PDA

View Full Version : A few pics from this weekend

The Archangel
06-08-08, 11:08
I don't know where else to post pictures since we don't have a Photo section, but since there's a bunch of gear in this picture, I figured that I post it here. :o

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/128/12194/241567.jpg

CDDM416
06-08-08, 18:18
Cool pics, Lets see some more...

The Archangel
06-08-08, 19:51
Cool pics, Lets see some more...

Ok, I'll be back.

old grunt
06-12-08, 12:29
COL PICS!! What's the euipment breakdown? Rifles? Pistols? Etc.? HOW ABOUT SOME HOT LOOKING ARMED(M4,of course)BABES!!!!!!!:D

The Archangel
06-13-08, 10:55
COL PICS!! What's the euipment breakdown? Rifles? Pistols? Etc.? HOW ABOUT SOME HOT LOOKING ARMED(M4,of course)BABES!!!!!!!:D

Hey Division Dude. Aside from deploying to Iraq for Desert Storm, I was at Bragg for the most part of 88-92.

First of all, since I've seen some of your questions in the Optics forum, my optic of choice is obviously Aimpoint. Both are Aimpoints CompM3L's (my next optic will be a T-1 in Larue Mount).

SBR
LMT 10.5"
Daniel Defense 7.0 Omega Rail
Advanced Armament Corp M4-2000 Mod 7
KAC Grip
Penatgon Light
LMT Sopmod Stock
Tangodown Battlegrip
Aimpoint CompM3L in Larue Tactical LT-129 Mount (the one pictured below is a different LT mount)
Magpul PMags
MATECH Rear BUIS

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/128/11621/238331.jpg

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/128/11621/238329.jpg

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/128/11621/238332.jpg

Armor
Eagle Industries CIRAS Maritime (Issued)
SAPI Plates (Issued)
Specter Gear Shingle Mag Holders

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/128/11621/236428.jpg

Pistol & Belt
Glock 34 with LED Light (forgot the brand due to temporary brain-fart) :o
Safariland 6004 Holster made for light
Cheap ass S&W knive in Kydex holster that I bought at the PX (zip-tied to the holster).

The only hot woman in my life is my wife: here she is training. I started her off with iron sights to have her master the basics before she moves on to optics. After I let her use my Aimpoint, she's always asking for it now. Yes I know... she should have worn her eye-pro and I've eaten a lot crow for that that picture.

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/128/7770/216554.jpg

Triad Tactical
06-13-08, 20:09
You need to get your Hot Chick into some eye protection.

old grunt
06-14-08, 12:15
Hey Angel..nice set-up! Got some quality kit there. Noticed you said issued with some of the stuff.....still "in". Noticed your patch....20th Group? Just taking a guess. I served with 82d from 1983-86. Just got back from Iraq couple weeks ago. Went with Ga Army Guard. I'm an 11B in an MI unit. Supposed to cross-train as a "secret squirrel"(CI), but don't know. I'm 45 and have only been in GA since 8/06(minus the year on active-duty)so don't know if I'm up for a long school without getting "settled" first. On the gun-side of things ordering an LWRC(M6) this week. Don't have an AR yet. Own 2 1911(both purchased while at Bragg)and 2 Glocks from the job in NY(19 & 26). Like to keep it simple. Hope to get my wife into shooting. My 16 yr.old son loves it and can't wait for the rifle to arrive. Anyway THANKS for the "download"..hope to "talk" to you again soon. Later bro>>>>>>>>>>>>ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

geezerbutler
06-14-08, 21:32
Archangel....

nice pics from an OLD camera :D (According to EXIF Powershot Pro 1?)

Seriously....no atter the tool, excellent composition and DOF.

Thanks for sharing.....

I hope to bust out and give Stickman some competition soon.:p :p
with my non-p&s Canons.

Lately I am loving my wife's new Rebel XSI...It's so nice not to have a behemoth in your hand.

GEEZER

The Archangel
06-14-08, 22:46
Archangel....

nice pics from an OLD camera :D (According to EXIF Powershot Pro 1?)

Seriously....no atter the tool, excellent composition and DOF.

Thanks for sharing.....

I hope to bust out and give Stickman some competition soon.:p :p
with my non-p&s Canons.

Lately I am loving my wife's new Rebel XSI...It's so nice not to have a behemoth in your hand.

GEEZER

Impressive! The Powershot Pro 1 may be "old technology," but it still outshoots my current photography skill.

geezerbutler
06-14-08, 23:30
Impressive! The Powershot Pro 1 may be "old technology," but it still outshoots my current photography skill.

Hey I like Canon hands down.

The Point&Shoot I use is a Canon S80 that I bought in 2005. It broke after warranty and it is such a versatile camera I had it repaired at my expense.

It's one of the few true wide angle Canon P&S camera's.

I think I've still got my G2 gathering dust in a closet somewhere.

Put up some more stuff as you can.

I like the paint job on the SBR.

I don't know if I'll ever get that brave.

Right now I am refurbishing a 20mm ammo can a buddy gave me (it was full of ammo on top of that).

I swear I've got a couple of hours in it and $30 worth of paint.:confused:

Maybe I'll experiment once I get the base coat on. - Krylon ultra flat camo "Khaki"-

What do I do, go get some oak leaves, or use some kind of template?

Sorry to hijack..

GEEZER

The Archangel
06-15-08, 07:55
Geezer, I didn't want to put too much effort into using leaves, nets, or other patterns because I know that the paint will rub off, get scratched off, or get dinged on my guns. They will eventually have that worn, used look. If I want to make them pretty again, I can just spot paint them.

My technique is pretty simple. I use Rustoleum's Camoflage series and spray the intended portion with the tan. Once that dries `to the `touch (1 hour), I use the `brown in a sweeping motion until I get the desired look. I let that dry for 24 hours and use a MATTE clear coat as a protectant. The Clear coat makes the finish a little more glossy than I like (eventhough) it says MATTE, but it does make the paint less prone to rubbing, chipping off. It still gets "worn in," but not as easily.

old grunt
06-15-08, 09:21
Caught your response to my HSGI question. I guess I was right when I asked about you still being "in" and the 20th Group thing. I guess I still haven't lost all my law enforcement observation skills(lol)!!!! We have 19th in Alabama and Georgia is bringing in an SF unit(probably a batt from 19th) would love to help out in a support role. At 45 I'm too old for the SFAS and "Q" course thing, but I could still jump and hump. Do the Guard SF units have support people(like 11B's)who are NOT pogues??? Appreciate any advice from another "old Division dude"!!!! THANKS:)

bigtexan449
11-17-08, 23:53
hey The Archangel,
how did you get your knife mounted on the side of your rig?

AJ