PDA

View Full Version : M&P Pro issue...any ideas?

D.O.A.F.S.
07-14-14, 13:16
Hopefully you guys can help me out because I'm at wits end with this thing. A brief history of the gun, it was new in box, Smith test fired it 3/17/2014, and it now has 600 rounds through it. Not that it matters but I'm not a guy that only shoots 50 to 100 rounds a year, I shoot IDPA and Steel Shoots every month with my son and practice twice a week. I have 5 other M&P's that have thousands of rounds through them with zero issues. I've installed Apex sears and striker blocks in all my M&P's including the Pro. From the get go the Pro shot 4 inches low at ten yards and had very weak extraction, brass literally landed at your right foot. Installing a shorter Dawson f/o front site fixed the point of impact issue. Which just leaves the weak extraction issue. Next at the advice of some trusted individuals I installed the green recoil spring assembly which made no difference with the extraction issue but did make a huge difference in felt recoil. Now, I just returned from the range after installing one of Apex's extractors and it made a difference for sure, now the brass hits me in the face, so the stock extractor will go back in. Anyone have any ideas or experience a similar issue? I know I can call Smith and send it back for warranty but I would rather that be a last resort.

SkyLine1
07-14-14, 13:31
You can tune the extractor. Apex has a video on the area to to modify in the install video IIRC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

RWH24
07-17-14, 13:25
Try This...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzHC36DvUHM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8V9JskuqXg

D.O.A.F.S.
07-20-14, 10:30
A quick update... Yesterday I removed the Apex Extractor (again I LOVE Apex products and did not remove for any other reason then for if it has to go back to Smith its out) and went to the range. I also took my other 9mm M&P along and swapped the slides around, thinking maybe(a long shot) the ejector was the problem, no difference. After swapping the slides back around I put another 300 rounds through it , and as the round count increased it did seem to improve. With that I am a little optimistic, between practice this week and a local steel shoot Saturday it should have another 500-600 rounds through it and I'll post an update. Also Thanks guys for the suggestions and video links.