PDA

View Full Version : My First Build...

Bloodbathdisplay
09-15-06, 21:33
So here is my first build, I built it about 1.5 months ago and finally posted pics today:

http://myspace-758.vo.llnwd.net/01173/85/79/1173159758_m.jpg
http://myspace-775.vo.llnwd.net/01173/57/73/1173203775_m.jpg
http://myspace-723.vo.llnwd.net/01173/32/72/1173212723_m.jpg
CMT Upper/Charging Handle
Sabre Defense Massad Ayoob Barrel(16" Fluted SS Mid)
Troy Lo-pro Gas block
Vortex FH
Troy 13.5 MRF-RX Rifle Extended Length Forearm
LMT BCG
Troy BUIS Set FDE
Magpul CTR Stock FDE
Tango Down VG FDE
Magpul Rail Covers FDE
Magpul MIAD FDE
Daniel Defense Ambi 1pt. Sling plate
LMT 2-Stage trigger
KNS .1555 Anti-rotational pins
RRA LPK
Tactical Customs Lower...Right outta my home town(CC NV)

Boom
09-15-06, 22:03
That is a sharp looking gun. I bet it feels nice building your own weapon?

Bloodbathdisplay
09-15-06, 22:23
That is a sharp looking gun. I bet it feels nice building your own weapon?

Thank you. To be quite honest, I expected the whole build thing to be a lot more involved, don't get me wrong...it was enjoyable but I thought there would be a lot more to it. I used to build bicycle wheels from scratch, so this wasn't too bad. I forsee myself doing a few more and then I will try the whole receiver building thing.

fivepointoh
10-04-06, 09:42
i like it....how do ya like that CTR?

magpul told me they're gonna release an OD and foliage one so as soon as they do i'll have on in OD.

great lookin stick!

Bloodbathdisplay
10-06-06, 00:02
i like it....how do ya like that CTR?

magpul told me they're gonna release an OD and foliage one so as soon as they do i'll have on in OD.

great lookin stick!

The CTR is pretty nice, nothing insanely special about it. The locking mechanism is pretty sweet...no rattle what so ever after it is engaged. I would suggest you wait until the UBR(f'ing sweet) comes out in a few months, I am hoping to get my hands on one asap. Also the CTR is relatively expensive by the time you end up getting the stock, tube, buffer/spring you're looking at over $150, but then again a BMW will take you the same places as a KIA...it just depends on if you want to ride in style.

Robb Jensen
10-06-06, 04:25
Nice rifle.

fivepointoh
10-06-06, 09:15
The CTR is pretty nice, nothing insanely special about it. The locking mechanism is pretty sweet...no rattle what so ever after it is engaged. I would suggest you wait until the UBR(f'ing sweet) comes out in a few months, I am hoping to get my hands on one asap. Also the CTR is relatively expensive by the time you end up getting the stock, tube, buffer/spring you're looking at over $150, but then again a BMW will take you the same places as a KIA...it just depends on if you want to ride in style.

ya i'm definately gonna wait awhile for the UBR and hear the reviews on it...also i've got a vltor and it works just fine and i'm working on a new build so money is kinda tight. eventually i'll probably try one out but by the time i get around to it a new stock will probably be ready to be released lol

mvician
10-07-06, 11:39
I just leaving seeing newborns :D

Mike

45-Bravo
10-09-06, 19:20
Very nice!

boomstick
10-10-06, 22:49
Nice job! Love that CTR stock.