PDA

View Full Version : HK45 Tactical (Full Size) - Which LEO agencies and/or military units are carrying it?

karamojo
06-11-14, 04:02
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen:

First of all, I'd like to say "hello" to all and say thanks a lot for accepting me as a member here. Without being a registered member, I was lurking here for a few years already and the information I received through this board on many occasions was extremely helpful.

I have a question and I was unsuccessful just searching for an answer. Perhaps you ladies and gentlemen do have the information I am looking for.

Here's my question: Do you know which LEO agency and/or military unit is officially using the relatively new HK45 Tactical with the longer 130 mm. (= 5.12") barrel that features a M16 X 1 thread on the muzzle end for attachment of a silencer?

I suppose that since P.D. and S.O. are already carrying the standard HK45 (full size), HK45C, then some HK45 Tacticals (full size) might be in use with their special units as well.

I am aware that the HK45CT (Compact Tactical) has officially been adopted by NSW as their "Mark 24 Model 0 Combat Assault Pistol". I need information on the HK45 Tactical in full size configuration.

Thanks a lot for your kind responses.

Kindest Regards,

karamojo :help:

Wolvee
06-11-14, 08:19
I feel like we just got a letter from an African prince about money we've inherited.

To answer your questions, None. It's a limited production gun. 2000 Black,1k Tan & 1 OD green.

Individual ownership of LEO'S for work notwithstanding.

karamojo
06-11-14, 08:43
Ladies and Gentlemen, I dearly apologize. Perhaps I should have made myself clearer when I posted this question. My question was meant seriously and without any other motivation than to help my fellow shooters getting a gun ownership for certain handgun models like the HK45 Tactical. In Germany, where I live, all legal ownership of guns is "caused based", for a lack of other words. That means, in order to have firearms you either got to be a licensed hunter or be a member of a shooting club as well as a government-recognized sport shooting association. Self-defense hardly ever is a reason for owning a firearm, neither for carry, nor for home defense.

One big German shooting sports association has put up what it is called a "Dienstpistolenliste" (= approved duty pistol list) where applications for pistol licenses by their members are based on. All guns on this list must have been adopted/issued/carried at one time by either a LEO agency (sheriff's departments, Customs authorities, Border Patrols et cetera also qualify) or a military branch or specific unit.

Their list was updated in May, but still appears to be incomplete, especially on HK45-series of handguns as well as some others.

In the meantime, I got valuable advice on who carries HK45, HK45C, HK45CT which I could forward to the officials of the shooting sports association now, so that they can include the missing models on the list. Till now, I have no information on any user of HK45 Tactical. I know that this is asked a bit much, but I "just" need the department or units name and that is good to go. The past tense applies. That means if a gun WAS issued once by a LEO agency and/or military unit it's also alright for inclusion on the list, even if that was decades ago. If there are no LEO agencies and/or military units who use or have used the HK45 Tactical, I will omit the HK45 Tactical and just forward the information I got on the HK45 (full size), HK45C and HK45CT. There is no evil and/or stupid intention behind me posting question.

I know for a fact that the HK45, HK45C, HK45 Tactical and HK45CT models are sold commercially by Heckler & Koch in Oberndorf through their distributors over here. I've seen them myself for commercial sale in a warehouse recently. I have no information that these were limited production runs only.

Thanks.

Wolvee
06-11-14, 09:51
The 45Tacticals are so far, limited to 3k units. Maybe one of the others can give you a specific example of a team buying 8 or 10 of them but I imagine it would be hard to find that information.

How many guns need to used by a Mil/LEo group to constitute making your Governments ridiculous list?

karamojo
06-11-14, 10:08
The list was setup by a particular shooting sports organization to give its members the opportunity to have a "cause" (= shooting sports discipline) to legally own this or that gun on that list. That's part of their shooting sports program that's accepted by the government as a basis for the members to lawfully use and own firearms. We're fully aware of the fact that this is all sounds ridiculous and/or silly, but that's how things go over here. Things like that are setup for a long time and (unfortunately) cannot be changed quickly (or at all, unless there's a big scale revolt...).

If there is only one (1) such HK45 Tactical "officially" procured and/or used by any one LEO agency or military unit then that's quite enough for that specific variant to be added to the list. Information just has to be truthful and verifyable. I don't know for sure, but if ten deputies of a specific sheriffs office would make a group buy of ten HK45 Tactical pistols on their own initiative and carry them on duty as approved "personally owned weapons" but without that model being officially adopted by that S.O., then it's probably not justified to be put onto the list. No, those are not my rules, and yes, that sound absolutely stupid as well...

Tzook
06-13-14, 15:34
Around where I live, agencies tend to use the same pistols no matter what an individual officer's assignment is. This includes my agency, and others that I've had contact with. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to have a bunch of different guns in different calibers out there. Some guys will carry a G19 if they work in CID or something, if that agency generally uses G17s, but other than that it's pretty uniform.