my watch list.

It doesn't, she had serious objections to that film and it was even addressed in this documentary. I have the film and like it, I think Gretchen did a decent Bettie, but it didn't cover a lot of things.

Moose-Knuckle
06-03-14, 15:33
What a Dame!!!!

You can't be a red blooded American male and not be aroused and intrigued when you see pictures of her. There is really just something magical about her that is hard to understand.

She was a real pioneer too as what she was doing back then was considered extremely taboo and certainly not lady like.

She was the real deal; no fake tan, fake boobs, fake lips, fake hair, fake eye lashes. Most models performers today cannot hold a candle to her. She was a real woman with real curves. Idiots today are too caught up with "thigh gap" and or "bikini bridge" and don't even know what a real woman is supposed to look like.

Moose-Knuckle
06-03-14, 15:34
It doesn't, she had serious objections to that film and it was even addressed in this documentary. I have the film and like it, I think Gretchen did a decent Bettie, but it didn't cover a lot of things.

Good to know, will buy it on next Amazon order.