PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Shield CLP 10 Month Review

45r
06-05-08, 11:15
Well its been about 10 months since I first took advantage of George Fennel's generous offer for a 1 oz bottle of free CLP. I liked the stuff so much that this was my 2nd order of CLP :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/forty5r/Shoots/before.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/forty5r/Shoots/after.jpg

Before Weapon Shield, I have used Hoppes 9, Break Free CLP, Remington Dry Lube, Jardine's Lube and a countless other gun products.

In the last 10 months I've used WS CLP on Sigs, HKs, Glocks, S&Ws, Springfields, Remingtons, Benellis and Colts. WS CLP is by far one of theeee best CLP/ all in one products that I've used. The little 1 oz. bottle stays in my range bag and it takes less than 5 minutes to clean just any gun. Slide and frame gets wiped down with patches, barrel gets wiped down and I run a bore snake through the barrel. Comes out clean as a whistle. I've noticed that since I've started using WS I spend less time cleaning my gear and more time shooting. For what its worth to you guys this product is a keeper! I'll report back in a few months when I get a chance to use WS CLP on a M4 build.

Jay Cunningham
06-05-08, 14:39
I don't have tremendous experience with the product but so far so good for me.

Mantis
06-05-08, 16:23
Thanks for the info. George's FP-10 was my favorite. I got a sample of Weapons Shield from him when I learned of it. I like how it stays in place and it seems that there's less to cleanup after a shooting session.

G34Shooter
06-06-08, 10:17
I've tried just about every lube out there and love this stuff...

ST911
06-06-08, 21:03
WS-CLP is definitely on the "acceptable" list.

RadioActivity
06-07-08, 06:00
George Fennell is one upstanding fella, let me tell you

He sent me and my unit weapon shield out of his company's pocket, its what I trust state side on my personal carry and home defense weapons and its what I trust here in this talcum powder crud.

Thanks again George

- Eli

HK45
06-09-08, 09:49
How do you apply this? I have not seen spray bottles for sale which would seem to be the easiest way.

Business_Casual
06-09-08, 10:44
Both pictures show a spray bottle.

M_P

HK45
06-09-08, 16:52
I know but I have not seen spray bottles for sale anywhere.

Redhat
06-09-08, 17:38
I also like FP10....but how is this new lube better?

Thanks

Heavy Metal
06-09-08, 20:58
George says it is several generation improvement over FP-10.

G34Shooter
06-09-08, 20:59
George says it is several generation improvement over FP-10.

And that the newer FP-10 is not as good as the old...

recon
06-12-08, 17:05
FP-10 is all I use. Has anyone done a comparison between the two? Old versus new?

toddackerman
06-12-08, 22:45
FP-10 is all I use. Has anyone done a comparison between the two? Old versus new?

FP10 is a little thinner( like all previous CLP's) , and a little more "Runny". Weapon Shield stays put longer where you apply it.

Blankwaffe
06-29-08, 01:05
The most recent bottles of FP-10 I have seems to have an even lighter viscosity to it than the FP-10 from 2001-2004(when George Fennell was at MPC doing the formulation).I do know that the new FP-10 evaporates off rather fast in storage,probably as a result.
The pre 2001 FP-10(original formula) had a higher viscosity and had to be agitated before use as some of the additives would seperate.I really liked the old stuff.
The reason the FP-10 was changed in 2001 was to allow it to work at extreme cold temps,which is why it was refered to as the "mil-spec" formula.
The new Weapon Shield has the same operating range per the spec sheet,but seems to have a higher viscosity similar to the old FP-10 IMHO.
From what Im told the new Weapon Shield received an updated inhibitor package and also went full synthetic.(FP-10 is a synthetic blend)I believe George said the EP package was also more modern than what he used previously with the FP-10.He basically said it was a complete and modern reformulation from what he had used in the past.
Now I used the FP-10 from about 2000 on to early 2007 and was pretty happy.As soon as I tried the Weapon Shield I made the switch.To me the Weapon Shield is slicker and stays on the metal much longer in use or storage.From what Ive seen its also a much better protectant and cleaner.
IMHO its about the best CLP on the market overall.Its the only one I will use anyway...for what thats worth.
HTH