PDA

View Full Version : Glock Gen4 trigger fix?

jhs1969
07-01-14, 20:01
Recently was advised to replace the trigger bar in my Gen4 Glock with a Gen3 trigger bar, that it would take about 1lb off the trigger pull and smooth it out. Can any one confirm this or offer any other thoughts?

Trajan
07-01-14, 20:07
It does.

Alternatively, you could grind off the bump on the trigger bar. It's actually welded on, not stamped. If you grind it down to the point where it falls off, there will be a tiny hole.

Gen 3 trigger bar makes it feel slightly lighter still though. I believe this is due to a slight change in geometry.

Gen 3 trigger, or grinding down the bump with full stoning and polish job and a minus connector will give you quite a nice trigger. Not FSS nice, but really nice none the less. Especially for stock components.

Heavy Metal
07-01-14, 20:09
Yes, it's true, just did it on a Gen 4 G-34 I got from some dealer in Ohio! ;)

It does improve the pull considerably.

Heavy Metal
07-01-14, 20:10
It's more than just that bump, it is angle issues.

G34Shooter
07-01-14, 20:20
The geometry is different in the trigger housing angle, not the trigger bar.

jhs1969
07-01-14, 20:40
Mine also has the 8lb NY trigger spring, wanted to add a Ghost 3.5lb connector for an additional improvement. Thoughts on this?

Texaspoff
07-01-14, 20:46
Recently was advised to replace the trigger bar in my Gen4 Glock with a Gen3 trigger bar, that it would take about 1lb off the trigger pull and smooth it out. Can any one confirm this or offer any other thoughts?

Confirmed, you can run 3rd gen trigger bars in 4th gen pistol without issue. The trigger bar is a stamped part, and removing the hump does leave a small hole. It's much easier to order one from Glockparts.com or Lone Wolf and be done with it. The only reason for the hump is to maintain alignment of the trigger bar and the firing pin block, WHEN you have the magazine release switched around for left handed shooters. With the magazine release moved, it puts pressure on the opposite side of the magazine, which in turn could rub against the trigger bar causing it to not fully engage the firing pin block. While this has not been an issue, at least to my knowledge, Glock designed it for this reason, to prevent the problem before it occurred. The drawback to the 4th gen bar is it that tab creates drag on the slide and thus giving you a heavier pull, even with the "." connector. FYI I run nothing but third gen triggers as well as everyone else I know with 4th gen Glocks.

Personally I run 3rd gen smooth triggers with Glock OEM "-" connectors in every glock I own. It is the best setup I have found for my shooting style and it's all factory. I like to maintain a factory fire control group in my duty weapons. Other modifications......not so much.....:)

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff295/Texaspoff/5225db0a-9a1b-4814-a406-eab318dd94fb_zpsb5e29b1d.jpg

SeriousStudent
07-01-14, 21:22
Thanks for the detailed answer, Lane. You stay safe, and have a happy 4th.

Neat picture, by the way.

jhs1969
07-01-14, 21:54
Texaspoff,

Can I run a smooth face trigger/bar, G22, in a G23?

Up1911fan
07-01-14, 23:19
Texaspoff,

Can I run a smooth face trigger/bar, G22, in a G23?

Yes, only difference is the polymer trigger face is serrated on the compact and sub compacts.

jhs1969
07-01-14, 23:37
Thanks guys, have a parts list to order now.

Magsz
07-02-14, 09:54
The bumps do NOT add a pound to the trigger pull. That is absurd.

The gen 4 guns have heavier triggers because of the angle change in the trigger housing, the new dog leg bend on the trigger bar AND the bump. Throw this all together and you end up with some pretty horrific trigger pulls.

I run all of my gen 4 guns with gen 4 bars and my triggers are smooth, predictable and reliable. Having said that, if you want to run older gen 3 bars, by all means, rock on as they work very well.

jhs1969
07-02-14, 10:10
What trigger mods have you made to you gen 4s?

C4IGrant
07-02-14, 11:38
What trigger mods have you made to you gen 4s?

For me, change out the trigger bar to a GEN 3, install the Apex Tactical FSP, install a 3.5 connector and follow these instructions: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?103781-Home-Gunsmithing-Glock-Trigger-Job-(Part-1)

C4

briguy64
07-02-14, 12:27
On my Gen 4 G19, I went to the Gen 3 G17 trigger and trigger bar, and went with the dot connector. No idea on weight now but it is lighter and smoother than stock. I prefer this setup as it has a more rolling break feel to it, not everyone likes this feel though YMMV

hossb7
07-02-14, 19:16
I also added a "minus" connector and gen3 G17 trigger bar to my Gen4 Glock 19 and polished them up. I don't have a scale, but the trigger pull is probably close to 5lbs and my guess is that it was around 7lbs initially.

AKFAN
07-03-14, 01:53
Does anyone run a Ghost Tactical 5.0 lb connector ? Im looking for a connector with less over-travel. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks