PDA

View Full Version : Christie veto's 10 round mag limit!

rauchman
07-03-14, 07:00
As an NJ resident, this makes me happy! Of course, now if they could do away with the "assault weapon" ban and the 15 round limit, I'd be jumping for joy!

http://www.northjersey.com/news/christie-vetoes-bill-limiting-capacity-of-gun-magazines-1.1044897

SteveS
07-03-14, 23:05
Maybe trying to run for president.

brushy bill
07-03-14, 23:18
Maybe trying to run for president.

This. He is attempting the old wolf in sheep's clothing trick. Not a friend of gun rights. Political posturing at its best and not a dimes worth of difference between him and Hillary or whomever the demoncrats run.

BoringGuy45
07-04-14, 00:20
This. He is attempting the old wolf in sheep's clothing trick. Not a friend of gun rights. Political posturing at its best and not a dimes worth of difference between him and Hillary or whomever the demoncrats run.

Certainly not, but at least the guy is smart enough (I hope) to know that he's gotta be somewhat pro-gun if he wants to get the rest of the country's conservatives to vote for him. Romney tried the "I'm pro-2nd Amendment AND for an assault weapons ban" shtick in the 2008 primaries and I'm pretty sure it was a major part of him getting sunk, enough so that he dropped it in 2012. Christie certainly isn't going to campaign for things like universal carry permit recognition, but given the failure to pass such anti-gun measures last year in the perfect condition to do so, I'd say most GOP candidates will recognize it as a losing battle.

That said, I absolutely, positively, would rather disembowel myself through my ass with a red hot meat hook than see Christie nominated.

ABNAK
07-04-14, 01:23
Still not voting for him. EVER.

Moose-Knuckle
07-04-14, 02:52
Still not voting for him. EVER.

This coincides with my thoughts on the matter down to the proverbial "t".

TXBK
07-04-14, 03:08
Yes, snake in the grass is Christie. Don't shut my bridge down bro, oh crap, what happened to my right to bear arms?

spr1
07-04-14, 07:09
Any bets on whether he would veto the same bill if, God forbid, he was in the Oval Office?

Safetyhit
07-04-14, 09:05
I everyone's haste to further loathe the man they're not seeing the rather overt good here. As stated numerous times before he would have vetoed it anyway because as he made clear when he vetoed the last round before this one he genuinely believes we are focusing on a false issue when we blame magazine capacity for the ill which plagues society. This is a critical message that needs to resonate in this region as well as all blue states, so just dismissing it as phony or worthless because it comes from Christie is short-sighted.

Big A
07-04-14, 09:21
I everyone's haste to further loathe the man they're not seeing the rather overt good here. As stated numerous times before he would have vetoed it anyway because as he made clear when he vetoed the last round before this one he genuinely believes we are focusing on a false issue when we blame magazine capacity for the ill which plagues society. This is a critical message that needs to resonate in this region as well as all blue states, so just dismissing it as phony or worthless because it comes from Christie is short-sighted.

Some links to these statements of his may aid in bolstering your defense of him.

Safetyhit
07-04-14, 09:44
Some links to these statements of his may aid in bolstering your defense of him.

Being local and someone who follows the topic yes I am privy to more information about him than most here, but there has never been any indication that if I verified such statements (which I actually may have before, can't remember) the majority would care less overall. Talking positively about Christie is the equivalent of talking about how many worthy aspects you think your Hi-Point has, it basically just doesn't matter. As far as you questioning my assessment it's your right but I have no reason to lie or even exaggerate in the least.

Airhasz
07-04-14, 11:35
I wonder how many Pmag 30's Christie owns?

Clem
07-04-14, 12:55
Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.state.nj.us/governor/news/news/552014/pdf/20140702a_A2006CV.PDF

Big A
07-04-14, 13:38
Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.state.nj.us/governor/news/news/552014/pdf/20140702a_A2006CV.PDF

Thanks for the link Clem, it was very informative and I can't say I disagree with him.

ABNAK
07-04-14, 14:38

Hey, if it helps you guys out I'm good with it. Take what you can get. Just don't want him on the national scene, that's all.

Alex V
07-04-14, 22:21
I was happy to see this. For a while I was starting to worry. He had 45 days to sign or veto and if he did nothing it would go into law on its own. He vetoed it will something like 4 or 5 days to go.

The situation here still sucks, but at least it was not made worse. Look on the bright side, we could be NY lol.

I don't think the gun laws will ever get better in NJ. The SCOTUS screwed us in the rear without lube on Drake, and I don't think the other similar cases will have much more luck. I gave up on the idea of better laws and am looking for an exit strategy, at least the situation did not get worse while I am still in the state.