PDA

View Full Version : NightForce Unimount

StingerDan
06-10-14, 08:41
Is anyone using this mount? I am looking for a review. Thanks Dan.http://www.sinclairintl.com/optics/rings-bases/ringmounts/nightforce-unimounts-prod41173.aspx

Failure2Stop
06-10-14, 09:02
There are people in highly respected places that choose these as their go-to mounts for precision optics/rifles.
The only complaint that I have heard from them is about the price, which is pretty consistent with other similar products.

montrala
06-10-14, 09:16
I use lowest version (1.125") on my HK rifle (rail is a bit higher than on regular AR15). This definitely is a quality mount. Well made and light. For some people lack of quick remove/reinstall is a problem. But you must take in mind that cantilever is not big on "standard" version, so there can be some eye relief problems with short stock or generally placing eyes close to the receiver. I put my scope as far forward as possible in mount. But Extended version should make things easier to set up.

bp7178
06-10-14, 20:24
Throw a stubby 1/2" wrench in a grip or a pouch. Instant QD.

I don't like the extremely forward/cantilever mounts. When you see people shoot these, they have a very awkward shoulder position and are leaning forward in an awkward position. It creates a lot of tension in the shoulder and upper arm, of which I'm not a fan. I also like mounts as low as possible. For the AR, if flip up scope caps are desired then generally the lowest you can get is about 1.27". If you're not worried about scope caps, the 1.18ish mounts will work. You don't want any float above your stock. When you cheek the rifle, contact the stock with your chin and slide your face down the stock until the weight of your head comes to a natural position over the stock, IE no muscle support what so ever. This will be a very repeatable position, and with any of the 1.5" stock the scope will be WAY too high.

StingerDan
06-10-14, 21:15
I appreciate the input. Every thing you guys have said is what I believed to be true.