PDA

View Full Version : Spuhr

YVK
06-24-14, 18:25
Came across them researching my options for a 3G AR scope mount. Can somebody explain to me why these non-QD mounts are some 200 bucks over QD mounts from LaRue/Bobro/ADM? The level feature is nice, but can't account for that much.
Are they materially better in some way, or is it a fee-for-image thing?

Slippers
06-24-14, 21:20
Amazingly well made, while also being light. The one piece mounts also include a wedge leveler (which you mentioned), which is a nice touch. The rings have grooves cut into them for use with rosin for heavy recoil weapons, and they're available in 30, 34, 35, and 36mm sizing. Also, the design of his mounts allows you to attach all kinds of other things directly to the rings with the use of adapters, like offset sights.

Hakan makes some really nice stuff.

vectorsc
06-27-14, 18:08
1. Lots of cant available.
2. Mount extra shit on the mount.
3. Epic victory quality.
4. Built in level and scope leveler.

All that being said, I only run them where I have good reason to (sako, sig ssg). Otherwise bobro gets my geld.

M4Guru
06-27-14, 19:34
Spuhr mounts are machined works of art. Nobody else makes mounts to that degree of perfection.

I don't need them for everything...but for precision, they cannot be beat. When I chuck a $6K scope on a $9k rifle, I never give a seconds thought to a $400 mount...

YVK
06-28-14, 22:54
Thanks. Seems like a kick ass mount but perhaps more than I need for this particular application. That, and I decided to experiment with an extra height mount. I'll keep Spuhr in mind for a true high end precision build.