PDA

View Full Version : BCM Cosmetic Blem upper, Exceptional Deal!

crusader377
06-06-14, 12:45
I just got in my BCM SOCOM Blem upper. At $329 it is an exceptional deal. I will post pics later but in terms of blemishes, there were only 2 or 3 scratches near the T-marks. Overall, I would judge the blemishes comparable to a new rifle which has been sitting on a gun shop rack for a few months at worse. The upper could very easy pass as factory new unblemished upper from most manufacturers. Overall extremely impressed with the upper and I can't wait until an assemble the remaining BCM parts into a new rifle.:D

I will try to post pictures this weekend.

markm
06-06-14, 13:13
It pains me to pass on that. I already own the 14.5 SOCOM.

lahunter57
06-06-14, 13:27
Where did you acquire a complete blem upper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markm
06-06-14, 13:28
Look in the Specials area on Bravo's website.

Voodoo_Man
06-06-14, 13:51
I picked one up, difficult to resist.

murphman
06-06-14, 14:41
Been watching these blems come through hoping for a stainless setup to appear, crossing fingers.

223to45
06-06-14, 14:47
Yeah when I got that email I wanted to order one really bad, just because, but didn't really have a need for it.

skywalkrNCSU
06-06-14, 15:51
I want one of these so bad but I know I don't need it. Such a good deal, real hard to pass up.

Caduceus
06-06-14, 16:22
I picked one up, difficult to resist.

Ditto. If nothing ekse, allows something else to be fodder in the next panic. Even if I already own a comparable Colt product.

Joe46
06-06-14, 16:26
Kind of off topic but I just ordered the blem upper with the lw hammer forged barrel with centurion rail. Finally putting together my first ar and I can't wait!

Kain
06-06-14, 16:36
Been eying one really hard along with about three other of their uppers. Also, for anyone who may not have noticed, BCM's BCGs have been lowered in price and are down from $189 to $169. :dance3:

decodeddiesel
06-06-14, 18:06
I've been eying down the 14.5 lightweight C4 blem upper since I saw the announcement a few weeks ago. I have a spare lower I couldn't figure out what to do with, and I think this would be perfect for it. I think this would be something I can run hard in a class, krylon, beat the crap out of, and still feel good about it.

TXinfidel
06-06-14, 18:30
I was beginning to think I was the only one of us that snagged one. Amazing deal, as mine looks like identical to a non blem gun. Been looking for a good stout barreled fighting gun like this to supress as a simple duty gun. Brownells had a great combo deal for the Magpul Gray forend and grip ($23) And I already had an extra BCM BCG and small charging handle (mod 5?) Can't beat that deal with my ASP 26"

Caduceus
06-06-14, 18:43
I've been eying down the 14.5 lightweight C4 blem upper since I saw the announcement a few weeks ago. I have a spare lower I couldn't figure out what to do with, and I think this would be perfect for it. I think this would be something I can run hard in a class, krylon, beat the crap out of, and still feel good about it.I liked this, but just can't see a purpose for a quad rail that long (for me)... alas, went with the 16" SOCOM profile. Have a few DD BCG's lying around and at least one standard CH. However, if all BCG's are created the same, I might end up putting in a PSA one, and swapping in a BCM bolt.

friendlyfireisnt
06-06-14, 23:09
I've been eying down the 14.5 lightweight C4 blem upper since I saw the announcement a few weeks ago. I have a spare lower I couldn't figure out what to do with, and I think this would be perfect for it. I think this would be something I can run hard in a class, krylon, beat the crap out of, and still feel good about it.

That's the one I went for, although I needed another upper like a hole in the head. Already have 2 spare AR's that dont see use, in addition to my two primary ones that do get use.

But the deal was too good to pass up, and I have wanted to pickup a 14.5" mid to go along with my 16's (and my 11.5" BCM pistol).

Was considering swapping out the C4 rail for a Troy VTAC that I have on another BCM upper that I have stashed away! but I think I will just keep the C4 rail on there.

SeriousStudent
06-06-14, 23:47
I convinced a buddy at church to snag one of those 16" uppers with the Centurian rail. He's like a kid before Christmas, waiting for it to show up.

He's going to put it on a BCM blem lower from Grant, and have a pretty awesome carbine for about a grand.

brianc142
06-07-14, 05:22
That's the one I went for, although I needed another upper like a hole in the head. Already have 2 spare AR's that dont see use, in addition to my two primary ones that do get use.

But the deal was too good to pass up, and I have wanted to pickup a 14.5" mid to go along with my 16's (and my 11.5" BCM pistol).

Was considering swapping out the C4 rail for a Troy VTAC that I have on another BCM upper that I have stashed away! but I think I will just keep the C4 rail on there.
Pretty much the same for me but I couldn't resist. I'm overseas and haven't seen mine yet. Overall, how are they looking across the board? Any major blems? I really don't care to be honest. I shoot my rifles and paint most of them so whatever.

TommyG
06-07-14, 06:37
I snagged one of the SOCOM uppers when the email came out last week. Not sure if it will get built or stashed for a rainy day but too good to pass up.

JSantoro
06-07-14, 07:20
I convinced a buddy at church to snag one of those 16" uppers with the Centurian rail.

I grabbed one of those, too. Standard profile, mid.

I'd also rather have a Troy tube, but for $499 I'm sure I'll find a way to live with the horror. :p Should arrive on Wednesday, fingers crossed.

SiGfever
06-07-14, 07:49
To be able to get BCM quality at "Blem" prices is almost too good to be true. Damn glad those guys have such high standards. Good on you BCM!

brown3345
06-07-14, 08:15
Turned a guy at work on to this $329 deal. Should be a big step up from his Bushmaster that he is running right now. If all goes well I just might have a convert here.

markm
06-07-14, 09:00
This SOCOM would make a sweet dedicated suppressed SBR if you had the Barrel cut down.

Moshjath
06-07-14, 09:01
Grabbed one of the 16 inch blemished SOCOM uppers, I'm going to combine it with a Blem KAC RAS, spare lower, and G&R parts kit and to replicate my work gun. I'll post pics as soon as I get back from leave.

friendlyfireisnt
06-07-14, 09:39
Pretty much the same for me but I couldn't resist. I'm overseas and haven't seen mine yet. Overall, how are they looking across the board? Any major blems? I really don't care to be honest. I shoot my rifles and paint most of them so whatever.

The blems on mine and the ones I have seen photos of are just some scratches and dings on the top rails of the upper. Really not a big deal. Most will be covered by once I mount optics or sights on it.

I grabbed one of those, too. Standard profile, mid.

I'd also rather have a Troy tube, but for $499 I'm sure I'll find a way to live with the horror. :p Should arrive on Wednesday, fingers crossed.

I have a Trov VTAC rail set aside on another spare BCM upper, can decide if I should throw it it on this build or go with the C4 rail it came with.

shutup&shoot
06-07-14, 10:25
I really want to pick one of these up but vacation looms in two weeks. I showed my wife these deals and she said "didn't you just get a BCM upper". I said "psshhh, that was like two months ago".

3 AE
06-07-14, 11:12
.... I said "psshhh, that was like two months ago".

LOL, I gotta remember to use that one someday!

rojocorsa
06-07-14, 12:15
Been eying one really hard along with about three other of their uppers. Also, for anyone who may not have noticed, BCM's BCGs have been lowered in price and are down from $189 to $169. :dance3:

So it wasn't just me hallucinating!!!

SeriousStudent
06-07-14, 12:43
This SOCOM would make a sweet dedicated suppressed SBR if you had the Barrel cut down.

Great minds think alike. I was debating doing just that for an 11.5" SBR, but still need to buy some other parts to complete other projects first.

shutup&shoot
06-07-14, 12:57
3 AE, it didn't work. [emoji17]

Is anyone posting up pics of the uppers they are getting?

William B.
06-07-14, 14:06
The blems on mine and the ones I have seen photos of are just some scratches and dings on the top rails of the upper. Really not a big deal. Most will be covered by once I mount optics or sights on it.

Same here. They got mine out the door pretty quickly, too. I ordered on Tuesday and received my upper yesterday afternoon along with all of the usual BCM freebies.

26 Inf
06-07-14, 16:16
Ordered on Sunday, they were closed Memorial Day (I guess) got shipping notification at 2:47 Tuesday, upper on porch Thursday. My only blem was a scratch on the rail, by T8. Great deal, great service.

chonathin
06-07-14, 16:18
Received my 14.5" C4 BHF Upper a few days ago. When I unwrapped it and saw the 2 light scratches on the T Marks, all I could think was, "that's it?!". Un-****ing-Believable Deal!

JoePike
06-07-14, 18:50
Here is my socom blem upper. Just a few marks on the forward assist housing. Goes perfect with my blem BCM lower from Grant, used Comp M4, and used MI gen 2. Noticeably smoother recoil than the PSA upper it displaced. Accuracy is excellent with 75 grain steel match shooting just over 2" at 100 yards with the aimpoint.

http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss307/bigmikestede/imagejpg3.jpg (http://s586.photobucket.com/user/bigmikestede/media/imagejpg3.jpg.html)

weez440
06-08-14, 17:52
ordered a 16 inch recce c4. i have been saving money to buy one to put on my blem lower and this deal came up and pulled the trigger. wanted to get a bcm keymod but for the price i will deal with the c4 for now.

tylerw02
06-09-14, 14:30
I was very tempted by this but didn't want to blow my load until the BFH ELW keymod uppers are out. I recently put together a 14.5" upper with a Colt SOCOM barrel.

Good pickup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTL BRN
06-09-14, 14:41
I couldn't resist ordering the 14.5 BFG Middie with the Centurian rail and pinned Mod 1; I certainly didn't "need" another upper but I think I will make it an irons-only gun for my sons to work with.

FWIW the blems are some marks near the rear of the upper receiver which will undoubtedly be covered by a rear sight; it also has a stamp (C) on the take down lug.

markm
06-09-14, 14:48
I was very tempted by this but didn't want to blow my load until the BFH ELW keymod uppers are out. I recently put together a 14.5" upper with a Colt SOCOM barrel.

Good pickup!

I think that's the reason they're making room at Bravo. ;) People start getting these KMR uppers in their hands and the other uppers are going to be tough to move.

Berserkr556
06-09-14, 15:00
I ordered a BCM 16" M4 SOCOM Blemished Upper just before the Memorial Day weekend and received it the day after the holiday. It was the first carbine gas upper I've ever bought from BCM. All of my other uppers are BCM BFH Mid-Lengths. I always wanted to order a SOCOM upper but never did until now. I'd like to buy another one before they're gone. Mine only had a couple of small scratches on top and what I thought was a discolored spot on the front where the upper is marked BCM4. The discoloring turned out to just be oil that I wiped off with a little alcohol on a rag. I'm glad BCM made these available. Even if the blems weren't available I always buy BCM.

Here's the blem on mine which is nothing. I'll put some alumablack or marker on it and once my Aimpoint mount is installed you'll never know. Hell I have bigger scratches on my other BCMs from shooting.
http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz103/LRRP556/BCMSOCOM2_zps74daf14f.jpg

dudenick4
06-09-14, 15:16
Too good of a deal to turn down. I picked up a 14.5 LW Middy w/Centurion for my wife, at least that's how I sold her on the purchase ;)

crusader377
06-09-14, 23:07
I ordered a BCM 16" M4 SOCOM Blemished Upper just before the Memorial Day weekend and received it the day after the holiday. It was the first carbine gas upper I've ever bought from BCM. All of my other uppers are BCM BFH Mid-Lengths. I always wanted to order a SOCOM upper but never did until now. I'd like to buy another one before they're gone. Mine only had a couple of small scratches on top and what I thought was a discolored spot on the front where the upper is marked BCM4. The discoloring turned out to just be oil that I wiped off with a little alcohol on a rag. I'm glad BCM made these available. Even if the blems weren't available I always buy BCM.

Here's the blem on mine which is nothing. I'll put some alumablack or marker on it and once my Aimpoint mount is installed you'll never know. Hell I have bigger scratches on my other BCMs from shooting.
http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz103/LRRP556/BCMSOCOM2_zps74daf14f.jpg

Mine is very similar to yours except mine has three instead of two nicks at the T6 to T8 position but mine are more the size of the nick to the left of the T10 in your picture.

fferik
06-10-14, 01:40
Had time to take mine out of the box and give it a quick look over before I had to go to work. Nothing obvious struck me as blemished. What I'm guessing is dry lube put what looks like a green tint on it... Once I get home and clean it off I'll see if any blems reveal themselves.

rojocorsa
06-10-14, 02:26
I just got this (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-BFH-Mid-Length-Upper-LaRue-cosmetic-blem-p/bcm-urg-mid-16-bfh-lt12-cosmo.htm) in the mail and holy cow, it's pretty nice. The blemishes on this are laughable...some little ones on top of the upper receiver. I am buying blemished from now on whenever I can.

brianc142
06-10-14, 06:01
Like most of the others, mine had two very small dings in the T mark area. Very minor to say the least.

Colemanator
06-10-14, 07:18
Mine has almost identical marks as the rest. HUGE value for the money. I will take a few scratches any day for being able to own a high quality BCM upper.

Voodoo_Man
06-10-14, 09:45
Just got the SOCOM blem upper in, there is a single scratch, about an inch long and very fine on the first T mark.

This is what I call new.

Eurodriver
06-10-14, 09:46
BCM just obliterated the used market on the EE.

Why pay $700 used when I can get $499 new?

That 16" w/ 12" Centurion is screaming "Eurodriveerrrr"

murphman
06-10-14, 09:54
BCM just obliterated the used market on the EE.

Why pay $700 used when I can get $499 new?

Yeah I have been curbing my impulse buying as of late and BCM is making it really hard. I could easily say F it and pick up three uppers run over to Primary arms and grab 3 stripped blem AP lowers and have a ball. It is so hard not too right now, my cart is pre loaded with uppers ;)

TBL467
06-10-14, 10:24
Finally got the wife's approval to spend my money this morning only to find they are out of stock on these. Fortunately all of the uppers are more than fairly priced. :)

jasonhgross
06-10-14, 10:54
Ordered a 16" with c4 rail and a 14.5 bfh with c4. They makes three c4 railed uppers from bcm. I just couldn't resist the deal, plus bolt carrier groups are "cheap" right now.

ColtM4Carbine
06-10-14, 11:30
Kicking myself for missing the $329 deal...

Eurodriver
06-10-14, 11:40
Ordered a 16" with c4 rail and a 14.5 bfh with c4. They makes three c4 railed uppers from bcm. I just couldn't resist the deal, plus bolt carrier groups are "cheap" right now.

I sincerely mean this - Thank You.

You just saved me so much money.

Caduceus
06-10-14, 18:22
Just picked mine up at UPS. The 16 inch SOCOM. Had a few minor scratches and a decent gouge on a rai l slot. Bare aluminum and just the slightest 'bend' in the aluminum. Still perfecly functional. For the price I cant complain, but I bet a bunch would have if the sold as new. Probably easier to 2nd it than deal with whiny customer returns.

TXinfidel
06-10-14, 18:39
This thread needs more pics of these ugly, good for nothing, sloppy-seconds we were all suckered into buying. :p On that note I will be needing 2 more lowers from grant. Glad to see they are shipping with MOD3 grips now.

weez440
06-10-14, 19:10
just got mine today and there was just a couple little scratches on the top of the receiver like most others. i took a black paint stick just to cover it up and when i put my optics on it they covered it up anyways. it really didn't matter to me as long as it was mechanically ready to go. i am very happy, i have a blem lower and a blem upper and you can't see anything wrong with either of them.

Berserkr556
06-10-14, 20:38

They're still in stock.

2nd.amendment
06-10-14, 20:38

They may be back in stock if you check back over the next several days. A couple of the models have gone in and out of stock, including the SOCOM.

Edit to add: as said above, still in stock (4 SOCOMS in stock as of this post).

markm
06-11-14, 10:06
Yep. I bet that have the blem parts and assemble them as they go.

Airhasz
06-11-14, 11:01
Funny how price drops and no more complaining about how heavy socom barrels are...:sarcastic:

markm
06-11-14, 11:21
Funny how price drops and no more complaining about how heavy socom barrels are...:sarcastic:

They're heavier when they're full priced. Industry standard stuff.

2nd.amendment
06-11-14, 12:04
They're heavier when they're full priced. Industry standard stuff.

And the pinned 14.5s are less permanent at the blem prices ...

markm
06-11-14, 12:13
All you do is send it to ADCO and have them make it a pencil barrel, fluted job... then wonder why it's an 8 MOA shooter.

JSantoro
06-11-14, 14:54

"Are we buying this, Jim?"

"Yes, Other Jim, we are buying it."

Arrived about 15min ago. This is the hideous blem:

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx287/santoro0313/blem.jpg (http://s764.photobucket.com/user/santoro0313/media/blem.jpg.html)

I'm gonna do SO much worse to this thing...

markm
06-11-14, 15:15

Let's leave the fettish stuff in the Moderator forum please. :sarcastic:

Caduceus
06-11-14, 16:47
"Are we buying this, Jim?"

"Yes, Other Jim, we are buying it."

Arrived about 15min ago. This is the hideous blem:

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx287/santoro0313/blem.jpg (http://s764.photobucket.com/user/santoro0313/media/blem.jpg.html)

That's about what mine looked like.

dudenick4
06-11-14, 17:42
Late to the party but here's the "blem" on mine http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/12/4erumaje.jpg

K_K
06-11-14, 21:08
I just one bought one speaking of the devil! I will post pics if you want which should come in tomorrow.

murphman
06-12-14, 10:26
Doesn't sound like the blems bother any of you but if it does just slap some aluminum black on those puppies and call it a day.

djegators
06-12-14, 10:28
Yes, outstanding value for the money...then again, with the current sale on uppers at BCM, I ended up getting a ELW/KMR for what I consider not a lot more.

MSparks909
06-12-14, 18:04
Picked up one of these 16" SOCOM uppers as well. Sending it to Adco to be cut to 14.5" and having an extended A2 pinned/welded. Putting this on my blem Aero Precision lower. Going to be my beater/training/go-to rifle.

justin_247
06-12-14, 18:24
Late to the party but here's the "blem" on mine http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/12/4erumaje.jpg

The Colt LE6920 MP I looked at yesterday looked worse than this...

BTL BRN
06-13-14, 08:35
So are most of yours' also marked with a (c) on the takedown lug? I am assuming the (c) = cosmetic blem?

^Rb
06-13-14, 16:27
FYI, the 14.5 pinned versions are now available as well: http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Standard-14-5-M4-SOCOM-Upper-Receiver-cosmo-p/bcm-urg-m4-14socom-cosmo.htm

Tempted to grab one just to stash away for when Hilary becomes prez and the gun-grabbing starts again.....

weez440
06-13-14, 16:30
So are most of yours' also marked with a (c) on the takedown lug? I am assuming the (c) = cosmetic blem?

mine was marked with the c, i think you are right on that assumption.

shutup&shoot
06-13-14, 19:14
These prices are unbelievable. People that are buying lesser quality rifles have no excuse now.

jasonhgross
06-14-14, 12:05
Now assembled my two cosmetic blem bcm lowers from grant and two cosmetic c4 uppers one in 16" and other in 14.5 with bcm comp. can't wait to sight in. If you are on the fence, grab one or two of these combos. Total rifle price (less sights upper and lower) is between $1145 and $1245. That's with moe stock BCG, CH, and shipping costs. Prices won't be this low again.

7.62NATO
06-14-14, 13:36

Toecheese
06-14-14, 13:48
FYI, the 14.5 pinned versions are now available as well: http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Standard-14-5-M4-SOCOM-Upper-Receiver-cosmo-p/bcm-urg-m4-14socom-cosmo.htm

Tempted to grab one just to stash away for when Hilary becomes prez and the gun-grabbing starts again.....

This is a killer deal...I only wish BCM could send you this with no A2, Delta Ring etc. Just don't have the tools for removing the A2.

opngrnd
06-14-14, 14:07
I really hope this trend continues for a while. It'd give guys like me a chance to buy an upper that is otherwise above our price range. Looking at the blemishes you guys are showing, I honestly feel that my upper would look worse than that after a class or two in the gravel.

K_K
06-14-14, 17:03
Yar she blows! The Blem Upper.

http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae79/wes33230/IMAG0657_zps8630936b.jpg (http://s959.photobucket.com/user/wes33230/media/IMAG0657_zps8630936b.jpg.html)

http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae79/wes33230/IMAG0665_zps5463b820.jpg (http://s959.photobucket.com/user/wes33230/media/IMAG0665_zps5463b820.jpg.html)

http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae79/wes33230/IMAG0672_zpsd2134687.jpg (http://s959.photobucket.com/user/wes33230/media/IMAG0672_zpsd2134687.jpg.html)

Its a BCM blem socom upper with a BCM Bolt-carrier and troy rear sight, all on top of a Spikes Tactical lower with a rock river lower parts kit and a magpul moe stock (this was my first lower that I built). I have a Daniels Def push button sling back plate that i need to buy another and re do. I suck so much with staking castle nuts.

MSparks909
06-14-14, 17:22
Of course they have 14.5" pinned/A2X SOCOM uppers available now...wish they would have been available a couple of weeks ago! Already sent the barrel off to ADCO to have it cut/A2X pinned/welded. Oh well.

rojocorsa
06-14-14, 17:50
I wonder how long this blem upper gravy train will last.

ColtM4Carbine
06-14-14, 22:59
What's the difference in weight between the regular barrel and the SOCOM? Can't decide on whether to get the 14.5" SOCOM upper or the 14.5" with the C4 rail.

opngrnd
06-14-14, 23:16
SOCOM barrels are heavier underneath the handguard area. This allows for a more durable barrel during sustained fire, particularly full auto fire.

JSantoro
06-14-14, 23:20
For a general purpose carbine, is one upper preferable over the other? Is one rail superior/preferable to the other?

The LaRue MAY have an edge in terms of rigidity, which'd be better for supporting lazerz and add-on optics one'd put in front of a primary optic, or any other crap that one might hang off the front of the gun. They're very tough, strong rails.

On the one hand, if you were to go for your #1, you'd be getting a LaRue-rail-equipped upper for an excellent price.

On the other hand, that rail on a more precision-oriented upper makes more sense to me (i.e., I think, these days, it's a bit wasted on an upper with a non-precision barrel).

I went with your #2. The Centurion is noticeably lighter, still an extremely rigid/stable quad rail, has QD sockets on BOTH ends (the LaRue has it on the back end, only...if that matters), and the upper costs $50 less. BUIS, a handstop, and a flashlight are all that went on mine. That's my frame of reference.

You'd be genuinely well-off with either one. I refer you to my consultant, Fippy the Coin....

EDIT: Huh... The Centurion is all of about 3oz lighter; thought it was lighter than that. Not enough to account for the difference I felt between the two carbines I hefted. Maybe there was a SOCOM or other, heavier profile barrel on the LaRue-equipped one I picked up.

jerrysimons
06-15-14, 23:07
Sorry if I missed it, are these uppers blems from the new machine vendor marked "BCM4" that Grant showcased in another thread or are they blems from the older vendor? Just curious.

six8
06-16-14, 07:38
How's the A2x?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

BTL BRN
06-16-14, 10:25
How's the A2x?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

At what, flash suppression? It is just an extended A2, so the expect the same results.

7.62NATO
06-17-14, 18:36

Voodoo_Man
06-17-14, 19:48
Snapped some pix, blem is on the brass deflector area and on the first t-marks.

http://i.imgur.com/67IRjBB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mrv1jPm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vQezfPv.jpg

MSparks909
06-17-14, 20:17
I'll post up some pics later this weekend. My Geissele Reaction Rod should be here soon so I'm going to strip the upper and have the barrel sent out to Adco to be cut to 14.5 and have an A2X pinned/welded.

Ran 100 rounds of XM193 through it this past weekend. I chose to try the B5 systems keymod handguard instead of the generic M4 style or MOE handguards. The heat shield would not fit around the barrel profile. The B5 handguard's heat shield is meant for a government profile barrel. So I ran it without the heat shield, which caused the handguards to get quite warm while shooting. Upper ran fine. Chose to pair it with a BCM BCG. Used my DD lower to test fire. H2 buffer and Sprinco Blue. Felt recoil was more noticeable than my 16" DD middy. Hoping that by cutting the barrel to 14.5" I will reduce some of the felt recoil by optimizing dwell time for the carbine gas system. Will test 100 yard groupings with XM193, 855 and some 77gr. handloads my buddy loaded for me and report back after the barrel is cut. Going to be using the irons for the groups so they may not be representative of what the gun is truly capable of. After the initial group test and zeroing session, this upper will see an exclusive diet of Wolf 55 and 62 gr.

JSantoro
06-17-14, 23:30
My blem upper is now on an aggressively, personally blem'd lower:

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx287/santoro0313/Gun2Mk3.jpg (http://s764.photobucket.com/user/santoro0313/media/Gun2Mk3.jpg.html)

After zeroing, gave it a bit of a shakedown out at Peacemaker, with Moltke. It shutz gud.

Kain
06-18-14, 15:11
Well BCM got my money. Again. Lol. Couldn't resist the 16inch middy BFH with the Larue rail for $549. So it is on its way to me and will join another BCM BFH middy I have.

StevieJ309
06-18-14, 19:25
Seems like a few of you were buying the 16" SOCOM with plans to cut it down...14.5" SOCOM Upper with A2X - $379 (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Standard-14-5-M4-SOCOM-Upper-Receiver-cosmo-p/bcm-urg-m4-14socom-cosmo.htm)

I've been wanting an authentic 14.5" Colt SOCOM upper, but I'm not sure I can resist the BCM at this price.

MSparks909
06-18-14, 19:44
Seems like a few of you were buying the 16" SOCOM with plans to cut it down...14.5" SOCOM Upper with A2X - $379 (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Standard-14-5-M4-SOCOM-Upper-Receiver-cosmo-p/bcm-urg-m4-14socom-cosmo.htm)

I've been wanting an authentic 14.5" Colt SOCOM upper, but I'm not sure I can resist the BCM at this price.

Hindsight is 20-20. BCM didn't have 14.5" SOCOM's available when I ordered my upper a couple of weeks ago. Figures they would release them after I had already test fired my 16" upper. Oh well.

fixit69
06-18-14, 20:00
You guy's are killing me. At this price it's a good deal, but sooooooooo ... many projects in the way. S.O.A.B.

Kain
06-18-14, 21:03
You guy's are killing me. At this price it's a good deal, but sooooooooo ... many projects in the way. S.O.A.B.

You want me to help? Not really. But think of it this way. If you've got the cash for one of the uppers there that you want/ were planning on buying anyway, buying it now means you are actually saving money in the long run. Sure it may sit on the shelf for a little while(Mine is going to take me a couple months to finish.get everything to do it proper), but what the hell, you can make the argument you are saving hundred in the long run.

Come, join us on the dark side :) :cool:

fixit69
06-19-14, 06:59
You want me to help? Not really. But think of it this way. If you've got the cash for one of the uppers there that you want/ were planning on buying anyway, buying it now means you are actually saving money in the long run. Sure it may sit on the shelf for a little while(Mine is going to take me a couple months to finish.get everything to do it proper), but what the hell, you can make the argument you are saving hundred in the long run.

Come, join us on the dark side :) :cool:

Yes. These are not the droids I'm looking for... Goddammit, quit the Jedi mind tricks dude. :D

And yes I saw what you did there... It would probably be smart to do that, but my budget is trash now and I can't even justify it. I already have (minus the centurion rail) the 14.5 and 16 inch uppers.

Would be nice to have a spare...

Get out of my head dude.

mattieb
06-19-14, 07:04
I just ordered the 14.5 centurion c4 with pined bcm brake for $549 can't wait till it gets here
I couldn't afford the bcg or charging Handel or sights,but at least I have a complete lower so it will be a work in progress until I can shoot it. Just couldn't pass up the price.
Does anyone no how well the c4 is. And it's the light weight

markm
06-19-14, 09:15
I need to put BCM email in some spam block or some shit. :sarcastic:

djegators
06-19-14, 09:22
Yeah, I was just thinking that....after talking myself out of a blem upper and into a ELW KMR upper, they keep sending me emails trying to get access to more of my funds....

I need to put BCM email in some spam block or some shit. :sarcastic:

markm
06-19-14, 09:37
Class action lawsuit maybe???

djegators
06-19-14, 09:39
Class action lawsuit maybe???

We would probably win and be awarded BCM discount codes....

AR-Ryan21
06-19-14, 13:20
I'd like if their 14.5" blem uppers weren't already pinned...

Voodoo_Man
06-19-14, 15:40
I'll post up some pics later this weekend. My Geissele Reaction Rod should be here soon so I'm going to strip the upper and have the barrel sent out to Adco to be cut to 14.5 and have an A2X pinned/welded.

Ran 100 rounds of XM193 through it this past weekend. I chose to try the B5 systems keymod handguard instead of the generic M4 style or MOE handguards. The heat shield would not fit around the barrel profile. The B5 handguard's heat shield is meant for a government profile barrel. So I ran it without the heat shield, which caused the handguards to get quite warm while shooting. Upper ran fine. Chose to pair it with a BCM BCG. Used my DD lower to test fire. H2 buffer and Sprinco Blue. Felt recoil was more noticeable than my 16" DD middy. Hoping that by cutting the barrel to 14.5" I will reduce some of the felt recoil by optimizing dwell time for the carbine gas system. Will test 100 yard groupings with XM193, 855 and some 77gr. handloads my buddy loaded for me and report back after the barrel is cut. Going to be using the irons for the groups so they may not be representative of what the gun is truly capable of. After the initial group test and zeroing session, this upper will see an exclusive diet of Wolf 55 and 62 gr.

So I got some B5 keymod carbine handguards as well....they fit fine?

markm
06-19-14, 15:42
I'd like if their 14.5" blem uppers weren't already pinned...

Dremel.

RIDE
06-19-14, 16:14
Dremel.

Can't possibly be that easy!

Voodoo_Man
06-19-14, 20:36
So I got some B5 keymod carbine handguards as well....they fit fine?

Just to quote myself, took a picture - heat shield fits (though it scrapes the barrel on install...who cares its a blem already!)

http://i.imgur.com/4EjtBJQ.jpg

^Rb
06-21-14, 12:47
Looks like I missed this train by a day....

EDITED: If you want to buy somebody's somethingorother, YOU send THEM a PM, or put up a WTB thread in the EE. Not a suggestion, a requirement.

Kain
06-25-14, 21:29
Here is a pic of the blem BCM upper I received earlier this week. Am extremely happy and can't wait to get the rest of the parts to finish the build off and have the rifle I always really wanted. Had some marks on the top of the upper but the Acog covers them. Also had some scratches on the side as shown in the picture. I will claim them as my confirmed kills to anyone who gives me any shit at the range. :rolleyes: :cool:

TacMedic556
12-01-15, 00:30
Sorry to resurrect a dinosaur thread, however I had a quick question I think this thread can answer. I recently picked up a lightly used BCM complete factory assembled upper from a member here on M4C and the rear takedown lug has a stamped "C" on the rear of said lug. Is this indicative hat it was a cosmetic blem upper? Not that I care only looking for meaning into the C mark. Thanks for the help.

Cincinnatus
12-01-15, 00:56
Sorry to resurrect a dinosaur thread, however I had a quick question I think this thread can answer. I recently picked up a lightly used BCM complete factory assembled upper from a member here on M4C and the rear takedown lug has a stamped "C" on the rear of said lug. Is this indicative hat it was a cosmetic blem upper? Not that I care only looking for meaning into the C mark. Thanks for the help.

Yes, it is a blem.

Eurodriver
12-01-15, 06:33

Dude you can't be bumping threads like this. I thought they were available again and I already have my AMEX out ready to go... :p

Koshinn
12-01-15, 06:36
Dude you can't be bumping threads like this. I thought they were available again and I already have my AMEX out ready to go... :p

There's a fine line between searching too hard and bumping old threads, lol.

Bolt_Overide
12-01-15, 07:37

^^ That

TacMedic556
12-01-15, 08:43
^^ That

Hey guys way sorry to get you spun up on blem uppers. I did search high and low for answers before posting. Thanks for the answer. On another note, i can't believe these were offered and I was in my comatose state. Keeping my eyes on this in e future.

7.62NATO
12-01-15, 12:04
Hey guys way sorry to get you spun up on blem uppers. I did search high and low for answers before posting. Thanks for the answer. On another note, i can't believe these were offered and I was in my comatose state. Keeping my eyes on this in e future.

I heard through the grapevine that there are a bunch sitting in storage waiting to be released to the populace.

Eurodriver
12-01-15, 13:04
I heard through the grapevine that there are a bunch sitting in storage waiting to be released to the populace.

You take that back right now. Elevated hopes are NO BUENO.

gesundheit
12-01-15, 23:58
You take that back right now. Elevated hopes are NO BUENO.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw the thread title. No bueno indeed.

Caduceus
12-02-15, 18:24

Well I plan on selling my blem M4 upper on a blem lower when it comes in ... so keep an eye on the EE.