PDA

View Full Version : New Multicam patterns?

RWCRaiden
06-04-14, 19:27
I've googled and read lots of stuff with no definite answer, but any idea when the new multicam patterns will be available? I would like to get a set of the Tropic and Arid. I think tropic would be better here for summer wear than the regular MC.

Thanks.

moses in maine
06-07-14, 10:56
Bump for more info any one hear if truspec will be making there TRUs in the new patterns ??

chef8489
06-07-14, 10:59
I would like a set of arid

RWCRaiden
06-07-14, 18:43
I would think Tru-Spec will be making them once they are available.

HuntingTime
06-18-14, 11:31
Applied Orange offers some good options in Tropic with pants and a combat shirt.

RWCRaiden
06-18-14, 16:36
I'll check that out.

HuntingTime
08-23-14, 19:55
I just ordered a set of the Tru-Spec ACU style in tropic. Looks like there is arid too.

trackmagic
08-24-14, 11:18
I think Predator BDU had tropic in stock too.

RWCRaiden
08-25-14, 17:22
Really? From the Tru-Spec website?

RWCRaiden
08-27-14, 17:14
Just ordered the Arid pants and coat. Will have a half-assed AAR in a few days.

Wake27
09-03-14, 12:49
http://soldiersystems.net/2014/09/03/crye-precision-offering-multicam-arid-black-tropical-field-and-combat-uniforms/

RWCRaiden
09-03-14, 14:44
Still waiting of my Tru-Spec Arid's to arrive. They haven't shipped yet.

SpartanDCI
09-04-14, 03:19
Crye shipped me a new helmet, helmet cover and new Tropical pattern pants.

They are already backordered on the new camo and it went live 48 hours before soldier systems even pumped it. Some dude in Hong Kong already bought out a sh*tload of it................I guess I lucked out since they had all the items I wanted. It doesnt hurt to send flowers to the CSR who makes it happen...................too bad you lose 3-4 days for it to get shipped.............................

RWCRaiden
09-06-14, 10:18
Yeah, probably some guy trying to equip the Chinese army with a decent pattern.

bowietx
09-06-14, 22:02
Kind of interesting to see a "universal" camo pattern be segmented into specialization. Not a bad thing, but perhaps the universality of camo is a chimera for all but the gecko.

RWCRaiden
09-08-14, 09:17
I don't think multicam ever was marketed as universal, but as transitional. Who knows exactly what the difference is though. Multicam is a much better "universal" than the UCP. But to make multicam more effective, it's been specialized like you said. I'm ok with that though. There's never going to be the one truly "universal" camo. It can't be done...unless its like that active camo from MGS 4....

militarymoron
09-08-14, 22:17
I don't think multicam ever was marketed as universal, but as transitional.
yeah, IIRC MultiCam was always marketed as a multi-environment camouflage pattern; definitely not 'universal'. A specific camo pattern optimized for a particular environment is always going to be better than a multi-environment pattern in that environment, but MultiCam was developed for the times when you may not have the luxury of changing to different camo patterns. for example, if you're moving from green fields to a wooded area, then a rocky environment up past the snow line. As for 'transitional', i don't recall that term being used until within the last few years. Or at least, i never heard that word used in conjunction with MultiCam when it was introduced.