PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July in Chicago; a Vet/CCW holder returns fire

Moose-Knuckle
07-07-14, 02:07
Well as America celebrated yet another long holiday weekend, the President's adopted home town erupted in violence AGAIN . . .

Veteran With Concealed Carry Permit Shoots Back At Chicago Gunman

As Mickiel opened fire on the group, the veteran took cover near the vehicle’s front fender, according to assistant state attorney Mary Hain, the Chicago Tribune reports.

The veteran fired two shots, hitting Mickiel both times.

Had Friday’s shooting occurred a little more than a year ago, the veteran would not have been legally permitted to conceal carry his firearm.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/06/veteran-with-concealed-carry-permit-shoots-back-at-chicago-gunman/

Abraxas
07-07-14, 04:50
Good for him. Wait, you mean the world didn't end when a good average citizen fired a gun in Chi town? But that would mean the politicians lied......

Alex V
07-07-14, 06:14
Ugh... People in Chiraq can CCW and im stuck playing the willing victim in NJ. Thanks SCOTUS. :-(

rocsteady
07-07-14, 09:47
Alex V, I am quite sure that NJ citizens in general are much safer with you being unable to carry...the skeet shooter said so and was backed up by shotgun joe, the gunrunner, et al.

I know for a fact that everyone there is safer now that I can't go to the public range at Ft. Dix and shoot my AR. Thank goodness for these very helpful anti-gun laws.

Seriously, I suppose we have to wait for NJ to get more like Chicago and maybe then things will change?

SteveS
07-07-14, 09:58
They be Obamas sons.

gunrunner505
07-07-14, 11:10
It only gets better. People in this city are animals.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/544/article/p2p-80736131/

Alex V
07-07-14, 11:36
Alex V, I am quite sure that NJ citizens in general are much safer with you being unable to carry...the skeet shooter said so and was backed up by shotgun joe, the gunrunner, et al.

I know for a fact that everyone there is safer now that I can't go to the public range at Ft. Dix and shoot my AR. Thank goodness for these very helpful anti-gun laws.

Seriously, I suppose we have to wait for NJ to get more like Chicago and maybe then things will change?

Was shooting our ARs with the wife there this weekend... then again, they are neutered NJ legal ARs with our awesome 15 round mags lol

T2C
07-07-14, 11:38
It only gets better. People in this city are animals.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/544/article/p2p-80736131/

The social experiment has failed.................

alvincullumyork
07-07-14, 12:26
I wonder how many of the shooters were caught...

I may ride a little fast and someday it may catch up and bite me in the ass but maybe not if I give it just a little more gas.

skydivr
07-07-14, 12:49
Humm....not a word on MM...wonder why?

gunrunner505
07-07-14, 12:51
The social experiment has failed.................
I say we take off....nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure......

Dienekes
07-07-14, 13:34
Yeah, the streets here ran with blood over the weekend, too.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-07-14, 14:56
Too bad this happened after the Colorado court case about the 15 round limit. Engaging three assailants and having to provide covering fire? Sweet Jesus, is one 17round back up mag enough.

South Side... didn't see that coming. Not.

Two shots, two hits. Nice shooting.

TriviaMonster
07-08-14, 00:48
They should round up all the gang members and out them on a boat. Then sink the boat. And animals gunrunner? I expect better from animals.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Moose-Knuckle
07-08-14, 02:52
No mention in the MSM about the Veteran who used his lawful CCW to save his life and the lives of his companions. Nope notta zelch but now we get this propaganda piece. . .

Chicago gun violence: The numbers shock, but the reasons are familiar
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2014/0707/Chicago-gun-violence-The-numbers-shock-but-the-reasons-are-familiar

It was the city’s highest concentration of gun violence this year, but in its wake it was ascribed to familiar suspected causes, depending on the source: inadequate policing, lax gun laws, and lack of economic opportunity.

So now that Chicago residents can finally exercise their Constitutional 2nd Amendment rights like the good Veteran did in the above story the propaganda machine is naming "lax gun laws" as a contributing factor in the black on black sectarian violence.

"In two separate incidents, Chicago police wounded five people and killed two teenagers that they said pointed weapons at them."

Ah hah! It must of been all those new "lax gun laws" that allowed these teens to purchase firearms to include handguns never mind you have to be 21 YOA to purchase a handgun.

“You are not getting a guy out of a gang until you bring him a job. They have got to find jobs,” he says. “A lot of these [social] programs probably have a small impact, and are probably worth doing, but in the long term, there needs to be sustainable employment for these guys.”

:lol: okay now they're just making my sides hurt! Like your going to get a bunch of welfare bums to actually report to a J O B and W O R K for a living. Amazing, both of my grandfathers packed their families up and moved across CONUS for jobs when there wasn't any where they lived. But hey, I guess it would have been easier for them to sit around and kill other people in their communities out of mere boredom.

Blame the police, blame the already asinine gun control laws in place, and blame the evil rich GOP 1%'ers for not wanting to open up any businesses in a warzone like Chiraq. Yup blame everyone and everything except for the **** 02 thieves who commit crime.

HeavyDuty
07-08-14, 08:19
No mention in the MSM about the Veteran who used his lawful CCW to save his life and the lives of his companions. Nope notta zelch but now we get this propaganda piece. . .

It actually got front page coverage in the Chicago Tribune with a very fair piece of reportage.

Moose-Knuckle
07-08-14, 14:44
It actually got front page coverage in the Chicago Tribune with a very fair piece of reportage.

Really, good to know. Not living there I don't normally follow the Tribune.

jpmuscle
07-08-14, 15:13

Chicago gun violence: The numbers shock, but the reasons are familiar
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2014/0707/Chicago-gun-violence-The-numbers-shock-but-the-reasons-are-familiar

So now that Chicago residents can finally exercise their Constitutional 2nd Amendment rights like the good Veteran did in the above story the propaganda machine is naming "lax gun laws" as a contributing factor in the black on black sectarian violence.

Ah hah! It must of been all those new "lax gun laws" that allowed these teens to purchase firearms to include handguns never mind you have to be 21 YOA to purchase a handgun.

:lol: okay now they're just making my sides hurt! Like your going to get a bunch of welfare bums to actually report to a J O B and W O R K for a living. Amazing, both of my grandfathers packed their families up and moved across CONUS for jobs when there wasn't any where they lived. But hey, I guess it would have been easier for them to sit around and kill other people in their communities out of mere boredom.

Blame the police, blame the already asinine gun control laws in place, and blame the evil rich GOP 1%'ers for not wanting to open up any businesses in a warzone like Chiraq. Yup blame everyone and everything except for the **** 02 thieves who commit crime.
Its not even legal economic opportunity or jobs though. I mean when the thugs can get 30k for a kilo of cocaine on the streets of chiraq a minimum wage job isn't all that attractive.

So once again shame on the moronic libs who keep peddling this social welfare, justice, crap..