PDA

View Full Version : Hk45 suppressor sight?

Wolvee
06-07-14, 19:46
Besides Heinies are there any other suppressor sight options?

How about front sight option to mate up with a tall rear Heinie sight?

Does Dawson Precision still make custom sights?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Coal Dragger
06-09-14, 00:36
They might make a custom rear sight, call them up and ask. I just got a set of sights from them in the mail on Saturday and installed them today. Very nice quality, and a greatly improved sight picture over stock.

I went with a .210" tall .125" wide fiber optic front in combination with their plain black serrated carry rear sight that is .293" tall with a .135" rear notch. Nice clean sight picture with enough light on wither side of the front sight to be quick but not so much sight alignment will suffer. I had originally wanted a tritium front but honestly I'm really digging the fiber optic front more than I thought I would. I originally went for it because to make a custom tritium front would take about 3 weeks or so. Now I think I'll stick with the fiber optic and just buy a weapon light...

They will also supply a custom height front at no further charge if your sight set doesn't hit POA=POI. Which indicates that they will custom machine anything you want if you can work it out with them. I'll bet if you are persistent you can get what you want but it may cost extra.

My only complaint is the lack of a front ledge on the rear sight for one handed manipulation. Oh well the HK does have a big ass ambidextrous slide release lever that is very easy to use. Probably faster for reloads anyway.

rjacobs
06-09-14, 18:13
Dawson will not and does not make a tall rear sight for the HK45 series. They said they would make any height front I wanted, but not the rear. Then the guy says "would you like to order a set" uh, no, I dont want a ridiculously tall front with a short rear, that doesnt work. I dont know if the guy I talked to just didnt know what I wanted or was trying to accomplish.

Wolvee
06-09-14, 18:43
I like the Heinie tall rear site just fine it's the front I'm not doing well with. I'll give them a call and see if they can match a custom front with the heinie rear. Maybe a tritium/Hi-vis front blade?

Coal Dragger
06-10-14, 01:24
They'll do a custom front blade no problem, just tell them how tall it needs to be. I think I was quoted an additional $10.00 for a custom height.