PDA

View Full Version : Tavor shooters with Gen 2 Pmags..check again

Ron3
06-16-14, 12:40
When my Tavor was new it would not drop Gen 2 Pmags free. But Gen 3's and aluminum mags did.

So I just used Gen 3 pmags.

While checking on the Gen 3 pmags don't-want-to-seat-on-closed-bolt issue I learned that now the gen 2 Pmags DO drop free.

But now, it turns out I'm a dumbass. I retested this later and no, Gen 2 Pmags do NOT drop free. The first time I did the testing I refer to above, I had the damn bolt closed. :o Oops.

As far as the Gen 3 pmags don't-want-to-seat-on-closed-bolt issue it is a training issue with my Tavor. (probably Ar's, too) Except for at least one aluminum 30 rnd magazine I had all of the others would not seat if I forcefully slammed the mag home.

Pmag gen 3 20 and 30's, pmag gen 2 30's, pmag gen 3 40's, alluminum 20's (with 18 rounds) and some alluminum 30's (with 28 rounds) would NOT seat if I slammed the loaded mag forcefully. So the lesson there is what we already kind of knew: Don't slam mags in your rifle, just push them in firmly. (then give'm a tug)

Now if there is adrenalin going because your against a clock or a bad guy will you slam in a magazine? (and try to over and over with negative results?) Yea, you might. If you do you must realize what your doing and just push it in firmly. Then give it the usual pull to make sure it's in.

It seems there is not a gear-based fix (and we hate that amiright?) to this issue. (unless you switch to a rifle that doesn't use AR mags)

Boogie Nights fans recognize..."this is Roller Girl don't just ram it in there like that..."

Moderator if you want to delete this thread go for it.