PDA

View Full Version : Clean, resize, trim and swaged service...?

thmpr
06-04-08, 18:57
All,
I was just wondering who would utilize this type of service for the 223/308 calibers. Cost would be 1000 rounds for $28.00. Turn around time: 7 days. Return shipping would be around $9.00 using USPS bulk flat rate box.

Equipment used:
Dillon XL650
Giraud Trimmer
Dillon Swage 600
Standard Cob media to clean.

Thanks!

olivers_AR
06-04-08, 20:02
All,
I was just wondering who would utilize this type of service for the 223/308 calibers. Cost would be 1000 rounds for $28.00. Turn around time: 7 days. Return shipping would be around $9.00 using USPS bulk flat rate box.

Equipment used:
Dillon XL650
Giraud Trimmer
Dillon Swage 600
Standard Cob media to clean.

Thanks!
Yes I think that a couple of folks that I know would be interested. Would this include mil primers since you've got the Swage 600?

--Olivers_AR

tjcoker
06-04-08, 21:52
I always pay to have this done. Two toddlers demand most of my non-working/non-shooting time.

thmpr
06-04-08, 23:05
:)
Yes I think that a couple of folks that I know woulf be interested. Would this include mil primers since you've got the Swage 600?

--Olivers_AR

Correct...

For those individual who are interested, I can be contacted via email at mpower464@hotmail.com

markm
06-05-08, 08:21
I personally wouldn't. But your price is pretty damned good, and I could see how a lot of folks could fall in love with that.

The Archangel
06-05-08, 10:32
Hell YEAH!!! Especially since I've never reloaded and kinda intimidated by it. My wife is stilled pissed that the Dillon 550 that she bought me for Christmas is still in the garage in the orginal box. I openned it up and went :confused:

I've contiplated sending it back at least a dozen times. I'm just keeping in in the event that .223/5.56mm becomes outrageous or near impossible to obtain in the near future.

E-mail Inbound.

markm
06-05-08, 10:41
Hell YEAH!!! Especially since I've never reloaded and kinda intimidated by it. My wife is stilled pissed that the Dillon 550 that she bought me for Christmas is still in the garage in the orginal box. I openned it up and went :confused:

I've contiplated sending it back at least a dozen times. I'm just keeping in in the event that .223/5.56mm becomes outrageous or near impossible to obtain in the near future.

E-mail Inbound.

Wow! I hope you're saving your brass up. I wish I knew your address. I'd break into your garage! :p

thmpr
06-05-08, 10:42
I personally wouldn't. But your price is pretty damned good, and I could see how a lot of folks could fall in love with that.

After reloading for so many years and provided this type of service to fellow friends who loves it sice they do not require to buy any additional cleaning equipment and the benefit of time saving, I made up my mind to offer this service to fellow M4 carbine members.

Thanks!

The Archangel
06-05-08, 10:50
Wow! I hope you're saving your brass up. I wish I knew your address. I'd break into your garage! :p

If I don't know you, you may get some lead instead! I don't know how to reload, but I know how to unload. :D

toddackerman
06-12-08, 23:23
After reloading for so many years and provided this type of service to fellow friends who loves it sice they do not require to buy any additional cleaning equipment and the benefit of time saving, I made up my mind to offer this service to fellow M4 carbine members.

Thanks!

So how do we get in touch with you to get this service?

thmpr
06-13-08, 00:42
My contact info is the following:

mpower464@hotmail.com

thmpr
06-20-08, 22:47
Thank you for all your interest!!! I have a few slots open for July.

nksmfamjp
06-23-08, 19:35
I said yes, but the ideal service to me would be for you to decap, swage, clean and trim the fired case. I really don't want someone else tto size my cases. That is key to chamber fit and therefore accuracy. Also, sizing rreally wouldn't speed me up.

markm
06-24-08, 08:16
I said yes, but the ideal service to me would be for you to decap, swage, clean and trim the fired case. I really don't want someone else tto size my cases. That is key to chamber fit and therefore accuracy. Also, sizing rreally wouldn't speed me up.

His service would be geared more towards bulk ammo that's sized back to the case dimension specification... not to a specific chamber.

Obviously if you want a chamber mated level of accuracy, you want to control all the levels of your own ammo production.

For guys who reload, but want to cut some case prep out of their bulk/practice ammo, it's a good deal.

toddackerman
06-24-08, 09:33
His service would be geared more towards bulk ammo that's sized back to the case dimension specification... not to a specific chamber.

Obviously if you want a chamber mated level of accuracy, you want to control all the levels of your own ammo production.

For guys who reload, but want to cut some case prep out of their bulk/practice ammo, it's a good deal.

I also agree...this is for bulk shooting. If you're into accuracy, you'll want to fireform cases, neck size, and go with your pet load from there.

Kurt Reifert
06-24-08, 11:11
Ammunition fired in semi auto rifles should always be full length resized, not fire-formed and neck sized. That's for bolt guns.

nksmfamjp
06-24-08, 17:16
I guess I was thinking that this service was geared for people like me who might be interested in buying cases which I don't have to mess with the primer crimp. I just don't see how resizing helps any bulk loader, but it does hurt case fit to the chamber. I do FL size for the AR, but I do it to a specific dimension. I thoguth we all do. How do you minimize trimming while being sure the cases will fit evverytime.

markm
06-24-08, 21:23
I guess I was thinking that this service was geared for people like me who might be interested in buying cases which I don't have to mess with the primer crimp.

Huh? That's the whole point... Bulk reloaders who DON'T want to deal with the crimp removal.

I just don't see how resizing helps any bulk loader, but it does hurt case fit to the chamber.

It can hurt it all it wants. I'm not concerned with the case's feelings. All I know is my ammo is very accurate.

I do FL size for the AR, but I do it to a specific dimension. I thoguth we all do. How do you minimize trimming while being sure the cases will fit evverytime.

I full length size EVERY time, and don't trim ANY cases. A decent case will stay in length spec for about 3 loadings if you don't have a nasty expander ball that stretches cases too much. As an additional measure I use the LEE Factory Crimp die for any cases that slightly exceed spec in length. My primer pockets are generally too loose before any of my cases are too long. And I don't load any HOT practice ammo.

Believe it or not, you can get away with cases that are quite long. BLACK HILLS BLUE BOX ammo is ridiculously out of spec in case length, and internut shooters love the stuff.

thmpr
07-13-08, 00:22
Thanks for the business....

BTT