PDA

View Full Version : What rifle with 1500-2k budget

urmaker45
06-08-14, 09:53
Hey guys Im looking for a m4 rifle not my first I have a ddmk18 sbr and a bushmaster 16 inch. I'm leo and looking or another 16 inch gun going to probably put a 4x a cog or aim point micro on it. I was looking toward a 16 inch larue obr but don't want to wait . I like a long handgaurd to implement the magpul dynamics style shooting grip. what would you guys recommend in the 1500-2k range I really don't want to custom build.

Airhasz
06-08-14, 10:10
Knights Armament Co.

VIP3R 237
06-08-14, 10:11
KAC SR15 Mod 1. It is towards the upper end of your price range but there is not a better rifle on the market.

if you want to stay at the lower price point, go with this upper and match it with a quality lower: http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-BFH-16-LIGHT-WEIGHT-Mid-KMR-KEYMOD-p/bcm-urg-mid-16lw-bfh-kmr13.htm

Zane1844
06-08-14, 10:13
http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=750-780

I would get that BCM, a case of rounds, shoot it and try to break it. :D

MorphCross
06-08-14, 10:17
Best bang for your buck: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=16-MID-ELW-KMR13 , http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=LWR-BCM , http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=BCG-BCM , http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=GFCH-BCM.

All products are Bravo Company Manufacturing and fit within your parameters.

Edit: Snap! Zane beat me to it.

SiGfever
06-08-14, 10:18
KAC SR-15

skywalkrNCSU
06-08-14, 10:27
Does your budget include your optic? That would seriously change your options.

Boba Fett v2
06-08-14, 10:43
Hey guys Im looking for a m4 rifle not my first I have a ddmk18 sbr and a bushmaster 16 inch. I'm leo and looking or another 16 inch gun going to probably put a 4x a cog or aim point micro on it. I was looking toward a 16 inch larue obr but don't want to wait . I like a long handgaurd to implement the magpul dynamics style shooting grip. what would you guys recommend in the 1500-2k range I really don't want to custom build.

Buy my 16" SR15E3 MOD 1 so I can put the money towards an 14.5" SR15E3 Carbine.

graffex
06-08-14, 10:46
I'd get a BCM 16" mid length with 13" KMR. Slap it on a BCM lower. Get a BCM bolt carrier group. Then pick whatever sling, stock, pistol grip, charging handle, irons, and or optics you prefer. That's what I did and couldn't be more happy.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/08/6u4yra2y.jpg

graffex
06-08-14, 10:47
Double tap.

jc000
06-08-14, 11:17
What's the purpose of this rifle? Patrol for work? Precision? What would you expect to get out of this differently from your BM?

Rather than push you to BCM this or some other brand I'd be curious to understand what it is you want to accomplish with your $1500-2000 budget as you can get a lot of great 16" rifles for hundreds less.

HeliPilot
06-08-14, 11:28
Another vote for the BCM KMR; throw an Aimpoint Micro on it, a light, and call it a day.

Obscenejesster
06-08-14, 13:20
If I was a LEO my main concern would be maneuverability and weight on top of the obvious reliability.

In that case, I think your best bet would be one of BCM's KMR ELW's. You're probably not going to find something lighter with more accuracy and more durability.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

F-Trooper05
06-08-14, 13:42
If you're spending $2K, KAC all day every day. The fact that they come with KAC sights and the BCM doesn't come with any is almost reason enough to spend a few hundred extra IMO. Not to mention the E3 bolt and the intermediate gas system.

Airhasz
06-08-14, 13:46
Based on these suggestions has BCM's new lightweight offering taken over KAC's throne? :secret:

Airhasz
06-08-14, 13:48
If you're spending $2K, KAC all day every day. The fact that they come with KAC sights and the BCM doesn't come with any is almost reason enough to spend a few hundred extra IMO. Not to mention the E3 bolt and the intermediate gas system.

Trooper has it right, no contest, KAC is ready to shoot out the box.

ReRun
06-08-14, 15:50
Without knowing exactly what you want to do with a new one I'd say look at upgrading your current equipment.

Sell the Bushy, add that money to the $2k and get a Colt and BCM. 2 very solid rifles and you can tweak the setups a bit for different purposes.

3ACR_Scout
06-08-14, 16:25
Definitely need to know if your budget includes buying optics, light, sling, or any other accessories. Not sure from your OP if you already have the ACOG / Aimpoint. Buying a BCM plus those accessories will bring you right up to your $2K limit. A KAC will take you over that limit if you want to add anything.

Dave

tw4
06-08-14, 16:39
BCM KMR - Grant has one for like $1300 even though I'm a Noveske guy- That BCM will be a work horse.

Iraqgunz
06-08-14, 16:42
These threads really make no sense. We have thousands of members here and you are probably going to get dozens or hundreds of responses. Why not take a second to formulate a question that we can make sense of.

What are you doing with this AR?

What will it do that the others won't? What are you expectations of it?

Does the budget you provided include optics?

Right now it is a buyer's market. There are AR's and parts everywhere and you can literally build or buy anything within reason. We can't read your thoughts and until you provide some more information we are all simply typing for nothing.

Mrc44
06-08-14, 18:33
PWS MK116 Mod1

Honorthecall81
06-08-14, 20:31
PWS MK116 Mod1

I agree. People for some reason don't typically consider the PWS system for reasons that are just beyond me. I like to think they are the best kept secret out there that's not really a secret.

VIP3R 237
06-08-14, 21:17
I agree. People for some reason don't typically consider the PWS system for reasons that are just beyond me. I like to think they are the best kept secret out there that's not really a secret.

I'm not a fan of piston rifles in general, but I really like the PWS rifles. I am excited to get a hold of one of the new Modern Musket DI rifles.

Based on these suggestions has BCM's new lightweight offering taken over KAC's throne? :secret:

I believe for the price BCM has separated itself from Colt, LMT, and possibly even Daniel Defense, but until they come stock with ambi features, better triggers, and awesome sights, (which BTW would more than make up the difference in price) not to mention the E3 system, KAC is still King.

cbx
06-08-14, 23:49
What do you want to do with it? Is weight a factor? Does the type of gas system matter?

Lopro619
06-09-14, 02:21
BCM KMR, with an aimpoint T-1. Right at 2k for rifle and optic.

Amur
06-09-14, 08:33
BCM KMR, with an aimpoint T-1. Right at 2k for rifle and optic.

This is the easy answer. But get an H1 and save a few bucks for ammo unless you plan on scuba diving with your rifle or sea in knight vision!

Hispanic_Hercules
06-09-14, 11:38
I love Daniel Defense as they are well built and give LEO discount :D. But I also love my BCM and LWRC. I have recently been looking at the TAVOR and they too give LEO discount..

Tzook
06-09-14, 22:38
KAC all day errrr day brother