PDA

View Full Version : T1 and DD Micro Mount, DD A1.5 Installation

afff_667
06-03-14, 08:46
I did a search and wasn't able to find straight forward answers to penetrate my brain, so I'm going to risk getting flamed for such newbie questions and post here.

I've been shooting a BCM 16" mid-length with a Troy flip-up rear sight and FSB for a while now and recently purchased a T1 and DD Micro Mount combination from a reputable dealer with a solid reputation. The Aimpoint came without a box and printed instructions, but that's not a big deal because I was able to download the instructions from Aimpoint's web site. Not much there, but it's good to have. The Micro Mount didn't have any real directions, either, as far as how much to tighten the mounting screws connecting it to the T1.

The A1.5 didn't have any directions, either, so I e-mailed DD about installation to the rail of my BCM. The suggestion directly from DD was to use a little blue Loctite and then tighten the screw to snug and then an additional 1/4 to 1/2 turn. I assume the same advice would be correct for the Micro Mount, as well.

I realize that this is probably easy stuff, but I'm sorely lacking in personal resources for advice. My concern is overtightening the screws through the mount into the T1, so some real world guidance/advice is appreciated. I'm not as concerned about mounting the A1.5 and Micro Mount to the rail, but real world advice is also welcome there.

I'm really looking forward to getting the T1 out to the range and working with it.

Thanks in advance.

holdover1
06-03-14, 09:18
With most optic mounts, 15 inch-lbs. is good for securing the optic to the mount. Doing this and using blue loc-tite will keep you from stripping the aluminum screw threads on the Micro.

For securing the mount to the rail (as well as the BUIS), DD's instructions are dead-on. If you wanted to be extra-sure, 15-17 inch-pounds plus blue loc-tite will be good to go.

I've done the above with every optic I have from EOTechs to Aimpoints to Leupold scopes (though with Badger/KAC scope mounts, 65 inch-lbs secures the mount to the rail) and have never had one walk free.

donlapalma
06-03-14, 09:21
Screw the mount to the T-1 until snug, additional 1/8 - 1/4 turn and let the blue loctite do its job. No need to torque the crap out of it. It's what I did with mine and haven't had any issues through thousands of rounds. You'll be fine.