PDA

View Full Version : Noveske by Stag

mat10x
06-07-08, 10:27
question for those who are more knowledgeable than myself, as i am new to ARs. been reading this site and researching for a bit now.

looking to buy a LMT STD 16 or Noveske N4 basic carbine or Recce. for range/defense, 3gun down the line.

spoken with LMT and Noveske.

LMT $1250
Noveske $1400

Noveske upper/lowers are made by Stag (occasionally by LAR mfg). as i understand it Stag/CMT only does batch HP and MPI testing on their bolts. Stag also being on the lower end of "the chart". LMT makes all their own parts minus the springs and pins.

both brands have 1:7 barrels in the the 3 models i'm looking at. H buffer, LMT told me only really needed for full auto use so it doesn't come standard. can request it.

Nov has parkerizing under the FSB, LMT does not. seems to be a non issue.

i do see the occassional post on a minor LMT issue. nothing is perfect of course but i haven't seen any Nov issues.

so is the Noveske worth the extra $150 bucks with a lesser BCG with the other features being generally the same between the two makes?

thx.

jh1
06-07-08, 10:30
question for those who are more knowledgeable than myself, as i am new to ARs. been reading this site and researching for a bit now.

looking to buy a LMT STD 16 or Noveske N4 basic carbine or Recce. for range/defense, 3gun down the line.

spoken with LMT and Noveske.

LMT $1250
Noveske $1400

Noveske upper/lowers are made by Stag (occasionally by LAR mfg). as i understand it Stag/CMT only does batch HP and MPI testing on their bolts. Stag also being on the lower end of "the chart". LMT makes all their own parts minus the springs and pins.

both brands have 1:7 barrels in the the 3 models i'm looking at. H buffer, LMT told me only really needed for full auto use so it doesn't come standard. can request it.

Nov has parkerizing under the FSB, LMT does not. seems to be a non issue.

i do see the occassional post on a minor LMT issue. nothing is perfect of course but i haven't seen any Nov issues.

so is the Noveske worth the extra $150 bucks with a lesser BCG with the other features being generally the same between the two makes?

thx.

yes it is

Cold Zero
06-07-08, 10:31
If you buy the LMT upper and lower separately. You can save substantial money on the Federal tax. So the price difference, is really even more than $150. That being said, you could not go wrong with either one. I would take the Noveski hands down.

mat10x
06-07-08, 11:10
thx for the reply guys. is there a specific reason why you are choosing Noveske over LMT? is there a technical reason or quality reason?

NoBody
06-07-08, 11:23
thx for the reply guys. is there a specific reason why you are choosing Noveske over LMT? is there a technical reason or quality reason?

LMT's quality control is sometimes off. Customer service from both is good, but Noveske is better (similar to that of Wilson Combat).

TacDoc
06-07-08, 11:40

Dude, both are extremely well made rifles.

Look at it this way:

Noveske is a combat capable rifle built with great components and with a great quality control. You pay for the WELL WORTH Noveske name/quality and his attention to detail. You wont see a cosmetic flaw on a new Noveske product and you will get a much more than average accurate AR.

LMT is a tough combat intended rifle built with tough components and a great "functionaly oriented" quality control. From time to time you can see a cosmetic flaw in a new unit, but Ive never ever seen one LMT part/rifle functionally impaired. You pay for a tank tough rifle built to fight in hell and on top of this they are pretty accurate (for its intended previously mentioned use).

mat10x
06-07-08, 12:43
ahhh ok. well put.

so does stag make a different quality upper/lower/BCG for Noveske than their own models?

GaryXD
06-07-08, 15:59
ahhh ok. well put.

so does stag make a different quality upper/lower/BCG for Noveske than their own models?

You'll get an properly staked m16 BCG with the Noveske. The standard Stag models use a AR15 carrier that is not properly staked.

The upper receiver will have factory cut and anodized M4 feed ramps. The standard Stag models don't have M4 feed ramps.

Also Noveske uses their own barrels which are second to none. The standard Stag models use the common 4140 barrels.

Warrior
06-07-08, 16:30
CMT (Continental Machine & Tool) make Stag. Noveske has his stuff made by CMT to his Specs. The big difference between a Noveske and pretty much anything else are his barrels. They are absolutely great, bar none my favorite barrels around. Fit n finish are a non issue to me, I don't care what a finnish looks like if it matches or if there are any cosmetic blemishes as long as they don't impeed function. That said Noveske's fit n finish is flawless. LMT is also a great system, one of my own has a little over 9K flawless rounds through it. For anyone asking what they should buy I always say Colt, LMT and Noveske. Colt is not easy to find nowadays and Noveske is not usually carried by gunshops but is widely available online, G&R tactical is a great vendor. LMT is found in some gunshops and also online. G&R again carries LMT also Rainier Arms is a good vendor.