PDA

View Full Version : Remington X-Mark Pro Trigger recall question??

NYH1
06-26-14, 23:32
My wife has a Remington Model 700 ADL Synthetic Compact in 243 Win. We topped it off with a Leupold VX1 3-9x40mm Scope (with the pink ring instead of the gold ring). She's been shooting it quite a bit and is really getting good with it.

I was at Gander Mountain tonight and saw a notice that Remington is recalling certain model 7's and 700's with the X-Mark Pro Triggers. I went to the recall web site and entered our serial number and it's one of the rifles affected by the recall.

Here is my question, instead of sending it back to have Remington fix it, can I replace the X-Mark Pro Trigger with a Timney #510 Trigger? I like the Timney Triggers and would rather just put one of those in instead.

Thanks, NYH1.

m1a_scoutguy
06-27-14, 00:24
Sure,,why not,,thats what I am going to do with my 2 Remmy's ! Make sure you get the Discount Code so ya can buy some goodies off there Webstore !

texasgunhand
06-27-14, 02:05
I thought the x-mark was the fix for their older trigger problems. Where the guns were going off on their own. Thanks for posting this i will go check it out..I dont think you would have any problems with a timney..Whats the recall for btw..

Canonshooter
06-27-14, 05:29
Mine came with the X-mark and I never fired a shot with it. A Timney 510 was the first thing that went in after taking the new rifle out of the box.

Nice trigger, no issues with the Timney.

TommyG
06-27-14, 08:04
My wife has a Remington Model 700 ADL Synthetic Compact in 243 Win. We topped it off with a Leupold VX1 3-9x40mm Scope (with the pink ring instead of the gold ring). She's been shooting it quite a bit and is really getting good with it.

I was at Gander Mountain tonight and saw a notice that Remington is recalling certain model 7's and 700's with the X-Mark Pro Triggers. I went to the recall web site and entered our serial number and it's one of the rifles affected by the recall.

Here is my question, instead of sending it back to have Remington fix it, can I replace the X-Mark Pro Trigger with a Timney #510 Trigger? I like the Timney Triggers and would rather just put one of those in instead.

Thanks, NYH1.

This is the preferred fix for certain. Do a little searching around the web. Due to the number of units involved, the turn around time from Remington is off the charts. After that huge wait, you rifle will still have a crappy factory trigger. Go for the Timney before everyone has the same idea and you can't find one anywhere.

markm
06-27-14, 08:38
You should have 510'd that gun anyway. The Xmark trigger is garbage.

tuck
06-27-14, 14:11
You should have 510'd that gun anyway. The Xmark trigger is garbage.

Yep. I ran the Xmark in my 700 up until Remington announced the recall. I figured it was a perfect excuse to upgrade. I've got a Timney 517 (flat trigger) in my rifle now and don't know how/why I went so long with the Xmark.

markm
06-27-14, 14:16
That's the trigger we run. Same as the 510, but with a flat trigger.

NYH1
06-27-14, 18:12
I thought the x-mark was the fix for their older trigger problems. Where the guns were going off on their own. Thanks for posting this i will go check it out..I dont think you would have any problems with a timney..Whats the recall for btw..

Recall info-
http://xmprecall.remington.com/

NYH1
06-27-14, 18:16

Recall info-

avmech
06-27-14, 18:36
Have 2 700s, a Varmint Synthetic and an AAC. Both have Timney. Be aware that you need a 510,but might need to have them install a long sear. Both mine needed the long sear. Worked with the short one, but got misfires on Black Hills match ammo, cured with the long sear. Do not, however, order the 510-U, this does not have the bolt release lever.

texasgunhand
07-07-14, 00:49
Recall info-

Thanks for postin...

ttf909
07-22-14, 22:19
Have 2 700s, a Varmint Synthetic and an AAC. Both have Timney. Be aware that you need a 510,but might need to have them install a long sear. Both mine needed the long sear. Worked with the short one, but got misfires on Black Hills match ammo, cured with the long sear. Do not, however, order the 510-U, this does not have the bolt release lever.
got a new model7 300 aac and put the timney in it but am getting misfires . is the cure for this the long sear as mentioned above?