PDA

View Full Version : Wood furniture for mossberg 500

Alweason
07-12-14, 18:08
Just bought a 500 persuader with synthetic stock and forearm but looking to put some real wood on it! Does anyone here know where I can find a stock and forearm??

williejc
07-12-14, 23:41
Call http://havlinsales.com. The owner is a Mossberg guru with many good deals. Most likely you'll need to buy the longer action bar/tube set to accommodate his really nice older wood. This setup is the same one found on the 590 series. Here you can buy the metal safety to replace the stock plastic one. The owner is very helpful and interesting to talk with. Shipping is prompt and very reasonable.

SeriousStudent
07-13-14, 00:20
Believe it or not, I've actually had quite good luck buying wooden shotgun furniture on eBay. I snagged a nice replacement stock for an 870 Police Magnum, and another stock for a Mossberg bird gun I helped a buddy refinish.

And they usually have a photo or two that you can examine. Good luck with your hunt.

Outlander Systems
07-13-14, 20:16
EBay for sure.

I just rat-****ed my wood stock, and was able to replace it on ebay.

Some advice:

It's been my experience that the majority of the wooden forends will only work with the 6 1/2" slide tube. The 7 5/8" slide tube *can* work, but you may need to get creative with glue, or find a way to secure the wooden section of the foregrip to the metal on the slide tube. If your wood is EXTREMELY snug, you might be able to pull it off, but I'd foresee there being slop in the tube, and you would find working the action to be a shit sammich if it ever loosened up.

The easiest route is to score a 6 1/2" tube and be done with it.