PDA

View Full Version : If you are going to carry a gun with a manual safety TRAIN with the manual safety.

one
07-13-14, 01:13
http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/riverdale-jonesboro/2014/07/10/armed-security-guard-jonesboro-armed-robbery-tara-blvd-boulevard/12444307/

SteyrAUG
07-13-14, 01:53
And what lesson did the security guard take away? "God was watching out for both of us."

Sigh. At least he isn't dead I guess.

Stating the obvious, but given that he watched the guy approaching the store wearing the scream mask not only should his safety have been dropped but the gun should have been low ready as the individual walked through the door (that is assuming he still hadn't seen the gun yet).

fixit69
07-13-14, 02:27
Well, as I am going to bed, I have to say I am glad the guard is not dead and the fact

That this asshole is not dead perplexes me to no end...

Dead Man
07-13-14, 04:19
Train? He probably fires his 60 rounds every two years to re-certify, and that's about it.

Should have kept the Glock.

I am glad everyone survived un-perforated. Hopefully the perpetrator will reconsider his lifestyle choices.

Crow Hunter
07-13-14, 13:08
Looks like he dropped his magazine as well. Is that what he picked up from the floor after standing up. It is hard to see. But it looks like a magazine to me.

I think he would honestly be better off with a revolver.

SteyrAUG
07-13-14, 13:17
Train? He probably fires his 60 rounds every two years to re-certify, and that's about it.

Should have kept the Glock.

I am glad everyone survived un-perforated. Hopefully the perpetrator will reconsider his lifestyle choices.

The perpetrator will likely just move on to elderly victims.

Outlander Systems
07-13-14, 19:13
And what lesson did the security guard take away? "God was watching out for both of us."

Sigh. At least he isn't dead I guess.

Stating the obvious, but given that he watched the guy approaching the store wearing the scream mask not only should his safety have been dropped but the gun should have been low ready as the individual walked through the door (that is assuming he still hadn't seen the gun yet).

Ezzackly.

Last night there was some Shitbird acting either crazy, or on drugs, in the parking lot of the store my wife and I were at.

She did a great job, without speaking, I handed her the bags, and with the other hand, dropped the safety on my Colt. She started moving to the car, and I covered our asses. I figured he'd have to get through me first.

If you have even the hint that things could go south, drop your safety before it escalates. For me, the safety is there for the 99.9% of the time I'm carrying when nothing is happening.

My wife and I survived, and the crackhead didn't end up perforated.

Safety back on, in the truck, and on our merry way we went.