PDA

View Full Version : It's on in Karachi (ongoing fire fight at airport)

WillBrink
06-08-14, 17:35
Gunmen attack Karachi's Jinnah International Airport

Heavily armed gunmen have attacked Karachi international airport in Pakistan, killing at least nine people.

Hospital sources say three of the gunmen who attacked Jinnah International Airport's old terminal have also been killed.

Security personnel have sealed off the airport and army commandos have been called in, with gunfire continuing.

All operations at the terminal have been suspended and all flights to the airport are being diverted.

Staff are being evacuated.

At least 14 people have been wounded.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-27757264

Irish
06-08-14, 22:47
The death toll sits at 21 now. (http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/08/world/asia/pakistan-karachi-airport-attack/)

NWPilgrim
06-08-14, 23:16
Any significance to the airport as the scene? Anti-Western? A Govt? One of few gun-free zones in Pakistan?

Moose-Knuckle
06-09-14, 03:59
Makes you wonder if they were there for some HVT(s) or just an attempt at a Mumbai style attack against civies.

Voodoochild
06-09-14, 07:25
Any significance to the airport as the scene? Anti-Western? A Govt? One of few gun-free zones in Pakistan?

From what I have read they hit the VIP section. So I suspect they were hoping that someone would be there or it was just a general statement that we can hit you anywhere. You gotta wonder about the security there.

TAZ
06-09-14, 10:18
From what I have read they hit the VIP section. So I suspect they were hoping that someone would be there or it was just a general statement that we can hit you anywhere. You gotta wonder about the security there.

It's Pakistan. They prolly thought that they had their protection bill up to date with sheltering Osama for a decade.

Any US personnel injured??

HKGuns
06-09-14, 11:08
Great, I fly to India on Wednesday.

Jer
06-09-14, 15:11

VIP in Pakistan? Now I've heard everything. lulz

NWPilgrim
06-09-14, 15:19
VIP in Pakistan? Now I've heard everything. lulz

Is VIP with or without goat? I get that mixed up.

Jer
06-09-14, 15:47
Is VIP with or without goat? I get that mixed up.

Without goat (they provide goat check services) but with toilet paper.