View Full Version : Database Error

tog
06-28-14, 10:54
Hi folks,
I'm having trouble logging into m4carbine.net. When I try logging in I get:

"Database error
The database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:

Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the www.m4carbine.net home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.m4carbine.net forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience."

I can get to the site by not logging in, but when I try to open some topics I will get the same message. Is it my computer or m4c.net site? Any help appreciated. Thanks
Tog

Ick
06-28-14, 13:00
I get some kind of strange message when I try to go into advanced search.....

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupMessage::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that of vB_Model::getLoadQuery() in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupmessage.php on line 261

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupDiscussion::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that of vB_Model::getLoadQuery() in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupdiscussion.php on line 337

tog
06-28-14, 14:51
I get some kind of strange message when I try to go into advanced search.....
I haven't got that one yet, but I have not tried advanced search in a few weeks. Problem started about a week or two ago.

tog
06-29-14, 09:19
No solutions? Anyone?

SWATcop556
06-30-14, 14:19
I've been having some issues as well. I'll pass this info along.

Ryno12
06-30-14, 14:40
I've been having a heck of a time trying to log in via Tapatalk. It's been very hit and miss the last couple days.

Not sure if the problems are related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kdcgrohl
06-30-14, 15:03
Yup, I've been getting a ton of errors logging in since Friday.

Rekkr870
06-30-14, 15:08
I've been having a heck of a time trying to log in via Tapatalk. It's been very hit and miss the last couple days.

Not sure if the problems are related.

Likewise. I've been getting "failed to connect to forum " messages via tapatalk.

markm
06-30-14, 15:12
Grant spilled Yoohoo on the server.

Ryno12
06-30-14, 17:20

I think he owes us all a 50% off code for our pain & suffering.

Time for someone to summon RST.

tog
06-30-14, 17:53
I've been having some issues as well. I'll pass this info along.

Thanks! I've been able to log on with ease the last day or two. Grant and those yoohoos-I agree-75% off for all!

tog
06-30-14, 18:02
I just posted the above then went to another forum and got this:

"www.m4carbine.net
502 Error
It appears the website you are trying to visit is having technical difficulties or is no longer available.

Please go back and try your request again or try searching Google to find another website with what you're looking for!

Search Google Try Again"

tog
06-30-14, 18:02
Double post. Another time out trying to post.

Berserkr556
07-01-14, 06:51
I would just like to add that I have been receiving the same error message as the OP since Monday. I don't have a problem with any other web sites.

montanadave
07-01-14, 06:54
Definitely glitchy the past couple of days. Who pissed on some cyberpunk's build this time?

scooter22
07-01-14, 07:33
I have also encountered the 'database error' frequently over the last couple of days.

Ryno12
07-01-14, 10:00
So is anyone working on this? This "glitch" is kinda getting ridiculous.

An update would be appreciated. Thanks.

markm
07-01-14, 10:15
Must be that nut launching a D.O.S attack again.

SilverBullet432
07-01-14, 10:21
Database error as well. At first I thought it was my phone. I don't get it when trying to log in, but as soon as I try to get on the site.

kdcgrohl
07-01-14, 11:59
Still having trouble today. Not sure if related, but I've had a nearly identical problem over on 68forums.

justin_247
07-01-14, 12:07
Must be that nut launching a D.O.S attack again.

My thoughts exactly. There have been quite a few butthurt people on the forum over the past two weeks, so I assume one of them is the cause...

WickedWillis
07-01-14, 12:29
It's been difficult for me to even get the M4C page to load, and even harder to post. It keeps timing out. Something is up with the servers because it happened on my work computer, and my home computer yesterday.

weggy
07-01-14, 12:31
I called Obama he said "sorry it can't be fixed. Give your guns to Nancy on the way out"!

jwinch2
07-01-14, 13:50
I'm having the same problems. Frequent database error messages, and when the site does load, it takes forever, and searches, requests to post, etc. often time out.

I'm sure the admins are working on it, but it might help them to know that it seems fairly widespread.

officerX
07-01-14, 14:00
Sporadic issues here, from desktop and Tapatalk.

Tapatalk

uffdaphil
07-01-14, 14:16
Would not load a couple of hours ago. Got a 404 error 5 minutes ago trying to reply to this thread. Here goes submit. Fingers crossed.

C4IGrant
07-01-14, 14:33

Grant has nothing to do with anything regarding the forum maintenance, servers or running it.

So you can't blame it on me!

C4

Straight Shooter
07-01-14, 14:41
Im having massive trouble getting on here.

Outlander Systems
07-01-14, 19:56

Same here. Time outs. 404s...the WORKS.

T2C
07-01-14, 20:10

Ditto. Logging on and posting has been a problem the past few days.

steyrman13
07-01-14, 20:43
+1 for another

JS-Maine
07-01-14, 21:07
Same here on PC and iPad.

SeriousStudent
07-01-14, 21:19
The head technical wizard is peering into the guts of the website. Just wanted to let you all know it's being looked at.

We've sent out for some eye of newt and toe of frog, and even ordered a new flux capacitor. And no YooHoo is anywhere on the premises, just as a extra precaution.

In the meanwhile, we are deleting a bunch of the dupe posts, that occurred due to the timeout issues. We do appreciate everyone's patience.

Thank you.

Ryno12
07-01-14, 21:28
The head technical wizard is peering into the guts of the website. Just wanted to let you all know it's being looked at.

We've sent out for some eye of newt and toe of frog, and even ordered a new flux capacitor. And no YooHoo is anywhere on the premises, just as a extra precaution.

In the meanwhile, we are deleting a bunch of the dupe posts, that occurred due to the timeout issues. We do appreciate everyone's patience.

Thank you.

Thanks for the update SS.

Seeing how the forum seems to only work 50% of the time, do you know if Grant is gonna post a 50% off code or do we have to PM him for it?

:p

T2C
07-01-14, 21:37

Thank you.

Try brandishing a screwdriver in a menacing manner in the presence of the server computer. Recite Ohm's Law while you do this.

Kokopelli
07-01-14, 21:45
It happens from time to time.. It's ususally fixed in a couple of days.. eh...

SeriousStudent
07-01-14, 22:01
Try brandishing a screwdriver in a menacing manner in the presence of the server computer. Recite Ohm's Law while you do this.

I ain't up on all that book learnin......

ColtSeavers
07-01-14, 22:41
Still having trouble today. Not sure if related, but I've had a nearly identical problem over on 68forums.

This. Seems you guys and 68forums are intertwined as you both have the exact same problems at the exact same times.

SeriousStudent
07-02-14, 00:02
Thank you, we appreciate the correlated data.

wetidlerjr
07-02-14, 06:57
I have been having problems for, at least, three days ranging from "database error" to not even getting to the site to get an error. It is "hit and miss" as I post this. :sad:

ColtSeavers
07-02-14, 09:39
Seems M4Carbine is no longer intertwined with 68forums as of last night. You guys seem to up and stable at the moment while 68forums is giving this as a response:

Fatal error: Memcache is not installed in..../includes/class_datastore.php on line 185

Ballistic Agency
07-02-14, 11:16
Thank for your patience guys. My guys at the datacenter have been working on this diligently since Friday. At first it was thought to be a misconfiguration since late last week we did a kernel patch on this particular server setup, but alas, we didn't break anything. We know what the problem is now and are working to mitigate it. Since the problem isn't with the configuration, but the network load due to increased traffic, it's a good time to upgrade the server hardware, so we should get the benefits of a faster site once the work is complete.

Thanks for sticking it out. Our plan was to take it easy this past weekend and this week... maybe one day. One day....

WickedWillis
07-02-14, 11:19
Thank for your patience guys. My guys at the datacenter have been working on this diligently since Friday. At first it was thought to be a misconfiguration since late last week we did a kernel patch on this particular server setup, but alas, we didn't break anything. We know what the problem is now and are working to mitigate it. Since the problem isn't with the configuration, but the network load due to increased traffic, it's a good time to upgrade the server hardware, so we should get the benefits of a faster site once the work is complete.

Thanks for sticking it out. Our plan was to take it easy this past weekend and this week... maybe one day. One day....

Thank you for the update we appreciate it.

tog
07-02-14, 13:20

Another thanks from me as well.

Ballistic Agency
07-03-14, 22:09
Well... that was fun. Took down all of the servers in our grid. PM me if you find bugs. We lost at least a few hours of posts if not more.

Kokopelli
07-03-14, 22:51
Dang...

TXBK
07-03-14, 23:55
Has the forum been experiencing technical difficulties? :rolleyes:

Berserkr556
07-04-14, 06:38
Has the forum been experiencing technical difficulties? :rolleyes:

I believe they fixed it. The site was down all day yesterday.

mattiep321
07-04-14, 07:03
I'm a Netscaler / F5 admin for a large global organization...if you guys need to bounce ideas off me for load balancing or anything hosting related I'm here to help.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Ryno12
07-04-14, 07:32
Well... that was fun. Took down all of the servers in our grid. PM me if you find bugs. We lost at least a few hours of posts if not more.

Another good job as always. Thanks RST.

TXBK
07-04-14, 07:41
I believe they fixed it. The site was down all day yesterday.

Yeah, i was just being facetious. I appreciate those working behind the scenes to get it taken care of. I had been searching for a support group to help with the withdrawal symtoms, but thankfully that quest has ended.

n517rv
07-04-14, 08:06
I experienced a severe case of M4C withdrawl.

Glad you got things resolved and thanks for your hard work.

donlapalma
07-04-14, 08:06
Thanks for getting things fixed. Life can now resume its normal routine.

tog
07-04-14, 08:47
Wow, now I'm having problems with "head spin". I've never seen this site work so fast when moving through the various forums and topics.

Belmont31R
07-05-14, 13:51
Most errors seem fixed but started getting timeouts and if the page does load the the browser hangs forever.

superstratjunky
07-05-14, 17:51
Thanks to the site staff! :neo:

Belmont31R
07-06-14, 23:36
No more time-outs in loading pages but loading forums takes around a minute with browser hangups. It loads the top bar to where the new posts / new messages buttons are up top left very quickly then the rest of the page takes forever to load.

Thanks for working on everything!

Kokopelli
07-06-14, 23:43
fast 2sec page loads for me..

Leaveammoforme
07-09-14, 02:38
I haven't been getting email alerts to subscribed threads since we went down. I checked settings here and on my email with everything seeming kosher. Ideas?

sva01
07-10-14, 21:21
This has been happening to me for quite a few months. JSantoro has tried to get the wizards behind the curtain to get me fixed but, unfortunately, it hasn't changed.

I haven't been getting email alerts to subscribed threads since we went down. I checked settings here and on my email with everything seeming kosher. Ideas?

n517rv
07-10-14, 21:56
If the server OS was recently build it may be a mail relay configuration that needs to be tweaked or possibly a firewall issue if the servers ip addressed changed.

Belmont31R
07-27-14, 02:03
I had to reset my Apple Keychain and lost my database of passwords. Then Tapatalk gave me an error about this forum not being updated because I the PW got kicked back. I tried resetting the PW through Safari and I never got an email for a PW reset. I was able to login again tonight through Tapatalk but as of right now I can't reset the PW and am relying on Tapatalk to not error out and keep me from being able to post.

Belmont31R
07-27-14, 02:06

Belmont31R
07-27-14, 02:07
Not getting ANY errors in other forums in Tapatalk. 3 others and M4C.

Belmont31R
07-27-14, 03:32