PDA

View Full Version : American Trigger Tech AR-15 "Gold Trigger"

nickdrak
06-04-08, 23:16
Curious if anybody has had the opportunity to try one of these out. There was an article in the newest issue of the "Book of the AR-15". From the limited info on availability on the website, I dont think they are available yet. Perhaps someone from the industry here can get in touch with ATT and get one to test out? Looks promising:
http://www.americantriggertech.com/

Hootiewho
08-15-08, 10:30
Sorry for digging up old threads, but I am curious about this trigger. Has anyone used it or have any experience with it?

Thanks,
Hootie

markm
08-15-08, 10:37
I missed a "Book of the AR15" issue? :mad:

frbowers
02-22-09, 12:44
Looks like these are shipping now and I heard good reviews from the SHOT show, but no long term reviews yet. Anyone using one?

Dave L.
02-22-09, 12:58
Looks like there's a lot of big names in line to stroke this one.

QuietShootr
02-22-09, 12:59
I have been a beta tester for them since the fall, and I have about 3500 rounds on one, and a few hundred on the others. I am very anti-match-trigger, so it's a hard sell for me.

The trigger has some very interesting features. It's extremely safe due to the way the safety and safety sear works - when the safety is engaged, the hammer is lifted off the primary sear and locked in place. The components are wire-EDMd tool steel, not cast and surface hardened like factory parts. There is no discernible wear on all three examples I own.

The primary sear is on the BACK of the hammer roughly where the auto catch would be on an M16 hammer, and as a result, you can get a very crisp/light pull that doesn't deteriorate with use. There is a lot less pressure at that point because of leverage than there is on the hammer/trigger interface in a standard-style trigger.

That said: the current model is a competition trigger. I say that because it uses setscrews for adjustment, which I don't like (even though I haven't had any trouble with it in these triggers.)

There will be a military-grade model that does NOT use setscrews coming out very shortly.

threefeathers
02-22-09, 19:55
Will it fit a Colt with the sear block.

QuietShootr
02-22-09, 19:57
Will it fit a Colt with the sear block.

Negative.

Hootiewho
02-23-09, 10:35
A friend of mine got one of the comp triggers in the other day and I got to play with it. As far as a fighting rifle goes, I am like the guy who beta tested, I am not easily sold. As far as a good trigger pull, it is unreal. The reset was very nice on this trigger as well.

Tokarev
06-22-09, 21:44
There will be a military-grade model that does NOT use setscrews coming out very shortly.

Any further word on the military trigger?