PDA

View Full Version : Opinions of owning 2 of the same handgun

MiamiCracker
06-05-14, 16:43
I'm looking to get a new handgun within the next couple months. I have been looking at Glock, Sig, S&W, and other brands. I own a PPQ M1 & a G26 for carry. A friend and I were talking about handguns and he was talking about having a backup handgun if your primary goes downs. I got to thinking last night since I am familiar, fits me perfect, and accurate with the PPQ, it would make sense to get another one. Master a certain handgun rather than being good with different ones. Is my train of thought wrong?

number1olddog
06-05-14, 16:53
I had two G19's once but always knew that it would take a lot for one to go down under normal circumstances so traded it off for a G26. Glad I did.

Many people like having two of each gun but it's up to you as everyone is different.

MiamiCracker
06-05-14, 16:57
I had two G19's once but always knew that it would take a lot for one to go down under normal circumstances so traded it off for a G26. Glad I did.

Many people like having two of each gun but it's up to you as everyone is different.

Good point. In one hand I would like variety, but yet want familiarity.

HKGuns
06-05-14, 17:00
The only thing I own more than one of are Garands. I opt for versatility and adaptability as I have found that is important in more than a few aspects of life.

ETA: oops, I lied, I also own two model 10's but hey they are different dash models. I own numerous 44 Mags and other calibers but none are really exactly the same.

Striker
06-05-14, 17:08
I'm looking to get a new handgun within the next couple months. I have been looking at Glock, Sig, S&W, and other brands. I own a PPQ M1 & a G26 for carry. A friend and I were talking about handguns and he was talking about having a backup handgun if your primary goes downs. I got to thinking last night since I am familiar, fits me perfect, and accurate with the PPQ, it would make sense to get another one. Master a certain handgun rather than being good with different ones. Is my train of thought wrong?

There's really no right or wrong answer. It depends on what works for you. I don't subscribe to the one gun theory, but plenty of people do. I personally prefer variety and don't think the actual pistol is nearly as important as your skill set. But people are different and if the one gun theory works for you and you're happy with it, go with it.

wahoo95
06-05-14, 17:18
I'd prefer to just keep a few spare parts on hand in case a gun goes down so it can be repaired when time permits. That's cheaper and allows me to put money towards buying another gun or two or three to fill different roles. I do prefer to stick with a similar platform for training purposes but will get different models to fill different roles. My fav series is the M&P....I EDC a Shield, Bedside pistol is M&P FS with another set up identical for training/comp. I also have a M&P22 for plinking. I have no desire to have multiple guns which fill the exact same role.....G19 & G23, etc. Did that years ago and realized it led to nothing but one sitting in the safe.

FChen17213
06-05-14, 17:19
Nothing wrong with having 2 of the exact same gun. In fact, I think you will find that most serious shooters and competitors will have two of the same gun. He or she will use the 2nd one as a backup just in case their main gun breaks or something happens to it during a match or other function. Familiarity is very good. Just my opinion. Many people I know own more than 3 Glock 17s and/or Glock 19s.

zanek05
06-05-14, 17:20
I own multiple PPQ's, always a good idea to have a backup.

Flankenstein
06-05-14, 17:21
I have multiples of many rifles, not so much with handguns. With the exception of the G19. I do have two of those.

w3453l
06-05-14, 17:23
Would 3 of the same one be overkill? Serious question - one for training, one for carry/real world use, a third for fresh spare parts or to toss to a family member when the feces really hit the fan bad

Flankenstein
06-05-14, 17:25
Would 3 of the same one be overkill? Serious question - one for training, one for carry/real world use, a third for fresh spare parts or to toss to a family member when the feces really hit the fan bad

IMO- No.

Kain
06-05-14, 17:31
Nothing wrong with owning two, three, or four or more of the same gun. Be that a handgun or a long gun. I own multiples of several different guns, handguns, shotguns, and rifles. Back ups are nice, familiarity with the platform is nice, but I am someone who likes playing with all kinds of guns so while I have multiples of some of my go to guns I don't have multiples of all or everything. Would I like to own two or more of everything gun and set up I own? Sure, but I need to eat to so unless I hit the lottery some of my guns will say alone.

Peshawar
06-05-14, 17:33
I own several G19s. In case one goes down there are spares. Wouldn't do it different even in hindsight.

Talon167
06-05-14, 17:39
I think three is a good number, really.

1) Training gun
2) CCW/HD gun
3) Backup gun

But it depends on how much you shoot. If you're not taking multi-day training classes a couple times a year, you're probably okay with two.

h2so4
06-05-14, 18:24
Two should be good. any more than that and I would rather branch out to another type.
1 is none, 2 is one. :D

for example, I would rather have 2 glocks and a sig all in the same caliber. variety is the spice of life!

Renegade
06-05-14, 18:33
G19 is my primary carry gun, I have 4 of them, identical.

CoryCop25
06-05-14, 18:35
My duty gun is a Glock 22. I have One that sits in the holster clean and oiled at all times. I have another that is training/instructing only and usually goes a few thousand without cleaning. I just picked up a third because the training gun is pretty beat. Same mags same feel same holsters etc.

Code3Patriot
06-05-14, 19:01
If you're set on one gun for primary carry it's never a bad thing to have multiples. And magazines. Plenty of magazines. Not that I know anyone with eight G19s and two hundred G19/G17 mags...

Dobie
06-05-14, 19:17
2 is 1 and 1 is none. Sounds cliche but there is some truth to it.
Years ago I had a safe full of different guns and none got the attention they needed meaning training to be proficient. I liquidated most everything and started over.
Now I have Glocks and ARs
Two Glock 19s and a dedicated frame with conversion kit trainer 19
Two AR15 set up similarly and a SW 15-22 Trainer set up, you guessed it similarly
Just picked up a G17 and will buy another.
I've been around the gun landscape and decided I'm a shooter and not a collector.
Redundancy is good if you know what you want and to be proficient with it.
I know when I pick up a rifle or a handgun instinctively what to do without hesitation after thousands of rounds on the platform and that's what is important to me. Decide for yourself what your gun needs and wants are and go from there .

12thman
06-05-14, 19:22
I have 4 Glock 19's. Its pretty much the only handgun model that I train with and carry. Also I stage a couple of them in opposite sides of the house for home defense. A couple are setup differently though...one has an RMR and one has its grip chopped to accept G26 mags for better concealment. Otherwise I'd probably own 2 if they were setup the same.

Adam_s
06-05-14, 19:46
I'm of the school of thought that says there is no kill like overkill. As such, I've got three G19's set up identically, and two G17's that are identical as well. At the very least, when you go to a class or the like, you'll have a backup if something goes wrong.

Of course, if you're thinking about buying a new gun, and you don't have enough magazines, I'd say buy more mags before I bought another gun.

The general rule of thumb I have is 10 magazines per gun. Showing up to a class with 30 magazines all loaded and ready makes running through things a LOT more fun, I can assure you.

MiamiCracker
06-05-14, 21:16
Years ago I had a safe full of different guns and none got the attention they needed meaning training to be proficient. I liquidated most everything and started over.
Two AR15 set up similarly and a SW 15-22 Trainer set up, you guessed it similarly
I've been around the gun landscape and decided I'm a shooter and not a collector.
I know when I pick up a rifle or a handgun instinctively what to do without hesitation after thousands of rounds on the platform and that's what is important to me. Decide for yourself what your gun needs and wants are and go from there .

I see myself more as a shooter than a collector. Hopefully I can get another M1, if not the new striker fired HK looks interesting.

bzdog
06-05-14, 21:28

I've got three PPQs. Lots of possible reasons. To start with, one for me, one for my wife. Then you might want to leave them in different configs like a light a mounted. Spare for one being in the shop. One thing I'd like is one or two with the slide milled for a MRDS. Right now I've done a grip chop on one.

With the modularity, you can then swap things around to make all sorts of combos. Personally I think I'm at least one short.

The other good thing, having a common pile of mags and holsters.

I used to have a bunch of different things, now if it doesn't accept a PPQ v1 mag or an HK P30 mag, it's not in my safe.

-john

Hmac
06-06-14, 03:25
The PPQ is the first gun I've owned in 40 years where I had any desire to own more than one. I have two of the original version.

BTW, note that if you get a new 5 inch version, the slides will interchange with your current M1.

PLCedeno
06-06-14, 05:55
One G17 for defense and one G17 for training/competition. Anything else just one copy.

Erratikmind
06-06-14, 08:50
Nothing wrong with having multiples. I have 2 G19s and 26s.

Beat Trash
06-06-14, 09:50
Do you ever carry your PPQ for self defense? If so, then get a spare. Actually I'd get two...

Unlike on TV and the movies, if you use your gun in a defensive shooting, it will be taken as evidence. A case will be put forth to the Prosecutor's office to see if he/she wants to present the case to the Grand Jury. Even if the Grand Jury returns a "No Bill" (Doesn't indite), this isn't a process that will happen in a day or two. In my city, it could take a few weeks to a few months. IF it's a news worthy or high profile incident, then 6 months isn't unheard of.

While this entire process is going on, the person you shot and/or killed may have friends and family members. These individuals may have issue with your decision making paradigm and want to express their displeasure with you in a personal fashion.

This is not the time to be using a handgun and holster that you are not familiar with!

This same process applies to LEO's involved in shootings. At my agency, the officers carry an issued pistol. If an officer is involved in an OIS, the officer will be issued a "loner" before he physically leaves the homicide unit, as Criminalistics will have already taken possession of his issued firearm.

As a collector, I would say buy whatever catches your eye.

For defensive usage, I would say buy three of the same gun. One to carry, one to train with, and a third set aside as a spare. Just test any spare guns before setting them aside to ensure they are GTG.

Can it get expensive? Yes.

But how much is your life worth to you?

MiamiCracker
06-06-14, 09:53
I carry a G26 for CCW.

Crow Hunter
06-06-14, 09:55
I have 5 G19s. :p

I have one for training.

One I won at at GSSF match and it lives in the nightstand.

One is my CCW

One is my wife's CCW

One is a backup that lives in the safe.

I also have a G23 that has a .357 Sig bbl so that I can use .40 or .357 when I can find a deal on either of them and it is mostly used as a AA conversion host.

I used to have just about one of everything but after I got married and got older I didn't have the time and money to shoot that I wanted or as much as I needed to to keep up with all those different guns.

My wife really liked Glock and the G19 in particular so I standardized on that and got rid of most everything else. Since what shooting I get to do is with only one gun type for the most part, I am more consistent plus have have fewer parts/magazines types to stock and keep up with.

If I had the time and money to shoot like I used to, I would probably still have at least one example of every gun I like. I still miss my Browning HP and my Walther P5 at times.:mad:

Now my one offs are just a few fun guns or heirlooms although I have been hankering to get a nice DA/SA with a good trigger to play around with.

Stengun
06-06-14, 10:22
Howdy,

Like someone posted, there's no right or wrong answer. Do what you want to do, it's your money and life.

At the same time I don't own two identical handguns except for two Tuarus Gauchos .45 Colt for Cowboy Action Shooting.

I do own 4 Glocks. They are a G20, a G21SF, a G23 and a G35. I also own two AMT .380 Backups but one is a very old SA gun and the other is a mid 90's DAO model. Similar but still different.

I own 3 12ga shotguns but they are all different too.

Paul

Grand58742
06-06-14, 10:27
Why have two when four works just as well?

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs49/i/2009/192/d/e/Quad__50cal_by_shelbs2.jpg

In all honesty, I think having doubles of the same weapon is smart. One for training, the other for regular use. Broken in for certain, but a range platform you don't mind beating the snot out of and the one for social work.

Makes sense to me anyway.

GunBugBit
06-06-14, 14:35
Lots of reasons for having multiples of the same gun. I don't have two-of-a-kind of anything but there a couple I've considered duplicating when budget allows.

Dan Wesson Valor - love this well-built, minimalist 1911; would take another exactly like it
G23 - just about the perfect concealed carry gun for me; would take another exactly like it

Every other gun I have makes me think of ones I want that would fill a similar role but would be from a different manufacturer, or a different model from the same maker, or something custom.

falnovice
06-06-14, 16:49
I like to have a dupe for training. As much as we all love to tout the durability of our guns the fact is carrying a high round count weapon is asking for problems.
I had a coworker that bought five of the same pistol once he settled on it. If I remember correctly it was one for carry, one for training, one with a light for the nightstand, one for back-up and one in a safe in the downstairs bathroom.....mostly for his wife.

Outlander Systems
06-06-14, 17:11
Logistics.

Buy multiples. All mags are compatible, all support gear is compatible, and master the MOA for that weapon.

End of story.

Jesse H
06-06-14, 17:22
Some of the guys on our team have duplicate weapons in their SWAT bags so they're ready to go and don't have to grab stuff off their patrol rigs.

c1steve
06-06-14, 18:46
Definitely a training copy of your primary HD or duty gun. One is clean, lubed, and has a low round count. The other can be run hard and put away wet if necessary. My primary training gun is a Sig P226 X5, but the HD gun is a P226 in .357 Sig. I buy my own ammo, so train with the low cost round. I do have another 226 than can be a back up for HD or training.

For CC, I have several that work, some are larger than others. However they are all Sigs and I do not have copies. The manual of arms is the same, and I feel comfortable with all of them.

s

acaixguard
06-06-14, 20:57
How about 2 guns of the same or similar platform. For example, G17 and G19. This is what I have now. The smaller can take the bigger's mags. Same sights and trigger pull on both, but still 2 different guns for different occasions, so you have variety. If one was lost or taken away though, the other could still fill the role of the missing one for the most part.

MiamiCracker
06-06-14, 21:01
I rather have the PPQ, but I may consider a G17 to compliment my G26

Failure2Stop
06-06-14, 21:52
I have 3 G17s:
One in duty configuration
One cut for G19 mags for concealed carry.
One for competition.

I used to do the 1x G19, 1x G17, but the wife liked the G19 enough to bribe it away from me, so I just standardized on the 17.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

acaixguard
06-06-14, 22:01
I too have a PPQ. If something happened to both my Glocks, I would obviously be pissed, but I would feel just as "prepared" with my PPQ. All great guns to own.

Wolvee
06-06-14, 22:22
I try to have 3 of every pistol and two of each AR. Truthfully though it rarely works out that way right away. There's always something different that catches my fancy before I buy what I should. I haven't anything major break down yet so I imagine I've been lucky.

If you're a casual shooter who doesn't take classes and is used to having a second carry gun of another type, it's not the end of the world to only have one of each. Just figure out what your priorities are and adjust fire.

MadAngler1
06-06-14, 23:39

I don't think that's a bad idea. There are a lot of people who buy more than one Glock or AR-15 variant to have as a back up. If you are proficient with the PPQ and won't jump at the new HK VP9 or another striker fired pistol, then I would buy a second if you believe you need to own a back up (one for conceal carry, one for home or one maybe for your condo or cabin, etc.).

ShipWreck
06-07-14, 06:56
I have previously done it in spades... I used to have 9 Berettas... Now, I only have 4, but they are all exactly the same....

I've done it in the past as well - I once has two 9mm Shields, and two Walther P99s and two Ps90 carbines. But, I always ended up selling the duplicate one eventually, when I wanted something else down the line...

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/9-wheel-o-berettacopy1_zpsa2c9e08d.jpg~original

To now:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/4-pack1_zpsed0411ec.jpg~original

Hmac
06-07-14, 14:29
How about 2 guns of the same or similar platform. For example, G17 and G19. This is what I have now. The smaller can take the bigger's mags. Same sights and trigger pull on both, but still 2 different guns for different occasions, so you have variety. If one was lost or taken away though, the other could still fill the role of the missing one for the most part.

Yes, or a 5 inch and a 4 inch PPQ. Mags for the M2 version are interchangeable between the two.

weggy
06-07-14, 14:35
Some famous gun writer, might have been Bill Jordan, said " be wary of the man that only owns one gun" or words to that effect. I used to shoot ATA trap, my back up was exactly the same as my tournament gun, a Perazzi TMX. If one goes down now is not the time to learn a new gun.

PLCedeno
06-07-14, 15:15
I have 3 G17s:
One in duty configuration
One cut for G19 mags for concealed carry.
One for competition.

I used to do the 1x G19, 1x G17, but the wife liked the G19 enough to bribe it away from me, so I just standardized on the 17.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Exactly how it happened at my home. 20 years ago she owned a S&W 3913 Lady Smith because it looked and felt good. She could not shoot it well. The G19 changed that and I lost a gun. It was too small for my hands so it worked out. The pair of G17's are it for me. I am currently also enjoying a single fully improved M&P 40. Getting a 9mm conversion barrel for it and after the next IDPA match there may be another just like it coming home.

BTL BRN
06-09-14, 11:30
The nice thing about Glocks (and other makes I realize) is that G17 mags will work all the way down to a 26; so you can save some time and effort on mags.

w3453l
06-09-14, 12:37
^ Very true, and not only in the sense that it saves time/money in acquiring them, but I've heard of incidents when someone got a rude awakening in the middle of the night and had to scramble for a gun and mags.

When you're woken up suddenly - with all the stress and confusion the last thing you need is accidentally trying to stick a X brand/model magazine into a Y brand/model gun

HCM
06-09-14, 17:13
Do you ever carry your PPQ for self defense? If so, then get a spare. Actually I'd get two...

Unlike on TV and the movies, if you use your gun in a defensive shooting, it will be taken as evidence. A case will be put forth to the Prosecutor's office to see if he/she wants to present the case to the Grand Jury. Even if the Grand Jury returns a "No Bill" (Doesn't indite), this isn't a process that will happen in a day or two. In my city, it could take a few weeks to a few months. IF it's a news worthy or high profile incident, then 6 months isn't unheard of.

While this entire process is going on, the person you shot and/or killed may have friends and family members. These individuals may have issue with your decision making paradigm and want to express their displeasure with you in a personal fashion.

This is not the time to be using a handgun and holster that you are not familiar with!

This same process applies to LEO's involved in shootings. At my agency, the officers carry an issued pistol. If an officer is involved in an OIS, the officer will be issued a "loner" before he physically leaves the homicide unit, as Criminalistics will have already taken possession of his issued firearm.

As a collector, I would say buy whatever catches your eye.

For defensive usage, I would say buy three of the same gun. One to carry, one to train with, and a third set aside as a spare. Just test any spare guns before setting them aside to ensure they are GTG.

Can it get expensive? Yes.

But how much is your life worth to you?

This ^^^^^

The PPQ is a nice gun, I was just drooling over a 5" version but I would get a 2nd G26 first.

I have sent a co-worker home with my duty gun after he was involved in a shooting and his was taken as evidence.

My primary off-duty carry is a G26. I have another set up identically other than the frame color. It's a good excuse to buy a green or dirt colored one ....

MiamiCracker
06-09-14, 17:33
This ^^^^^

The PPQ is a nice gun, I was just drooling over a 5" version but I would get a 2nd G26 first.

I have sent a co-worker home with my duty gun after he was involved in a shooting and his was taken as evidence.

My primary off-duty carry is a G26. I have another set up identically other than the frame color. It's a good excuse to buy a green or dirt colored one ....

I like the G26 but I shot the PPQ better, and the PPQ is my go to gun for HD, SHTF, etc. The G26 is my ccw but if I had it taken away if I was in a SD incident I wouldn't care. I also want to try out a S&W Shield.

Psalms144.1
06-09-14, 18:04
If I were made of money, I'd have triplets of everything - one kept pristine and perfectly lubed for duty and off-duty carry, one for training, and a third set up and maintained exactly like #1 for use if/when #1 went down, or ended up in the evidence locker.

I'm NOT made of money, so I have a G19 (primary), and a G23 as a backup, with a G30S in the wings, waiting for my agency's flow of .45 ACP ammunition to start.

Regards,

Kevin

Wolvee
06-09-14, 18:51
If I were made of money, I'd have triplets of everything - one kept pristine and perfectly lubed for duty and off-duty carry, one for training, and a third set up and maintained exactly like #1 for use if/when #1 went down, or ended up in the evidence locker.

I'm NOT made of money, so I have a G19 (primary), and a G23 as a backup, with a G30S in the wings, waiting for my agency's flow of .45 ACP ammunition to start.

Regards,

Kevin

My thirds i work so hard for, usually end up buying other things. SMH. Once the Student loans are paid off next year, It's game on, lol.

Although I still need to buy a house and a big fast hole in the water. :0)

AZBoneCrusher
06-11-14, 20:56

This year, I have reached the very same conclusion. All my semi-automatic handguns are Glocks, except for one 1911(safe queen)and all my rifles are AR platform. Redundancy is a very good thing, especially in case of home defense or "SHTF" event(s). Please don't get me wrong, I still enjoy different firearms and think it's great to the opportunity to own them. I just think the time for owning multiple manufacturers magazines was getting old. In addition, I am a believer of the "Three Principle" 2(is one) + 1 spare.

trio
06-11-14, 22:18
I have 5 PPQ M1s for basically the reason you said...redundancy, backups....two of them are suppressor hosts that I can also carry....I also keep one on each floor of the home, and can carry one obviously

Variety is certainly the spice of life...I would never criticize anyone for wanting to shoot and train with different types of handguns

I, personally, am not a good enough shooter to alternate platforms and be an expert with all of them...I'm just not, I know my limitations...that's not to say I couldn't pick up a modern combat handgun and be combat proficient with it, I could

But because I have limited time and resources to focus on training I choose to focus that time on trying to become as proficient as I can with the gun that I use as my everyday CCW and as my home defense gun...which for two years has been the PPQ...some people say it's not fun to shoot that way, but I actually really enjoy it

I will shoot other guns...go out with friends and fun shoot...but the only handguns I own are the 5 PPQs, a PPS for more concealed carry, a .22, and a 9mm 1911 (I love the 1911 and am too nostalgic not to own one)

I just bought a glock 17 for $300 the other day because it was just too good a deal to pass up...but I'll probably just mod it up and put it in the safe....save it to sell at a later date or for a truck gun or something...

So, no, I don't think your idea is crazy at all

(Fwiw, I take the same approach with rifles too...I have the AR platform, the MP5 platform, and the Remington 870 platform)

walker2713
06-12-14, 06:58

I have 3 Glock 19s.....Gen2 thru 4....and rotate the Gen3 and Gen4 for EDC.....

The Gen2 usually stays in the safe....

They're complimented by a pair of Glock 26s....Gen3 and Gen4.

Obviously I agree that multiples are good!

beschatten
06-12-14, 08:15
Don't disagree with anyone here on having multiples of same gun.

Currently running 4 1911s. 1 for practice, 1 for carry, 1 for HD, 1 more on the way which will probably just be a backup.

Will pick up 2 HK VP9s, as well. 1 for Carry and 1 as practice.

nitmr26
06-14-14, 14:11
Logistics.

Buy multiples. All mags are compatible, all support gear is compatible, and master the MOA for that weapon.

End of story.
I don't shoot enough to reach a high level of proficiency with multiple platforms, so I made the decision to focus on one platform. The end result was eight HK USPs: three 9mm and five .45s. All are full sized, and all but one have the LEM trigger. The one non-LEM is a .45 Tactical with a match trigger.

bighawk
06-19-14, 21:20
Until recently any tim I have had a duplicate I have sold one to buy something different. I have had two gen 3 G19'S for about two months and have no intentions on getting rid of one. I like having a second pistol that uses all the same holsters and mags.

t15
06-19-14, 22:26

i didnt even read this post, i have 3 g19s, dont ask me why.

RIDE
06-19-14, 22:37
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7422/12142222695_e7062b7070_b.jpg

bighawk
06-20-14, 13:53
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7422/12142222695_e7062b7070_b.jpg

That's a nice pile of awesome right there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MiamiCracker
06-20-14, 18:57
I think I may end up getting a G17 or G34 to go with my G26. The PPQ is a great gun, but Glock has it beat in parts and magazine availability, plus it's easy to work on and replace parts.

RIDE
06-20-14, 19:15
That's a nice pile of awesome right there

Thanks.. I used to own a lot of different brands and calibers of handguns, Sig, HK, S&W, different calibers, etc. I finally came to the realization that having 1 caliber, and all handguns that work, feel, function, assemble, disassemble, etc all the exact same way, with interchangeable parts and having universal magazines was FAR better for my intended purposes..

So it's all G19's & G26's for me.

(Other than my 6" Royal Blue Colt Python from 1959) ;)

bighawk
06-20-14, 19:19
Thanks.. I used to own a lot of different brands and calibers of handguns, Sig, HK, S&W, different calibers, etc. I finally came to the realization that having 1 caliber, and all handguns that work, feel, function, assemble, disassemble, etc all the exact same way, with interchangeable parts and having universal magazines was FAR better for my intended purposes..

So it's all G19's & G26's for me.

(Other than my 6" Royal Blue Colt Python from 1959) ;)

I've sold all my Sigs and 1911's and am working on selling all my M&P's to go the all 9mm route.. Going to grip chop one of my 19's to 26 length and pick up a 17 as well once I get rid of the M&P's

RIDE
06-22-14, 09:38
I've sold all my Sigs and 1911's and am working on selling all my M&P's to go the all 9mm route.. Going to grip chop one of my 19's to 26 length and pick up a 17 as well once I get rid of the M&P's

You are a wise man.

Peshawar
06-22-14, 14:13

This is almost exactly what I did. Only pistols I have left are 19's, 26's and a couple of complete garbage 1911's (Norinco and AMT Hardballer) that I want to fart around with for fun and to record sounds from. Don't see any reason to use anything else at this point, but I must admit the new HK did make me tingle a little.

bighawk
06-22-14, 14:58
You are a wise man.

I like to think so haha.. I didn't even consider Glock for the first 3 years I shot handguns but then I shot a friends 19 at the indoor range and I went downstairs immediately and bought one after. I have been carrying it for the last few years and I don't see myself ever carrying anything else.

SteveS
06-23-14, 10:57
The only thing I better than 2 of the same is 3+of the same.

bighawk
06-23-14, 13:27
The only thing I better than 2 of the same is 3+of the same.

I like your logic!

trinydex
06-24-14, 02:12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuNUyk_S4Us