PDA

View Full Version : September looms...

J-Dub
07-11-14, 17:56
I just got my new-to-me PSE DNA tuned up and ready to go. Got all my gear, just need to buy my tags (and do some scouting trips).

September is looming, anyone else gearing up for some early season archery?

Arkansas Bob
07-11-14, 18:39
This guy is!! Just picked up a few more bolts (yes i hunt with a crossbow) and a pack of Rage Hypodermics.

J-Dub
07-12-14, 06:23
This guy is!! Just picked up a few more bolts (yes i hunt with a crossbow) and a pack of Rage Hypodermics.

Nice, what kind of crossbow? Don't worry, I'm not a bow snob, matter of fact the only real reason I picked up a bow is for the better weather during bow season....and less people.

Arkansas Bob
07-12-14, 12:12
Barnett Recruit. Very light and compact, 16 inches axle to axle uncocked and about 12 cocked. 305 fps and quiet. I typically hunt from a summit viper SD and occasionally an old man and it is so much easier to hunt with than the Buck Commander even though it gives up some speed.
My last compound was a pre bowtech Diamond Machete.

kry226
07-12-14, 13:26
I'm rutting around the house but haven't started getting my gear ready yet. Will be headed to the woods with both an Elite Pulse and Excalibur Phoenix, depending on my mood and hunting situation.

Arkansas Bob
07-12-14, 17:00
Excalibur makes a nice bow.

mattiep321
07-14-14, 21:40
Retuned my Obsession LF2 and started shooting every night last week...can't believe in less than ten weeks ill be hunting deer again! I cant wait.

J-Dub
07-15-14, 20:35
I think its about 46 days til the start of the Elk season. Im going to try and do a few 3 and 4 day trips throughout September. This will be my first real effort at elk hunting (last year was spent doing more dicking around and drinking than hunting). I'm looking to backpack in and *try* to get away from the crowds.

Around mid august I'll be making a scouting trip to checkout a few spots I have in mind.

Im super pumped, this year I'm all in! (until bird season starts lol)

Berserkr556
09-11-14, 12:31
I'm ready for opening day. I hunt with a Raptor Archery Yew Longbow with cedar arrows tipped with 160gr. Magnus broadheads. I also have a flatbow and a old Howard Hill bow. If I could find a way to quit my job but still have a source of income I'd be in the woods every day.

Jwknutson17
09-11-14, 16:22
This year CO Archery season weekend #2. Was headed up today for the weekend but had to turn back around for work.. If it wasn't for dang work, I would have my bull already... I know bad excuse.. I shoot a Hoyt Carbon Matrix, and I use NAP HellRazor broadheads. Picture my father took while I was walking up into a clearing.

The bull I'm after. 6x6. Prob a little bigger then 300. Picture isn't that great. From an adjacent ridge, through the spotting scope, and then a screenshot of the picture.

J-Dub
10-01-14, 07:31
My buddy who is an excellent caller got us within 30yds of a couple of good bulls, but neither one of us could seal the deal...it was an awesome experience though.

fixit69
10-01-14, 08:32
I super hate you, man. I'm working straight through till after the first week of November.

My rifles and Matthews bow are wide open this year, and I can't take advantage. I'm itching badly...

MBtech
10-08-14, 20:36
I wish we could get out in Sept here and have a chance at a buck still in velvet!

Robin48
10-10-14, 23:04
No bow hunting for me this year due to recent heart surgery. Patiently awaiting muzzle loader season.

MBtech
10-10-14, 23:34
No bow hunting for me this year due to recent heart surgery. Patiently awaiting muzzle loader season.

Hate to hear that, hope you're doing well, best wishes on recovery and good health!
I had spine surgery in Oct 2005, missed bow, missed firearm, BUT... made up for it in late muzzleloader season
I hope that works for you too :)