PDA

View Full Version : M&P Shield 8rd mag sleeve?

MegademiC
06-28-14, 22:38
Playing around with the shield today, I noticed reloads were smoother if I took the sleeve off the 8rd mag. It doesn't seem to do anything, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Any reason that needs to stay on? My biggest concern is that taking it off, and putting pressure on the mag when shooting may cause feed issues from mag alignment. I highly doubt it, just want to see what everyone's thoughts were before doing it. Im not going to have a chance to shoot it to test it out myself for a while, and want to carry it sleeveless... its summer ;)

RWCRaiden
06-29-14, 09:07
I don't think there would be any issues. I carry mine with the sleeve on, but do what feels right.

dontshakepandas
06-29-14, 09:19
I didn't like how the sleeve could slide up on the mag and make it difficult to insert, but I also had the same concerns about failures from removing the sleeve. I ended up putting a small dot of super glue between the sleeve and mag body on each side. This keeps it from moving and makes inserting the magazine much smoother. It also doesn't prevent the mag from being disassembled.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

SPDGG
06-29-14, 13:28
fwiw:

OP:
You do not want to remove the sleeve on the 8 round extended magazine for the M&P Shield.
The spacer acts as the insertion stop as well.
If you remove it and get over zealous: stress during a reload you can over insert the mag and lock up the gun.

* This is for the M&P Shield . . . . . Other platforms, such as the Glock line, have built in stops on the frame to a tab on the magazine to guard against over insertion.