PDA

View Full Version : Racist Helicopters.

hatt
06-29-14, 09:19
I'd say the days are now numbered for these names.

Veterans aren’t happy with a recent op-ed by the Washington Post, which charged that the Apache, Comanche, Chinook, Lakota, Cheyenne and Kiowa military vehicles were a “greater symbolic injustice” than the NFL’s Washington Redskins’ name.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/27/army-vets-blast-pc-police-for-attacking-apache-chi/

Voodoo_Man
06-29-14, 09:21
This is getting ridiculous.

ptmccain
06-29-14, 09:22
I always thought it was a compliment to the Apache warrior and other tribal names, honoring their warrior spirit. What now? We have to change every name of every city in the USA, and place, and country, or whatever that uses an Indian name? Sioux Falls, South Dakota? etc.

hatt
06-29-14, 09:26
I always thought it was a compliment to the Apache warrior and other tribal names, honoring their warrior spirit. What now? We have to change every name of every city in the USA, and place, and country, or whatever that uses an Indian name? Sioux Falls, South Dakota? etc.
I'm sure it is. They aren't the ones complaining. They're too dumb to know they're being disparaged and need a white Lib to direct them.

MAUSER202
06-29-14, 09:28
It gets worse, my dog now wants to be called a canine American.;)

Chameleox
06-29-14, 09:29

My thoughts exactly.

Heck, even your state is names after a tribe.

MarkG
06-29-14, 10:05
Let's change the name to Azrael. It'll give the ISIL forces something to think about and hopefully piss off CAIR in the process.

Abraham
06-29-14, 10:23
Massachusetts is an Algonquian Native American phrase! It's an outrage the state has appropriated this most revered Native American word.

It must promptly be relabeled a good Marxist name in keeping with the states political philosophy.

hatt
06-29-14, 10:26
A guy in the comments section had the best new names.

Under Obama we should give them names like "Retreat, Surrender, Withdraw, Apologize..."

Jaysop
06-29-14, 10:32

Nearly everything on Long Island NY is named after a tribe or refers to a tribes culture. Good luck renaming all of that...

Id support a government program that visited the people who start this stuff and smacks the shit out of them.

Grand58742
06-29-14, 10:44
I'm waiting on the first tard to mention Oklahoma. Being that it's a Choctaw word for "Red People" it should be first and foremost.

SteveS
06-29-14, 10:51
What bothers me are helos that go wop, wop, wop. Both sides of the my families grand parents came from Italy after WW1. It is in the blood I guess:cool:

No.6
06-29-14, 10:58
Could always change the names of all cities, towns and states in the US to their GPS co-ordinates. Should make it easier to find them and only piss off mathematicians. And stop referring to any and all inanimate objects by a name and instead give them all serial numbers. So instead of a Piper "Comanche" you'd have "NV93R". Think of all the fun times we'd have with that! Instead of an AR15 you would have a "200569" (not to be confused with a "200570").

SilverBullet432
06-29-14, 12:07
Texas (Tejas) is Caddo for friends. That too is racist. Being friends is racist. Don't mess with Texas :nono:

MountainRaven
06-29-14, 12:11
Is Florida State still the Seminoles? But UND isn't allowed to be the Fighting Sioux....

Nearly everything on Long Island NY is named after a tribe or refers to a tribes culture. Good luck renaming all of that...

Id support a government program that visited the people who start this stuff and smacks the shit out of them.

Besides, renaming them after white people things is racist.

Could always change the names of all cities, towns and states in the US to their GPS co-ordinates. Should make it easier to find them and only piss off mathematicians. And stop referring to any and all inanimate objects by a name and instead give them all serial numbers. So instead of a Piper "Comanche" you'd have "NV93R". Think of all the fun times we'd have with that! Instead of an AR15 you would have a "200569" (not to be confused with a "200570").

Or 200596. Or 20569. Or 020569. Or 002569. Or 200659. Or....

Grand58742
06-29-14, 12:30
Is Florida State still the Seminoles? But UND isn't allowed to be the Fighting Sioux....

Actually, Florida State has the full sanction of the Seminole Tribe to use that name:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/24/sports/ncaafootball/amid-rising-discord-over-indian-images-florida-state-has-harmony.html?pagewanted=all

MountainRaven
06-29-14, 12:46
Actually, Florida State has the full sanction of the Seminole Tribe to use that name:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/24/sports/ncaafootball/amid-rising-discord-over-indian-images-florida-state-has-harmony.html?pagewanted=all

And UND has the blessing of two of the state's three Sioux tribes.

Grand58742
06-29-14, 13:21

I don't want to drag this one off topic since we have a thread about the sports teams already, but you bring valid points.

SteyrAUG
06-29-14, 13:53
15 years ago we used to joke about scenarios this completely absurd with PC running unrestrained.

Of course the movie Network was originally satire more than prophecy once too.

PD Sgt.
06-29-14, 21:43
When I saw the thread title, my first thought was someone complained to the tinfoil crowd, "Why do the helicopters have to be black?"

Glad to see it is something much more serious (sarcastic voice).

JohnnyC
06-29-14, 23:04
I'm waiting on the first tard to mention Oklahoma. Being that it's a Choctaw word for "Red People" it should be first and foremost.

And suggested by a Choctaw Chief at that.

weggy
06-29-14, 23:20

Notre Dame has the approval of drunk "micks" everywhere!:no:

grunz
06-29-14, 23:45

But do they have the blessing of rich east coast leftist white urban pricks? Tsk tsk!

discreet
06-30-14, 01:19
Somehow I find it funny that it's everyone BUT the Natives that are bitching, and calling these things injustices. The common brain dead American doesn't understand the roles many Natives have played in our Armed forces. It's an honor to name military items after Native names, not a disgrace. Just another thing for the lib tards to bitch about. Same kind of crap as athiests trying to eliminate the pledge of allegance. Don't like it, gtfo, there are plenty of other countries that would love to have you.

Moose-Knuckle
06-30-14, 02:30
What bothers me are helos that go wop, wop, wop. Both sides of the my families grand parents came from Italy after WW1. It is in the blood I guess:cool:

:lol:

Moose-Knuckle
06-30-14, 02:35
15 years ago we used to joke about scenarios this completely absurd with PC running unrestrained.

Of course the movie Network was originally satire more than prophecy once too.

You know on a personal note, the older I get the more that film becomes important to me. For those that don't "get it" when it comes to our modern world all they need do is watch the scene where Arthur Jenson takes Howard Beale into the board room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKkRDMil0bw

hatt
06-30-14, 03:22
Never seen Network. Just put it in the queue.