PDA

View Full Version : SLR Rifleworks Handguards?

skywalkrNCSU
06-06-14, 08:38
I was looking at these handguards today and they seem to be pretty nice but I never see anything posted about them here. I tried a search but it didn't really come up with anything, does anyone have any opinions on these? Reasons why they are or aren't good to go?

I typically assume if I don't hear about them on here then there is probably some reason why but figured since I am in the market for a new 11-12" rail I would check out all my options.

markm
06-06-14, 08:44
There's just so much new stuff out there, we can't keep up with it all. ;)

We barely have a review started in Technical on their Adjustable gas block.

CoryCop25
06-06-14, 08:58
I was able to install one this weekend. It has a barrel nut similar to the Samson EVO 7.62 rail where you need a large open end wrench to tighten it. The rail locks to the barrel nut similar to an EVO too.
It feels nice in the hand and is pretty light. It is aluminum so I am going to make an educated guess that it is going to heat up rather quickly.
The cool thing about these rails is that they are offered in many sizes including 18"! Basically, no matter what size barrel you have, you can put an SLR on it that will pretty much cover the whole thing. If that's what you like. The price point is a little lower than an NSR.

skywalkrNCSU
06-06-14, 09:33
I was able to install one this weekend. It has a barrel nut similar to the Samson EVO 7.62 rail where you need a large open end wrench to tighten it. The rail locks to the barrel nut similar to an EVO too.
It feels nice in the hand and is pretty light. It is aluminum so I am going to make an educated guess that it is going to heat up rather quickly.
The cool thing about these rails is that they are offered in many sizes including 18"! Basically, no matter what size barrel you have, you can put an SLR on it that will pretty much cover the whole thing. If that's what you like. The price point is a little lower than an NSR.

Thanks for the input, I noticed they had some really long ones, cant imagine an 18" rail!

eodinert
06-06-14, 19:10
I have one, and it's a work of art. Almost didn't want to spray Krylon on it, it was so pretty.

Sexual_Meatball
06-06-14, 19:13
SLR seems to also push out new products pretty frequent like Midwest Industries. They already released their version of M-Lok rails and in veriable lengths. I've considered to buy SLR's keymod as it's affordable and looks quite fine.

Steel head
06-08-14, 08:53
I have a SLR 3 gun rail and adjustable gas block on my SPR'ish build.
VERY happy with them.

Surf
06-08-14, 11:43
I have one inbound. Will update.

Tzook
06-09-14, 22:42
I did a review of one for almost tactical and the thread was posted here on m4c. I really like it, it seems very solid and it's stupid light

skywalkrNCSU
06-10-14, 18:59
I did a review of one for almost tactical and the thread was posted here on m4c. I really like it, it seems very solid and it's stupid light

Great review, thanks for that. I think I am definitely going to try out their 12" MLOK rail when it comes out. Heard it will be tomorrow or around then.