PDA

View Full Version : Ammo suggestions

Hicklinc
06-29-14, 18:25
I'm looking for ammo suggestion that is in the 55-77 grain that can either fill the role of range/defensive or just defensive I'm new to 5.56 so far I'm going to try magtech m193 and blackhills mk262

Iraqgunz
06-30-14, 00:49
I'll bet if you use the search feature, you will find all kinds of information.

Hicklinc
06-30-14, 01:33
Which is where I found the m193 and mk262 but thanks anyway

jstone
07-01-14, 16:52
Whatever 55 grain is cheapest for killing paper that does not require great accuracy. For accuracy orriented paper killing anything loaded with the 69/77 match king. This can also fill in the sd role along with m193. Up close when m193 frags it causes very nasty wounds. There is an old thread in the terminal ballistics forum that shows what m193 can do up close. The doctor who treated the wound also posts in the thread. I will see if I can find it.

Your best bet is to figure out your needs and find an ammo to fill each need. You will more than likely end up with a couple loads to fulfill what you need. I would pick a barrier blind load for sd, a cheap load for most of the range time, and something that is accurate for working on tiny groups or banging steel at longer ranges.

Hicklinc
07-02-14, 07:12
Whatever 55 grain is cheapest for killing paper that does not require great accuracy. For accuracy orriented paper killing anything loaded with the 69/77 match king. This can also fill in the sd role along with m193. Up close when m193 frags it causes very nasty wounds. There is an old thread in the terminal ballistics forum that shows what m193 can do up close. The doctor who treated the wound also posts in the thread. I will see if I can find it.

Your best bet is to figure out your needs and find an ammo to fill each need. You will more than likely end up with a couple loads to fulfill what you need. I would pick a barrier blind load for sd, a cheap load for most of the range time, and something that is accurate for working on tiny groups or banging steel at longer ranges.

That's awesome thanks I like hearing real world data