PDA

View Full Version : M10 Opinions

interscope8
06-17-14, 01:20
Hey Everyone!

I'm in a financial position to buy my first semi-automatic rifle. I've been around guns since I was very young, and own a few hunting rifles, shotguns, and a handgun. So I'm not new to the firearms scene. I decided against getting an AR because ammo is way to hard to find in my area and 7.62 is plentiful. That and I've always really liked the AK platform, with the exception of lots of them being put together as kits and sold or hard to find good condition ones for lower pricing (this is big because Im a college student). So I stumbled onto the M+M M10, and I have my heart kind of set on it right now. I've seen lots of positive reviews on it but wanted your guys' opinion too.

Thanks in Advance!

SteyrAUG
06-17-14, 03:40
US made barrel is a non starter for me.

Add a receiver not originally intended to accept a high capacity magazine and that's it for me.

I'd rather spend the difference and get a SLR series.

MountainRaven
06-17-14, 09:04
US made barrel is a non starter for me.

Add a receiver not originally intended to accept a high capacity magazine and that's it for me.

I'd rather spend the difference and get a SLR series.

I thought the M10s were imported as complete rifles and de-neutered by M&M.

Trifecta
06-17-14, 10:03
Basically a WASR with better quality control, non US made chrome lined hammer forged barrel and Draco gas block/front sight combo. They also have scope mounts on the side, crappy UTG quad rails and muzzle brakes that sound like tuning forks. All of the annoying things like the muzzle brake and the UTG quad rail are easily remedied and it will perform just like any other AK but have a little bit shorter sight radius.

I would rock one, but I have a few other AK's to play with as well.

SteyrAUG
06-17-14, 14:23
I thought the M10s were imported as complete rifles and de-neutered by M&M.

That is not what I'm seeing advertised. No magazine dimples in the receiver and the barrel is advertised as US made chrome lined. Looks like a polished WASR, I'd rather spend the difference for a Bulgarian or just track down a Romanian SAR 1.

Grizzly16
06-17-14, 14:37
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/10/joe-grine/gun-review-mm-m10-762-rifle/ The M10-762 features a new, Romanian-made, cold-hammer forged, chrome-lined 16.25″ barrel.
http://mm-industries.com/m10-specs/ Barrel: NEW Chrome-Lined, 16.25” long, 1:10 twist rate with four lands and grooves, right hand twist

Looks like the barrel is not US made.

SteyrAUG
06-17-14, 19:17
Looks like my google search pulled up a similar rifle with a US barrel. Sorry for the confusion, it looks like the M10 does have a factory barrel.

Ron3
06-17-14, 20:48
I had one. Worked great, sights canted a little IIRC but I used the side mount and put a 1-3x scope on it anyway.

Accuracy was standard AK.

It ran perfectly and was surprisingly light and easy to handle for a 7.62x39 AK. I sold it because I got into to AR's.

IMO it's a good AK to have. Ditch the long tuning fork muzzle device if it comes with that.

m4brian
06-19-14, 12:19
I'm not a fan of the decreased site radius. Also if you really like the rail system on it that's fine if not it's something you are paying for that you might not want. Might want to look at a W ASR at Atlantic firearms as they are likely very good and a bit cheaper basically the same platform. Another good option is a used SAR – 1.