PDA

View Full Version : larry vickers promoted tactical textures and triggers on facebook

trinydex
06-24-14, 17:01
http://www.tacticaltexture.com/

anyone have experience with this company? the work looks very clean and crisp. I'm sure they will be inundated in short order (no pun intended).

hossb7
06-24-14, 17:26
Yes, it's user Dakota Glock Guy:

http://i.imgur.com/Yq44xHM.jpg

Wheelhouse
06-25-14, 06:33
I have several textured pistols, but that really looks like it came from the factory. Very nice looking work!

tb-av
06-25-14, 09:32
That does look like art. Very nice. All the examples in the video as well.

Magsz
06-25-14, 12:39
Its impossible to say from just looking at it but the texture "looks" worthless.

The work itself appears stellar, very clean.

warpedcamshaft
06-25-14, 12:47
http://www.tacticaltexture.com/

anyone have experience with this company? the work looks very clean and crisp. I'm sure they will be inundated in short order (no pun intended).

I've had a grip chop done by tt&t and have handled and shot several glocks with his triggers/texturing. I was very impressed with the texture, some of the best Ive seen. It is actually quite grippy and doesn't fill up with crap like some deep "dot" patterns do.

Magsz
06-25-14, 13:46
I've had a grip chop done by tt&t and have handled and shot several glocks with his triggers/texturing. I was very impressed with the texture, some of the best Ive seen. It is actually quite grippy and doesn't fill up with crap like some deep "dot" patterns do.

All textured patterns will eventually fill up. One could argue that a larger texture requires more grit and crud in order for it to fill up and become useless.

Dead skin cells themselves are enough to render most "stippling" useless in short order. The deeper patterns offered by the likes of Bowie and Bens new Texture hold up much better to grit and crud than simple patterns like one shown above but my opinion may change if i ever handle one of his pistols. Granted, unless im missing something there is absolutely nothing revolutionary about what TTT is offering.

trinydex
06-26-14, 17:22
All textured patterns will eventually fill up. One could argue that a larger texture requires more grit and crud in order for it to fill up and become useless.

Dead skin cells themselves are enough to render most "stippling" useless in short order. The deeper patterns offered by the likes of Bowie and Bens new Texture hold up much better to grit and crud than simple patterns like one shown above but my opinion may change if i ever handle one of his pistols. Granted, unless im missing something there is absolutely nothing revolutionary about what TTT is offering.

on that note, even the factory texture fills up with skin and human grime. sometimes toothbrushing that stuff out is more work than it should be.

okie john
06-26-14, 17:35
on that note, even the factory texture fills up with skin and human grime. sometimes toothbrushing that stuff out is more work than it should be.

Yep.

Every six months or so, I detail strip the frame on my EDC, then scrub the hell out of it with a nail brush, dish soap, and lots of very hot water.

Okie John

bighawk
06-26-14, 22:45
Its impossible to say from just looking at it but the texture "looks" worthless.

The work itself appears stellar, very clean.

It is very clean and the texture is actually quite nice. Not too rough to carry but much more grip then the factory texture

bighawk
06-26-14, 23:01
I had a great experience about two months ago. Super fast turnaround time, great work, very quick to respond to emails and fairy priced. Not to mention he did a killer trigger job for me. I'll be sending another glock out to him shortly. Excuse the pic quality as they're from my iPhone. Removed finger grooves, mag release scallop, undercut and polish the trigger guard, textured trigger guard and forward frame flats and a carry trigger job. He was very nice and I couldn't recommend doing business with him enough.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/27/jy3y6yny.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/27/tunydesu.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/27/u5uvaqu5.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/27/nu3u8u2u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teolax
03-12-15, 19:32
I was thinking of sending my Glock 17 off to TT&T as their work looks great, but I just have an issue paying more for stippling than I paid for the gun! Does anyone have any other companies they'd recommend?

LoveAR
03-12-15, 19:39
It is very clean and the texture is actually quite nice. Not too rough to carry but much more grip then the factory texture

Very nice texture.

bighawk
03-12-15, 19:41
I've been using it close to a year now with about 5000 rounds through it.. The texture is different but it works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

samuse
03-12-15, 22:17
That is the best stippling I've ever seen.

Doesn't look like it would get as full of dead skin as most.

I remember a few years ago when everyone was doing that big round stippling. Whew. That stuff got NASTY. I would not even handle those pistols, it was gross. It seems like everyone who saw me with Glock in my holster would pull theirs out and say 'Try this, it's awesome!" Pistol would be caked up with that powder, sweat, and dirt. Ugh.

Guns-up.50
03-12-15, 22:35
Looks nice, but for a gun thats going to be beat on a ground out by my wedding ring, not to mention concealed. Looks are far down the list of wants on a gun i plan on using. The best stippling pattern for me is tree bark great grip long lasting

Magsz
03-13-15, 10:48
That is the best stippling I've ever seen.

Doesn't look like it would get as full of dead skin as most.

I remember a few years ago when everyone was doing that big round stippling. Whew. That stuff got NASTY. I would not even handle those pistols, it was gross. It seems like everyone who saw me with Glock in my holster would pull theirs out and say 'Try this, it's awesome!" Pistol would be caked up with that powder, sweat, and dirt. Ugh.

Uh...

Every gun i own is caked with powder, sweat, dirt, dead skin cells or other assorted crap whether it is stippled or not. Unless the surface area is completely flat, it will get covered in dirt. This stippling is not magical teflon...

Idiots that use dirty guns as badges of honor should suffer many light strikes...(of the ammo related kind).

Clean your shit if you dont want it to have dead skin cells and dirt on it...

Guns-up.50
03-13-15, 11:43
Uh...

Every gun i own is caked with powder, sweat, dirt, dead skin cells or other assorted crap whether it is stippled or not. Unless the surface area is completely flat, it will get covered in dirt. This stippling is not magical teflon...

Idiots that use dirty guns a badges of honor should suffer many light strikes...(of the ammo related kind).

Clean your shit if you dont want it to have dead skin cells and dirt on it...

I agree functionality over looks besides dirty doesn't show wear, wears, show wear.

opmike
03-13-15, 13:46
Shallow grip texturing filled with dead skin cells will get you killed in the streets.

I have nothing of value to add (since I don't actually have a gun done up by him) other than the say it's among the best "looking" grip modification I've seen. Looks factory.

munch520
03-13-15, 13:58
Great guy to work with, super fast turnaround, and the best stippling work I've ever come across (I've owned guns done by the other big names). I especially like the direction of the pattern on the backstrap and frontstrap, which I can only assume in intentional. Easy to get my hand on the gun and yet the pattern keeps the gun firmly planted laterally. Drawing and shooting never become painful or an irritation...but when you need the extra bite that stippling offers, this definitely does the job.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8591/16714351372_29878bd7d7_b.jpg
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8659/16505863740_d92c8cdd5f_b.jpg

plouffedaddy
03-13-15, 16:54
Great guy to work with, super fast turnaround, and the best stippling work I've ever come across (I've owned guns done by the other big names). I especially like the direction of the pattern on the backstrap and frontstrap, which I can only assume in intentional. Easy to get my hand on the gun and yet the pattern keeps the gun firmly planted laterally. Drawing and shooting never become painful or an irritation...but when you need the extra bite that stippling offers, this definitely does the job.

Here's my review of their work FWIW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwx1lQgGqrs

Sroyboyk
03-13-15, 18:19
Looks great but his prices have almost doubled from where they were a few months ago. Supply and demand I guess.

Teolax
03-13-15, 19:35
Looks great but his prices have almost doubled from where they were a few months ago. Supply and demand I guess.

+1. I was always meaning to send him a gun as I thought the old pricing was fair. Finally got a gen 3 Glock 17 I wanted to send him and when I checked his site I was shocked how much the pricing was up!

StevieJ309
03-13-15, 22:00
+1. I was always meaning to send him a gun as I thought the old pricing was fair. Finally got a gen 3 Glock 17 I wanted to send him and when I checked his site I was shocked how much the pricing was up!

Glad I wasn't imagining that. He does great work, but at that price it's too much for me.

munch520
03-14-15, 11:29
Yeah it's not for everyone. I like having personalized Glocks. Tuned to what I like, and I can still buy mags for $18, find a holster whenever I need it, and all the other perks of having a super common handgun. If stock Glock works for you that's awesome!

Recently at the range a guy scoffed at how much was put into the Glock I posted earlier (~$1450). And yet he had a factory HK 45 and Springfield TRP in his range bag. Guys won't bat an eye spending $1k+ on a gun then $45 apiece on mags but then scoff at Glock or M&P with $750 in it (gun + grip work) or one like mine. Different things work for different people I suppose.

bear13
03-19-15, 22:38
Yeah it's not for everyone. I like having personalized Glocks. Tuned to what I like, and I can still buy mags for $18, find a holster whenever I need it, and all the other perks of having a super common handgun. If stock Glock works for you that's awesome!

Recently at the range a guy scoffed at how much was put into the Glock I posted earlier (~$1450). And yet he had a factory HK 45 and Springfield TRP in his range bag. Guys won't bat an eye spending $1k+ on a gun then $45 apiece on mags but then scoff at Glock or M&P with $750 in it (gun + grip work) or one like mine. Different things work for different people I suppose.

It is the same thing with cars/trucks/bikes etc. some times people like to hot rod things, personalize things or simply make them setup to what is comfortable. Who frikin cares if you spend 500 on stippling? It's your cash spend how you may. We carry these pistols to protect our lives so as far as I am concerned my life is worth a hell of a lot more. Thank god we still live in a free country. Well the ones that live in a free state...ugh. But point is we have the option to make our own decisions. And given the choices lately that is a dang good thing