PDA

View Full Version : "Hey Honey, I'm Taking A Little Trip To......

3 AE
06-08-14, 15:01
....North Korea, I hear it's nice this time of year." WTF? Of all the places to visit in the world, this scissorbill picks NK. Does anyone know if the State Dept. has the authority to forbid travel to certain countries, and if you go, you're own your own with no hope of intervention by the USA? Now we have to play suck up to try and get him back. Unbelievable. His wife should have taken a frying pan to his head!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2650353/North-Korea-says-holding-American-tourist.html

R/Tdrvr
06-08-14, 16:43
Sorry, but if you're stupid enough to take a trip to a known enemy of the US, whether you're a missionary to NK or hikers in Iran or whatever, you deserve whats coming when you get arrested or captured.

SteyrAUG
06-08-14, 16:50
Sorry, but if you're stupid enough to take a trip to a known enemy of the US, whether you're a missionary to NK or hikers in Iran or whatever, you deserve whats coming when you get arrested or captured.

I don't know about deserve, but certainly run the risk. Same thing with people who go to Africa and then are surprised when they are kidnapped.

If I had unlimited amounts of money, I'd love to go all over the world and see everything. But part of being "worldly" is knowing the world is very different in different places and some places are exceptionally dangerous. But what happens is these dipshits give some local kid a sandwich and the kid smiles at them and they think to themselves "people really are the same all over" and they forget to be worldly.

MarkG
06-08-14, 17:41
In this case, deserve is certainly an adequate verb. This is what happens when you go proselytizing in chi com country.

Outlander Systems
06-08-14, 17:43
We need to bring some freedom to NK.

Tip 'O The Spear-style.

ABNAK
06-08-14, 17:46
This reminds me of the whining from some family when the deserter Bergdahl was released. Their son and his girlfriend (one is Canadian, the other an American) went hiking in Afghanistan!!!! Yeah, brilliant f*****g idea. Let's pull out all the stops to get their dumb asses out.

glocktogo
06-09-14, 11:27
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Meh... :(

Koshinn
06-09-14, 11:30
In this case, deserve is certainly an adequate verb. This is what happens when you go proselytizing in chi com country.

No half-decent person deserves what NK does, regardless of said person's intelligence.

TMS951
06-09-14, 15:40
They can keep him.

I have little tolerance for proselytizing or pushing your views on people in any way. I find little difference in the way the progressive left pushes their ideals. The same arrogance that 'they know better'.

That said, when you go somewhere like PRNK and do this you are asking for it. It should be of no surprise to him what happened.

I'm all about exploring the world. In doing so I respect peoples customs and culture when I visit their lands and try to assimilate to their culture as much as an outsider could. Its about respect, and this arrogant asshat clearly lacks it.

To me this is the same as trying heroin and getting addicted, wtf did he thing was going to happen?

MarkG
06-09-14, 21:00
No half-decent person deserves what NK does, regardless of said person's intelligence.

Decent has nothing to do with this cats troubles. Its been said before, you cant fix stupid.

Moose-Knuckle
06-11-14, 17:52
Hell I still don't understand why anyone would go to Mexico.

GotAmmo
06-11-14, 18:44
What tourist attraction does NK have that a bible thumper would go there for vacation??

Like stated by many, I have no sympathy if you willing go to a country that habors deep hostilities towards the US and our way of life.