PDA

View Full Version : "Interesting" Malfunction Today

BTL BRN
06-05-14, 21:56
http://i62.tinypic.com/16bc4dj.jpg

Prvi Partizan 75 grain "Match" ammunition, didn't chamber and a simple tap/rack solved it; the primer didn't ignite something I am VERY glad of! In the middle of some prone accuracy work, I simply encountered a dead trigger.

Up until now I haven't encountered any issues with this ammo, having gone through around 5-600 rounds; it has been decently accurate out of my 12.5" but probably not a true "match" round.

markm
06-06-14, 08:27
Bullet probably didn't have the shape of the rest of them. I don't think PRVI has a meplat, as their 75s are more of a traditional hollow point, and they expand as such. But it's possible that the point on that bullet was flatter than the rest and caught on the feed ramps/front of the mag body.

I had this happen A LOT with some surplus Federal L.E. contract bullets that I got from Wideners (I think) 2 years back. It became obvious very quickly why they were being sold off. The bullets had a very wide hollow point. They'd set back like that in several guns and sling powder into the barrel extension... creating a mess.

I regularly find rounds that look like this laying in the dirt at shooting spots. But they're always 55 gr fmjs that were fired in some junk gun.

NWPilgrim
06-06-14, 14:30
My brother had two boxes of Winchester PP ammo and about half the bullets got pushed back into the case like that.

I would disassemble for reloading.

markm
06-06-14, 14:37
I would disassemble for reloading.

That goes without say. ;)