PDA

View Full Version : Excessive wear on Beretta 92FS?

KrampusArms
07-04-14, 03:13
Ok Gentleman. I have a Beretta 92FS, 1100 rounds so far. Is this area above the trigger receiving accelerated wear? Its the area that the locking block plunger slaps the frame during recoil. 26918

Serpico1985
07-04-14, 09:54
Looks exactly like my new production 92a1 with 600 rounds through it.

Straight Shooter
07-04-14, 22:02
No,its normal.

opmike
07-06-14, 06:08
Your gun is fine.

KrampusArms
07-06-14, 12:59
Thanks guys. The Beretta is a newer handgun to me, wasn't so sure. I'm going to shoot 600 more rounds this week. Anybody familiar with Winchester NATO 124 Gr?
It says its %10 hotter than standard Luger.

MAWhite
07-06-14, 13:36
Looks like my 80's 92F.....and it's got a lot more than 1100 rounds through it.

texasgunhand
07-07-14, 00:23
Its been years since i had one but looks ok.. iam fixin to buy my wife a new one,since her pistol got burned up a couple a years ago in a huge fire here. I took her out and let her handle a new 92 f today and she seemed to like it...I loved mine..but sold it and went 1911 about 15 years ago.

Are there any problems i should know about with a new model 92f??

Are they still good to go? I shot the crap outa mine for years "duty weapon" and never had a problem,, not one jam.. nothing. It ran perfect..

opmike
07-13-14, 06:54
Its been years since i had one but looks ok.. iam fixin to buy my wife a new one,since her pistol got burned up a couple a years ago in a huge fire here. I took her out and let her handle a new 92 f today and she seemed to like it...I loved mine..but sold it and went 1911 about 15 years ago.

Are there any problems i should know about with a new model 92f??

Are they still good to go? I shot the crap outa mine for years "duty weapon" and never had a problem,, not one jam.. nothing. It ran perfect..

Beretta, unlike companies like Sig, Glock, etc. have managed to stay pretty consistent in their QC the past few years with their flagship model. No major warts or issues to speak of in the current crop of 92's that aren't intrinsic to the design itself. Your choice in full size offerings are going to be the 92FS, the M9, the 92A1, and the M9A1. If I was in the market for a Beretta, I'd be taking a serious look at the 92A1 as it's the only one with a removable front sight and I hate three dot sights with a passion. Holster options are kind of limited, however.

Digressing a bit, I really wish Beretta would just come out with a gun, decock only, that's a removable front sight upper on a M9A1 style lower but I'll stop there before I go into another rant about Beretta refusing to offer guns in configurations that people have been begging them for year after year, or discontinuing some of their greatest models. I'd trade every PX4 on the planet for a safe full of 92G-SD's.

texasgunhand
08-06-14, 17:26
lol,thanks for posting i loved mine and think she will like the 92 also...

BOOSTjunkie
08-06-14, 18:38
Beretta, unlike companies like Sig, Glock, etc. have managed to stay pretty consistent in their QC the past few years with their flagship model. No major warts or issues to speak of in the current crop of 92's that aren't intrinsic to the design itself. Your choice in full size offerings are going to be the 92FS, the M9, the 92A1, and the M9A1. If I was in the market for a Beretta, I'd be taking a serious look at the 92A1 as it's the only one with a removable front sight and I hate three dot sights with a passion. Holster options are kind of limited, however.

Digressing a bit, I really wish Beretta would just come out with a gun, decock only, that's a removable front sight upper on a M9A1 style lower but I'll stop there before I go into another rant about Beretta refusing to offer guns in configurations that people have been begging them for year after year, or discontinuing some of their greatest models. I'd trade every PX4 on the planet for a safe full of 92G-SD's.

Ever heard of a GIAT BM92? The French Army had them in AFG. When I finally asked one after thinking it was a beretta and fingerbanged it I discovered the slide mounted safety was in fact no safety at all but instead a decock only that returns to the up position automatically after being depressed... interesting.

BooneGA
08-06-14, 19:10
Ever heard of a GIAT BM92? The French Army had them in AFG. When I finally asked one after thinking it was a beretta and fingerbanged it I discovered the slide mounted safety was in fact no safety at all but instead a decock only that returns to the up position automatically after being depressed... interesting.

The "G" model Berettas have the same decock only function as well if I recall correctly from the last time I used one.

Rick

BOOSTjunkie
08-06-14, 21:23
The "G" model Berettas have the same decock only function as well if I recall correctly from the last time I used one.

Rick

What if beretta came out with a 92 series that moved the safety to the frame like the taurus, made the safety and decock separate functions like a usp, used an enclosed slide, made the grip smaller and the frame out of polymer? wouldnt that be grand? oh and removable sights too and also a lower bore to grip height.

RWCRaiden
08-07-14, 16:12
What if beretta came out with a 92 series that moved the safety to the frame like the taurus, made the safety and decock separate functions like a usp, used an enclosed slide, made the grip smaller and the frame out of polymer? wouldnt that be grand? oh and removable sights too and also a lower bore to grip height.

They did. That was the original 92 models which Taurus now produces. They bought the Beretta plant in Brazil and haven't really updated the design.

Back on topic, Pistol looks normal. I've owned my 92fs for a couple years and I love it. Never had a hiccup with it yet. And it's accurate. I'd recommend a D hammer spring though. Best thing you can do for that gun.

dc202
08-10-14, 00:09
I have four, two compacts and two full size. This is normal wear.