PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint pro issue

texas48
07-04-14, 13:40
had a tactical shop barrel sight my my aimpoint pro mounted on my le 6720 for 50 yards . When I got it back the red dot was centered but my front sight post was 8 clicks to the left of the red dot. Looking for some feedback. From the factory the dot was centered over FSP. Did the technician screw something up. Have not fired the rifle yet.

The hypnotized never lie

Iraqgunz
07-04-14, 13:45
Not sure how your front sight post could be 8 clicks off since it is only adjustable for elevation. Are you not familiar with how to set up and dial in a red dot optic?

ScottsBad
07-04-14, 13:50
So when you use your irons Through the PRO the dot does not line up with the irons? You need to shoot it to see which is correct. I don't know why you bothered to have the shop do it, but to each his own.

texas48
07-04-14, 14:03
Not sure how your front sight post could be 8 clicks off since it is only adjustable for elevation. Are you not familiar with how to set up and dial in a red dot optic?

That's my question. Don't think he did it right. I will go back to factory center and go to the range zero from there. When on factory settings red dot was 1/3 cowitness. Went from an eotech on other rifles to aimpoint on the new le6720 pencil barrel . Looks like a foolish move on my part.

The hypnotized never lie

Vendetta
07-04-14, 14:58
IG covered the main topic. I wouldn't allow most gun shop people to do anything with my weapons, especially ones I trust my life to.

If your irons are zero'd, just drop the dot down to where you can barely see it, and move it to your point of aim with your irons. That should get it pretty close to adjust from there.

philcam
07-04-14, 16:56
If your irons are zero'd, just drop the dot down to where you can barely see it, and move it to your point of aim with your irons. That should get it pretty close to adjust from there.

I'm not sure this is correct for the OP's current set up. I think he is saying he has a lower 1/3 mount. Your method would be correct for an absolute co-witness.