PDA

View Full Version : DSG Bolt Carrier Groups

mildot
06-26-14, 09:10
So I've read some good stuff with respect to the Rainier product, just wondering about the DSG product? Any owner's or operators out there care to comment? Thanks.

GH41
06-26-14, 14:43
I'll get the popcorn.

justin_247
06-26-14, 15:57
Just as an FYI, you can get a mil-spec carrier from Sionics for the same price as the less spec'd DSG carrier...
http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/store/product.php?id_product=74

sugerwater
06-27-14, 09:04
Complete carrier w/ staked key, w/ complete bolt, C158 or 9310, w/ cam pin cost $80.00 to produce. One company makes bcg's for all the big names as well as small shops. This includes FN, Rainer, and Windham to name a few. The only difference is the coating , marking, and laser engraving. The market is soft now including manufacturing. The worked 24/7 for over two years to keep up with demand. now the work schedule is cut back. This company makes the same quality bcg's for everyone. Only difference is finish sizes to compensate for coatings. A lot of secrets in this business in regards' to bcg's. Spend your money wisely.

justin_247
06-27-14, 09:33
One company makes bcg's for all the big names as well as small shops. This includes FN, Rainer, and Windham to name a few.

Nope. This is not even close to being right. Here's a list off the top of my head of folks who manufacture BCGs:

Smith Enterprises
Advanced Ordnance
Colt
FN
Rock Island
National Aerospace
Thompson Center
JC Manufacturing
Dadson's Machining

And that's not even touching all the proprietary BCGs used by companies like LWRC, Adams Arms, PWS, JP Enterprises, etc.

223to45
06-27-14, 11:13
Complete carrier w/ staked key, w/ complete bolt, C158 or 9310, w/ cam pin cost $80.00 to produce. One company makes bcg's for all the big names as well as small shops. This includes FN, Rainer, and Windham to name a few. The only difference is the coating , marking, and laser engraving. The market is soft now including manufacturing. The worked 24/7 for over two years to keep up with demand. now the work schedule is cut back. This company makes the same quality bcg's for everyone. Only difference is finish sizes to compensate for coatings. A lot of secrets in this business in regards' to bcg's. Spend your money wisely.

OK then, what is this ONE company???

markm
06-27-14, 12:39
OK then, what is this ONE company???

OLYMPIC ARMS! Everyone knows they make all AR parts for everyone.

Seriously though.... I think people will get wind of A COMPANY that has made something for "everyone" and assume that COMPANY is the ONLY one making that something for everyone.

Obscenejesster
06-27-14, 14:03

Stop spreading BS and act like you know what you're talking about. You are not even close to being right.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Berserkr556
06-27-14, 15:31

Oh you're from TOS, it shows. You're wrong as stated by others in this thread. To add insult to injury here is a couple pics from Colt as they make their own Bolt Carrier and Bolt.

Colt Bolt Carrier
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s140/Saxon777/6_zps62dae344.jpg

Bolts waiting for the next machining step at Colt.
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s140/Saxon777/10_zps24826982.jpg

Toecheese
06-27-14, 19:09
Glad I checked in, ton's of useful info in here.......:blink:

ffhounddog
06-27-14, 21:17
Pretty.

Oh you're from TOS, it shows. You're wrong as stated by others in this thread. To add insult to injury here is a couple pics from Colt as they make their own Bolt Carrier and Bolt.

Colt Bolt Carrier
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s140/Saxon777/6_zps62dae344.jpg

Bolts waiting for the next machining step at Colt.
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s140/Saxon777/10_zps24826982.jpg

Straight Shooter
06-27-14, 22:31
Im SO GLAD to see sugarwater's BULLSHIT called out. You try to spread that shit and it don't ****in fly. Thanks for the info, I personally learned from it & appreciate it!!