PDA

View Full Version : Tight magazine fit

dramabeats
06-08-14, 16:15
I have an aero precision lower and the magwell pretty is tight with gen 2 pmags, I don't have other mags on hand to try.

I broke out some 80 grit sandpaper and took some material off the spine of the pmag, it drops free now.

should I sand the magwell? I'd rather not do this to every pmag.

jmnielsen
06-08-14, 16:20
It may just be some pmags. Was it a blem lower?

dramabeats
06-08-14, 16:23
It may just be some pmags. Was it a blem lower?

I took a pretty decent amount of material off

no it's not.

Col_Crocs
06-08-14, 17:17
You should've just sent it back for a replacement.

dramabeats
06-08-14, 17:32
You should've just sent it back for a replacement.

I haven't touched the lower, just the cheapo pmag.

GregP220
06-08-14, 20:40
Try a GI mag and a Gen 3 PMAG. As long as those fit the magwell dimensions are probably fine.

Older PMAGS didn't always fit very well in non-Colt lowers.

dramabeats
06-08-14, 20:43
Try a GI mag and a Gen 3 PMAG. As long as those fit the magwell dimensions are probably fine.

Older PMAGS didn't always fit very well in non-Colt lowers.

I don't have any of those, this is my first build. I'm going to order a bunch of gen3 pmags, hopefully they work.

dog guy
06-08-14, 21:25
I also have an AP lower that's tight on one or two older Pmags. My lower is a blem with two tiny scratches. The rest of my Pmags drop free just fine, don't remember off hand which gen they are but I think they're mostly gen 2. All of my aluminum mags drop free as well. Just another data point for you.

Col_Crocs
06-08-14, 21:49
I haven't touched the lower, just the cheapo pmag.

You still can, then. I see no reason to live with it and have to modify otherwise good mags, unless ofcourse it's been SBRd.

dramabeats
06-08-14, 22:08
You still can, then. I see no reason to live with it and have to modify otherwise good mags, unless ofcourse it's been SBRd.

I sent them an email, hopefully the gen 3 mags work well.

dramabeats
06-09-14, 18:47
The place I ordered from said that they tried some gen 3 mags and they dropped free. I have a buddy with a gen 3 so I will try it tomorrow, I don't like that gen 2 mags won't work too well though.