07-11-14, 12:02
I really like the Leupold 1-6 multigun and will be
Possibly pulling the trigger on one in the next couple
Weeks. My question is has anyone really tested the
Durability of one of these scopes? How does the toughness
Stack up against other optics? Thanks in advance

BillSWPA
07-11-14, 16:34
For whatever it is worth, Leupold had a presence at one of the past NRA conventions wherein they displayed a rifle and scope that had seen some serious unintentional abuse, and still worked fine. It has been too long ago to be totally confident in my memory of the specifics, but I believe it involved a substantial fall and less than optimal landing.

dwhitehorne
07-12-14, 05:45
I've been testing a few VX-R Firedot circle scopes on patrol rifles at work for the past 18 months. Other than a dented scope cap and a rubber objective ring coming off, they are working fine. I just issued out 4 more in May and these went to officers that will have to store them in the station rifle racks when off duty. Those will really get bumped around a lot more. I am curious to see how they hold up. David

SeriousStudent
07-12-14, 12:44
I've been testing a few VX-R Firedot circle scopes on patrol rifles at work for the past 18 months. Other than a dented scope cap and a rubber objective ring coming off, they are working fine. I just issued out 4 more in May and these went to officers that will have to store them in the station rifle racks when off duty. Those will really get bumped around a lot more. I am curious to see how they hold up. David

I'd be very curious on your observations as well. I have a friend that is considering one of those optics. Thanks.

FlyingHunter
07-15-14, 20:55
I was an early adopter of the vx6, 1-6 red dot. I run one on a SCAR 17 and it has been perfect. The SCAR 17 has a reputation ( not sure if warranted or not ) as hard on scopes so I'd say I'm very pleased that's it's been GTG since mounting and many rounds later including hunting in the rain, bumped around hunting thick cover, riding in an ATV etc...I actually choose Leupold because of an old hunting scope issue i had many years ago and they repaired it to brand new -no hassles, no charge. That sealed me as long term Leupold customer.