PDA

View Full Version : Blackwater rifle

sportyr1200
06-05-08, 16:32
Has anyone seen the new article on the Blackwater made to order AR? Anyone shot it?

karmapolice
06-05-08, 18:04
If it’s the one I think it is, we got one today in used at the shop I work at. It seems to just basically be a regular bushmaster with the blackwater logo etched into it. I didn’t have a chance to break it open and check out if it was properly staked and if the barrel was 1/7 or anything.

AnimalMother556
06-05-08, 18:21
Just read an article in the latest issue of Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement magazine and it is basically just a rebadged Bushmaster built to Blackwater armorer specs. Unfortunately such magazines make no mention of proper parts, materials or build quality, just their experience firing a couple of rounds at their local range. For what their asking for them just purchase a Colt, LMT, Noveske or build something out of high quality parts.

karmapolice
06-05-08, 19:05
I will take a look at the one we got in tomorrow and if I remember take pics of it. The guy added a surefire rail and a swivel end plate but other than that it was left alone. I will see the twist and see if the bolt and stuff is mpi tested and see if the carrier key is properly staked.

Col_Crocs
06-05-08, 19:16
I really thought this was just a myth.:D Any photos? Where is the BW logo etched?

Cold Zero
06-05-08, 19:37
I really thought this was just a myth.:D Any photos? Where is the BW logo etched?

No myth. On the side of the mag well.

Col_Crocs
06-05-08, 23:34
Photos anyone? :D

Iraqgunz
06-06-08, 02:25
I know the armory supervisor at BW. I believe that he told me these are basically Bushamsters that have the BW logo on them. As far as I know they are all BM parts, and then you can add whatever rails, sights, options, etc....to them. I will send him an email and see if I can get a more detailed answer to some of the questions. I'll post when I know more.

karmapolice
06-09-08, 21:46
Hey due to forgetfulness I forgot about this thread. I did look at the rifle minus striping the bolt to see if it had the black insert and o ring and to see if it was mpi marked I took a look at the gun. Barrel is just a standard 1/9 bushmaster barrel, carrier key was decently staked on one side the other was barely there. So basically it is a bushmaster with a pretty logo on the side lol. I took pics but they where with my crackberry and with poor light I couldn’t see crap when I uploaded them.

Iraqgunz
06-27-08, 07:51
A little update. I spoke to someone on the inside and this is what he told me. The upper and lowers are not Bushmaster, they are being made for them by a vendor (no he did not tell me who) and then assembled. You can order one and then specifiy what options you want. I specifically asked if it would be possible to buy just a lower and he said no. You would have to buy the bare bones version for approx 1K if you wanted the BW lower. I am sure that if you guys want more info you can call the BW operator and speak with someone at the armory.

I may buy one just to have the lower and then sell the upper off.

Dave L.
06-27-08, 08:13
I know the armory supervisor at BW. I believe that he told me these are basically Bushamsters that have the BW logo on them. As far as I know they are all BM parts, and then you can add whatever rails, sights, options, etc....to them. I will send him an email and see if I can get a more detailed answer to some of the questions. I'll post when I know more.

This is correct- I wouldn't buy a bushmaster so I definitely wouldn't buy a BM just because it has a BW logo on it.

Cold Zero
06-27-08, 08:17
Iraqgunz may well be correct with what B.W. is now offering. They will not and have not sold the lowers separately.

However, when those were first introduced, they were in fact B.M. lowers and uppers, that could be modified any way that the consumer's preference and budget called for.

Iraqgunz
06-27-08, 09:12
I just want to clarify that he told me they are not Bushamster uppers and lowers, but rather a vendor is making them. The lower will read BW-15 Multi-caliber on it with the BW logo.

This is correct- I wouldn't buy a bushmaster so I definitely wouldn't buy a BM just because it has a BW logo on it.