PDA

View Full Version : Broke BAD-EPS pivot pin quickly resolved

grnamin
06-17-14, 13:21
After some range time last Saturday, I packed my AR-15 into its Larue covert case. I accidentally dropped the case from the top of my backpack as I was loading other gear into the trunk of my car. I opened my AR case to check on my rifle and everything seemed in order. This morning, I took my AR out of the case, lower first. I was about to connect the lower to the upper when I noticed that the pivot pin was missing. I looked inside the case and found the pin broken:
http://naminfamily.smugmug.com/photos/i-Kv7rcfs/0/XL/i-Kv7rcfs-XL.jpg
I forgot to re-seat both BAD-EPS pins before putting the rifle back into the case. The drop must have caused the pin to break. There was no damage to the pivot pin holes on the lower receiver.

I PM'ed Duffy(Roger) here and quickly got a response. He asked me to send him my snail mail address and he would send me a replacement. Superb customer service if you ask me.

ALCOAR
06-17-14, 13:28
Amazing....and that is very first BAD Inc. product I've ever seen go tits up.

A few selectors had spec problems, but never anything broken.

Great thing is that Duffy, and BAD are beyond first class gents, and they'll make you square and then some.

Duffy
06-17-14, 15:14
Thank you guys :) The section that snapped is the weakest point of the pin, as there is a hole through it (for the pin's removal from the lower receiver). It took the fall and did not damage the receiver in the process, so I'd say it's a good day for everyone :D