PDA

View Full Version : New us made ammo at AIM.

SoDak
06-06-08, 17:49
I just was on AIM surplus's website and I found this.
http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/US_.223_55grn_FMJ.html
Looks like a tempting price, but I have never seen ammo like this.
Does anybody have any idea of who could be making this and for that price?

Seth Harness
06-06-08, 17:56
Looks like a tempting price, but I have never seen ammo like this.
Has anybody have any idea of who could be making this and for that price?

Ditto.

flanntastic
06-06-08, 20:45
here are the reviews
http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=217&t=158383

SoDak
06-06-08, 20:56
I thought that maybe that ammo in the review was different since it had winchester headstamps while this new stuff has M193 and 08 as the headstamp. I guess the headstamp is what is confusing me.

Seth Harness
06-06-08, 21:41
here are the reviews
http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=217&t=158383

Thanks for the link. I'll probably buy some, the price is pretty good.

markm
06-07-08, 10:16
Comes out to $6.79 per box without shipping.

That's not too bad.

Seth Harness
06-13-08, 19:54
I just put my order in today for a case. They said they were out right at this moment but they would be getting more in shortly.

flanntastic
06-13-08, 20:09
should ship Thursday

229DAK
06-15-08, 10:48
Picked up a case last week; haven't tried it yet. Looks very clean.

Seth Harness
06-18-08, 17:37
should ship Thursday

I came home from work to see a 27lb. box of ammo sitting on the floor next to my wifes feet, standing over the box with a "WTF" kind of look on her face. I have to take her out to dinner tonight, because if theres enough money for ammo, then theres enough to go out to eat. :D

BTW- Its tuesday, two days early and it looks good I cant wait to shoot it.

Thanks man,
Seth H.

rmecapn
06-19-08, 15:10
They must be sold out already. That link is dead.

flanntastic
06-19-08, 20:10
i got more today, but you need to call

Seth Harness
07-20-08, 18:54
Shot a hundred rounds of this today, no failures and seems pretty accurate. Im going to need another case soon, I like this stuff!

BTW- how are quantities lookin???

flanntastic
07-20-08, 20:06
more in a week

eightmillimeter
07-23-08, 18:06
I came home from work to see a 27lb. box of ammo sitting on the floor next to my wifes feet, standing over the box with a "WTF" kind of look on her face. I have to take her out to dinner tonight, because if theres enough money for ammo, then theres enough to go out to eat. :D

No wife here, no funny looks either. But the UPS guy gives me dirty looks a lot.

Seth Harness
11-08-08, 07:41
Shot a hundred rounds of this today, no failures and seems pretty accurate. Im going to need another case soon, I like this stuff!

BTW- how are quantities lookin???

Whats the deal?
I called "AIM" last friday to order another 2K and to see if there was a discount for doing so, guy told me to hold while he went back to his desk. About ten minutes later an answering service came on and told me to leave a message, I did and got no call back. Throughout the day, I called probably 3 or 4 dozen times and all day long the line was busy. Man I hope I wasent getting "the big F-U", cuz I really like this stuff.
Thanks,
Seth H.

markm
11-08-08, 08:07
They're probably being overrun like any other dealer of anything gun related.

Dave L.
11-08-08, 08:20
Whats the deal?
I called "AIM" last friday to order another 2K and to see if there was a discount for doing so, guy told me to hold while he went back to his desk. About ten minutes later an answering service came on and told me to leave a message, I did and got no call back. Throughout the day, I called probably 3 or 4 dozen times and all day long the line was busy. Man I hope I wasent getting "the big F-U", cuz I really like this stuff.
Thanks,
Seth H.

Lots of companies are not taking calls, like MSTN, I would try to email- or just order.
Everyone is up to their A-holes in orders.