PDA

View Full Version : Seeking P30 Lore

okie john
06-26-14, 17:44
As I go through the T&E on a P30LS I picked up a few months ago, it's really starting to grow on me. After several years with various Glock pistols, I like that aside from adding tritium sights, the P30 seems to need no further mods or upgrades. At the moment, I'm pretty deep into Glocks in terms of spare parts, holsters, etc., but I'm liking the P30 enough that I'm seriously considering switching to it as an EDC. This is no small matter, as I'll need to get holsters, a boatload of spare mags, and possibly a sight press.

What are the odd, unexpected TTP's that I need to know about the P30? For those of you who have used it for a while, what holsters and sights do you prefer?

Thanks in advance,

Okie John

JBecker 72
06-26-14, 17:52
I have a RCS Phantom and 10-8 sights with the tritium front. Fantastic pistol. Id like the long slide version as well.

YVK
06-26-14, 19:18
Right now it is about the worst time to stock on mags due to VP9 hysteria. I strongly prefer Heinie's and I would only use a pro to install them; HK USA wouldn't install them.
A lot of people shorten slide release levers, but LS may have a shortened one already, I believe.
If you practice and dry fire a lot, pick up spare trigger return springs as their life is about 8K trigger pulls, live or dry.
I've used all kinds of appendix holsters for carry and a Bladetech for competition. I have an OWB rig that I barely use. P30 is very well supported; not sure of P30L.

okie john
06-27-14, 14:09
Right now it is about the worst time to stock on mags due to VP9 hysteria.

I agree 100%, but fortunately, I'm not in a hurry to do this, so I can wait for prices to drop a little.

Okie John

TAZ
06-27-14, 15:25
Don't have an L, but stuff should generally apply.

Sights: 10-8 or Dawson. Tried Heine on my HK45 and didn't work for me. Had 10-8 rear + Dawson Tritium front on my p30 till I managed to FUBAR both (freak of nature totally unrepeatable accident). Probably going to go with Dawson black rear + FO front this time round.

Holsters: Raven Concealment OWB and JM appendix are the primaries. Also run a JM light bearing IWB at times.

Aside from that just shoot the crap out of it and have fun. Might contemplate a couple of trigger return springs if you're in the mood.

warpedcamshaft
06-27-14, 16:27
Trijicon sights and comp tac infidel is what I use.

jyo
06-29-14, 02:19
Actually, I've had a P30S 9mm for several years now---liked the feel of the grip just the way it can out of the box---gun functioned perfect (of course)---shoot it maybe 1000-1200 rds---even like the trigger---smooth DA and pretty nice SA (I am not a trigger snob---many gun types and triggers to deal with)---shoots right to point of aim (for me) with most ammo, so I left the sights stock---in fact, the entire pistol is just the way it came out of the box. As of leather/plastic gear---don't have any---if I am going to carry a gun, I'll carry my 9mm P2000 in a Galco "Concealable" model OWB holster---slim and tight…
Probably pick-up a VP-9 just for laughs...