PDA

View Full Version : Sold the stag I have a colt on order

Skar
07-16-14, 11:29
Ok guys I do listen ( to late sometimes )
I sold the stag and have on order A Colt
LE6920 magpul MOE

I did not lose any money on the stag
Only time on paperwork ordering and so on.

Follow up questions to come.

Airhasz
07-16-14, 11:34
Con grads on the Colt:cool:
Where did you find the best deal.

Skar
07-16-14, 11:59
http://www.cdnnsports.com/6920mp-223-le-moe-bl-fde-16-fl.html#.U8auodm9LCQ
CDNN
Lot of guys here seem to like them.
Free gun case and 4 mags ? If they are any good.
Also Carhart free jacket

$949

six8
07-16-14, 12:00
Shoulda went BCM [emoji1]

Skar
07-16-14, 12:13
LOL
I already have to kiss the wife's ass
On the colt
Funny thing is I sold the stag to a guy
At work for 150 more then I paid for it.

Zim
07-16-14, 12:21
Got tired of trying to justify the stag already, huh?

gtboy2k
07-16-14, 12:24
LE6920 magpul MOE

Congrats sir!

223to45
07-16-14, 12:26
http://www.cdnnsports.com/6920mp-223-le-moe-bl-fde-16-fl.html#.U8auodm9LCQ
CDNN
Lot of guys here seem to like them.
Free gun case and 4 mags ? If they are any good.
Also Carhart free jacket

$949

Have to say that seems like a good deal to me.

NeoNeanderthal
07-16-14, 12:29
The colt is a great gun. However, the MSAR mags it comes do not instill confidence. If you are having issues i would ditch those ASAP for pmags or good usgi ones. Sweet deal though, could always use the crap mags for malfunction training if they suck.

SiGfever
07-16-14, 12:31
Congratulations. You will not be disappointed with the Colt. The case, mags, and jacket are icing on the cake. Not that it matters but the fit and finish on my LE6920MP-B are excellent and the upper to lower fit is rock solid. I would use the four additional mags only for range use and get more Pmags.

Stickman
07-16-14, 12:33
The colt is a great gun. However, the MSAR mags it comes do not instill confidence.

Colt uses MSAR magazines now? When did that start?

Skar
07-16-14, 12:36
Will do on the mags
That was one of my questions.

SiGfever
07-16-14, 12:41

The Colt comes with one Pmag. CDNNSports includes a rifle case and the four extra MSAR mags.

carolvs
07-16-14, 13:01
Congrats on the upgrade.

cwgibson
07-16-14, 13:06
I can certainly relate with your situation. I bought a stag on the advice of the lgs. I never had any trouble with it, but six months or so later I found this site. I knew I would be better off long term with a colt so I sold it and got a 6920. BCM is pretty much what I shoot now, but I still love my colt.

grunz
07-16-14, 13:47
Now everyone here will like you. You can sit at our table during lunch lunch and recess. Yay!

Airhasz
07-16-14, 13:49
Now everyone here will like you. You can sit at our table during lunch lunch and recess. Yay!

Stag owner?

grunz
07-16-14, 14:43
Stag owner?

No, my daddy bought bought me a Noveske.

weez440
07-16-14, 17:01
congrats! my lgs talked me into a dpms and i ran it for about 6 months and found this site, i sold it and now have 2 bcm's. best thing i did for my ar obsession was find this site but the worst for my pocketbook.

NeoNeanderthal
07-16-14, 17:31

That'd be pretty strange hunh?

Tomac
07-16-14, 18:39
Will do on the mags
That was one of my questions.

My son's LE6920 from CDNN came w/the 4 MSAR mags. I've done limited testing and so far they seem reliable but IMHO they're relegated to range use only.
Tomac

Skar
07-16-14, 19:22
Now that I have (in the mail) colt with the front sight post I will be in need For a red dot .
Instead of a 1-4 scope . One that will co witness nicely. Eotech or Aimpoint seem to be preferred.
They both offer a lot of different models . Which would you guys recommend Of each brand . I did a
search & information over load . Also on the aimpoints what mount ? If needed . ? Magnifier in the future.

I am not a LEO HD / range gun
Thank you for your support.

Nightstalker865
07-16-14, 19:34
Now that I have (in the mail) colt with the front sight post I will be in need For a red dot .
Instead of a 1-4 scope . One that will co witness nicely. Eotech or Aimpoint seem to be preferred.
They both offer a lot of different models . Which would you guys recommend Of each brand . I did a
search & information over load . Also on the aimpoints what mount ? If needed . ? Magnifier in the future.

I am not a LEO HD / range gun
Thank you for your support.

For the money, the AimPoint Pro can't be beat. If you have the extra funds look at the T1/H1 AimPoints as well. They are my preference over the Pro, but if you are on a tighter budget the Pro is an excellent optic for the money.

If you need something cheaper than the Pro, I would look at the Vortex SPARC II. For a $200 optic that thing is fantastic. I certainly wouldn't choose one over an AimPoint product but if I was extremely limited on funds, I wouldn't hesitate to run one for awhile.

Congrats on the purchase of the 6920, you will be very pleased with your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skar
07-16-14, 19:43
For the money, the AimPoint Pro can't be beat. If you have the extra funds look at the T1/H1 AimPoints as well. They are my preference over the Pro, but if you are on a tighter budget the Pro is an excellent optic for the money.

If you need something cheaper than the Pro, I would look at the Vortex SPARC II. For a $200 optic that thing is fantastic. I certainly wouldn't choose one over an AimPoint product but if I was extremely limited on funds, I wouldn't hesitate to run one for awhile.

Congrats on the purchase of the 6920, you will be very pleased with your decision.

Thanks

Airhasz
07-16-14, 19:48
AP Pro comes with QD mount. The mount is good to go although many upgrade to http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-tactical-cantilever-compm2-lt-129 which a magnifier can fit behind if you ever decide to run one. Also you can run a 1x4 scope with a FSB, many do it. For my money I'd shave the FSB, slide a KM handguard over it and add a folding front sight.

SiGfever
07-16-14, 19:48
An Aimpoint PRO for best bang for the buck or a T1/H1 for a lighter weight, higher end model. The PRO has a turn it on and three years later replace a single battery (constant on), the T1/H1 has a five year battery life and both are waterproof. The PRO and T1 are night vision capable.

thebarracuda
07-16-14, 20:00
Nightstalker summed it up well. I run an aimpoint h1 with american defense quick detach, lower 1/3 cowitness mount on my 6920. I bought this setup so i could move it to other rifles as i wish. I am so happy i went with lower 1/3 cowitness. I really love the sight picture, but was very hesitant about it vs absolute cowitness. Ive found my fears were for not as it really works great. I have used a pro also, which is what sold me on a red dot. The question is, how important is the $200 difference to you? Because they are both great red dots and will serve you well. I just prefer the smaller size/weight the micros offer.

ScatmanCrothers
07-16-14, 20:15
Start thread to get praise for Stag
Get criticized
Take criticism very poorly
Take it personally enough to buy a Colt
Start new thread to get that praise

I hate the internet sometimes.

jackblack73
07-16-14, 21:08
Start thread to get praise for Stag
Get criticized
Take criticism very poorly
Take it personally enough to buy a Colt
Start new thread to get that praise

I hate the internet sometimes.
You missed the first part:

Start thread asking for opinions re Stag.
Receive advice that there are better options to buy instead of Stag.
Ignore advice.
Buy Stag anyway.

At least he made money when he sold it... :p

LoveAR
07-16-14, 21:18
Aimpoint T1 or H1. Pay once, cry once. Fast acquisition of target but not a bench shooter.

azcarbine
07-16-14, 23:48
So whats so wrong with a stag that I should ditch mine and conform to your standards and buy a colt thats overpriced any way. I mean they all go bang right???

cwgibson
07-16-14, 23:55
So whats so wrong with a stag that I should ditch mine and conform to your standards and buy a colt thats overpriced any way. I mean they all go bang right???

I could say a lot about this, but this is not overpriced.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=6920

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Airhasz
07-16-14, 23:56
"Troll Alert"

cwgibson
07-16-14, 23:57
"Troll Alert"

With that as a first post there is no doubt.

azcarbine
07-17-14, 00:09
Wow

Leaveammoforme
07-17-14, 00:18
With that as a first post there is no doubt.

Or maybe he just bought a stag from a co-worker.

Col_Crocs
07-17-14, 01:14
Leaveammoforme for the win. :)

Skar
07-17-14, 06:27
:D
LMAO

wildcard600
07-17-14, 07:24
"Attention associates: We need assistance with the butthurt on aisle 5"

Fly8791
07-17-14, 16:04
Instead of a 1-4 scope . .

Huh?
You do know that a regular fixed front sight base won't interfere with a magnified optic right?

Anyway glad you have a Colt.

SiGfever
07-17-14, 17:11
OP,
Sorry I gave you grief over the Stag. You asked for advice, didn't take it, bought the Stag and saw first hand what others were talking about. You obviously realized that you made a mistake and luckily were able to sell the Stag for a profit. Everyone here (if you haven't, please step forward) has made bad decisions on firearms when we should have taken others advice. Now that you have the Colt coming it is a rifle that you can be proud of and will serve you well. There are better rifles than the Colt, but for the money it is a tough one to beat. So now that you are not a virgin anymore with a second purchase under your belt you can start dreaming about your "Next AR". Damn this addiction. The older I get the more that I realize "the wanting is better than the having". Enjoy the journey.

Skar
07-17-14, 19:05
Huh?
You do know that a regular fixed front sight base won't interfere with a magnified optic right?

Anyway glad you have a Colt.

Thank you ( i'm excited)

Yes that is what I read here ....a 1-4 scope will not co witness with the front sight .
But a red dot will . ? How about a red dot with a magnifier.

Does this apply to acog also ? They are out of my price range I think .

I screwed up on the stag I want to get the optic right the first time .
Thanks for all your input.

LewP
07-17-14, 19:36
There are a number of ways to have a scope and BUIS. Many people use a QD mount for their scope. This allows the scope to be removed if it fails and allows the rear BUIS (and presumably front BUIS if needed) to be deployed.

For those with a scope but no FSB/fixed front sight another alternative is to mount an offset front and rear BUIS. This allows the scope to remain fixed but typically requires tilting the rifle to use the BUIS.

Yet another alternative is to mount a small backup reflex sight on top of the scope. And finally you can mount an offset red dot or reflex sight instead of a front and rear BUIS.

I'm sure there are more options but I'm can't think of them now ;)

Skar
07-17-14, 19:53
So it looks like I should replace the gas bus A frame sight ( or what ever you call it .... Newbie)
With a gas block that will take a fold down sight . Thats why I got the stag (lol)
But the more I read here maybe I should stick with a Aimpoint. And co witness.
I don't see me ever shooting over 200 meters and for HD a red dot would be better.

What do you think .

el_chupo_
07-17-14, 20:09
With the red dot, leave the front sight post in place.
Get a lower 1/3 co-witness mount for your red dot. This will put the dot a bit above the front sight post so it wont be in your way looking at the target.
Shoot a bunch, knowing it will hit a target, but it wont be "one hole" rifle with a red dot.

If you find the need for a longer rail, you will have a few options, but that is not needed unless you want it. If you do, you can simply shave the front sight post (cut off the triangle part on the top, and shave it down) so you can get a rail over it, and then you can worry about a fold down front sight.

The Aimpoint PRO is hard to beat at the $375-400 price range. The Vortex Sparc was mentioned at the $200 price range, and the Aimpoint H1/T1 goes up to the $600+ range.

If you dont want to spend that much right now, or need to wait, you will not be in any trouble learning to use the sights that come on the gun.

Have fun.

Col_Crocs
07-17-14, 20:25
There seems to be a little confusion here so let's reel this back in for a bit...
What Fly8791 was saying was that an FSB (gas bus A frame sight, as you refer to), does not interfere with a magnified optic. It'll be there but it will not hinder your use of it. It bothers some and it doesn't others. It didn't bother me in my short time behind this set up. Hence, you don't need to remove the FSB to run this set up. It will not, however, co-witness as you touched on but neither will a basic flip up, thus, you'll need to do one of the things LewP suggests. A magnifier behind an RDS will not co-witness either but you can flick it out of the way if you need to switch to your BUIS. That's the difference.
Now, with that out of the way, let's take all options off the table and first determine what it is you intend to do with your weapon. You state HD and not shooting beyond 200 meters and you're right, an RDS is more than sufficient for that but if I may suggest, since you're new to all this, hold off on getting one until you have more time behind the gun. Run your irons and determine your needs and preferences and use that to make an informed decision on an optic, mount and other accessories.

Fly8791
07-17-14, 20:27
Skar you will be fine. The fixed front sight base on the Colt will work with a red dot to co-witness.

My point was when you use a magnified optic (like a 1-4 power scope or an ACOG) it "zooms past" the front sight and won't appear in the field of view in the scope. *edit*(yes basicaly what Col Crocs said)

FYI, I run a TA11 (3.5 power ACOG) on a rifle with a fixed front sight with zero issues.

scooter22
07-17-14, 20:34
LE6920 magpul MOE

I honestly can't help laughing at you.

Zim
07-17-14, 21:00
With a gas block that will take a fold down sight . Thats why I got the stag (lol)

No one said that. Replacing the FSP with a low profile gas block (or shaving the FSP) and putting a new, longer rail on is vastly superior to a railed gas block (what you said).

Airhasz
07-17-14, 22:55
You can get both the AP and a 1x4 scope with quick disconnect return to zero mounts, way you can switch back and forth between the two optics for precision or home defense type shooting. It's the best of both worlds IMHO. Then you will want a KM Handguard, KAC micro sights, Giessele SD trigger, better stock, grip, sling with QDs and have thousands of dollars in you rifle like the rest of us. Oh and I forgot, you will also want thousands of rounds of ammo, a box of magazines and a nice gun vault to store it all in. $10k should cover it all.

Skar
07-18-14, 04:30
10 k ...... I will shoot it as is for now. Aimpoint pro looking better all the time.
Will the mount that it comes with be ok to co wittiness ? (1/3)
I see some of you change them out.

tgizzard
07-18-14, 04:53
I honestly can't help laughing at you.

This.

RMiller
07-18-14, 07:20
OP,
Sorry I gave you grief over the Stag. You asked for advice, didn't take it, bought the Stag and saw first hand what others were talking about. You obviously realized that you made a mistake and luckily were able to sell the Stag for a profit. Everyone here (if you haven't, please step forward) has made bad decisions on firearms when we should have taken others advice. Now that you have the Colt coming it is a rifle that you can be proud of and will serve you well. There are better rifles than the Colt, but for the money it is a tough one to beat. So now that you are not a virgin anymore with a second purchase under your belt you can start dreaming about your "Next AR". Damn this addiction. The older I get the more that I realize "the wanting is better than the having". Enjoy the journey.

I think many of you should pay attention to this^^^^

10 k ...... I will shoot it as is for now. Aimpoint pro looking better all the time.
Will the mount that it comes with be ok to co wittiness ? (1/3)
I see some of you change them out.

I'm glad to see you opened your eyes brother. The Aimpoint PRO will be Cowittness, but the red dot is still useable above the front sight block. LOWER 1/3 would be better though.

For a hd weapon, your first priority should be a white light and good sling. After that ammo and professional training. Remember, you'd be usingng that "tool" to defend your life (and your loved ones life), it's best to know how to use it properly. I've done it, many here have taken professional training, and we're better for it. I know the red dot and other stuff sound cool, but if I were given the choice between an optic and training/ammo I'd go the later every time.

Zim
07-18-14, 08:09
10 k ......

The gun is always the inexpensive part. Unless you don't actually plan to shoot, then carry on.

Skar
07-18-14, 10:03
Thanks guys. Good info,

Chipper78
07-18-14, 10:18
Hey congrats on the Colt. I know you've been swamped with good advice and your head is probably spinning from it all. I'll just make a small simple suggestion, before you get caught up with all the different add ons and doodads buy some good mags and ammo and shoot the thing. After I got mine I got all caught up in accessorizing it and didn't take time to shoot it and get to "know" the rifle. It'd be a shame to spend all that money on the rifle and not use it because you're spending so much time trying to improve it. Yes you should get a red dot, yes you should get a light and sling but don't let not having that stuff keep you from using and learning your gun. Btw GnR has good deals on bulk ammo and they have fast shipping. Just my two cents. Enjoy.

Skar
07-18-14, 10:41
Hey congrats on the Colt.

Thanks I already have 750 rounds of lake city 62gr
My first order will be a few more magpul mags .
Are the ones with the window worth the extra 2-3 bucks
I would think so.
Then a light and mount.
A guy I work with says he has a never been used eoteck exps3
1/3 co witness Did not give me a price yet . what do you guys
Think of the exps3 and fair price . Says he has had it for over a
Year on his H&K but has never fired it.

LTMattyL
07-18-14, 18:16
If the EOTECH is $550 or less, then yes, it is a good deal. As for whether or not you should buy it, read the multitude of aimpoint vs EOTECH threads that abound on this site and decide for yourself.

Zim
07-18-14, 20:01
Make sure you look through it first. The 65 MOA ring mushrooms out horribly with an astigmatism.

Skar
07-18-14, 20:06
If the EOTECH is $550 or less, then yes, it is a good deal. As for whether or not you should buy it, read the multitude of aimpoint vs EOTECH threads that abound on this site and decide for yourself.

I will do that.

Toecheese
07-18-14, 20:08
Shoulda went BCM [emoji1]

This^^

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac275/tyhockstaff/grape-kool-aid-demotivational-poster-1237952402_zps43d4272b.jpg (http://s907.photobucket.com/user/tyhockstaff/media/grape-kool-aid-demotivational-poster-1237952402_zps43d4272b.jpg.html)

Skar
07-18-14, 20:09
Make sure you look through it first. The 65 MOA ring mushrooms out horribly with an astigmatism.

Thanks for the warning. I have a astigmatism hopefully glasses will correct it.

Berserkr556
07-19-14, 12:25
LE6920 magpul MOE

A most excellent choice my Brother.

Skar
07-21-14, 19:05
Colt landed today . Looks like a better finish then the stag . Have to take her down and clean her up this weekend.
The owners manual only shows a one-year warranty I was surprised to see this. Going to sell the 4
MSAR mags that CDNN Gave me (ebay) and stick with magpul . The eoteck the guy at work had was not a exps3 I said no thanks . Now I think I will save up for the Larue / aimpoint pro combo that larue sells .

Leaveammoforme
07-21-14, 19:25
Colt landed today . Looks like a better finish then the stag . Have to take her down and clean her up this weekend.
The owners manual only shows a one-year warranty I was surprised to see this. Going to sell the 4
MSAR mags that CDNN Gave me (ebay) and stick with magpul . The eoteck the guy at work had was not a exps3 I said no thanks . Now I think I will save up for the Larue / aimpoint pro combo that larue sells .

I would pass on any 'Eoteck' regardless of model.

wildcard600
07-21-14, 19:59
I would pass on trying to sell those mags on Ebay if they are full capacity (30 rounders) good way to get your ebay/paypal account terminated.

Have fun with that colt ! :)

SiGfever
07-21-14, 20:46
Glad the rifle is what you expected. I would just use the mags for the range and training, if they screw-up it will make for good failure drills. I am very happy with my Aimpoint PRO but will one day replace it with a T1 or a T2. And yes, NO ebay!

threefeathers
07-21-14, 21:44
A most excellent choice my Brother.

I have to agree with you on this one. I have 4 Colts for a reason, they work.

gt40
07-21-14, 23:46
Last fall I bought a new Colt LE6920 M4 and put a Bushnell AR/223 scope with 4.5-18x40mm zoom and like it very much. It only shot MOA and I am an accuracy nut so I put a Geissele SSA-E triggering it. Then this spring I ordered a WOA 18" complete upper with 1 in 7" twist and had it fluted. Now I am extremely happy because I have shot .375" five shot 100 yd. groups.

The target was the very first group I shot after two to sight in the scope. I was shooting my hunting loads from last falls deer season. After this I shot Sierra 69 gr. Match Kings which shot much smaller groups.

I also added a CUSTOM TURRET LABEL.

http://customturretsystems.com

Skar
07-22-14, 17:42
OK now I think I can guess why not to sell the mags on Ebay ...? must be the 30 round capacity.
I don't see any other 30 rounder's listed . Thank for the heads up.

tgizzard
07-22-14, 19:04
how is this thread still going? Eh well; glad you bought a gun, sold it, then bought a better one and what not.. Just go shoot it now!!

RMiller
07-22-14, 20:58
Skar,

I'd either throw them up for sale on an EE on a gun forum, or maybe gun broker, or just keep then as range mags.

For serious use, I'd stick with pmags, lancers, or even quality usgi mags.

10MMGary
07-22-14, 23:10
LOL
I already have to kiss the wife's ass
On the colt
Funny thing is I sold the stag to a guy
At work for 150 more then I paid for it.

Pretty sad when you ""have to" kiss the wife's ass"(personally I enjoy kissing my wife's ass as she has a killer ass)and even more sad when you think it is okay to sell a co-worker a used gun you were some how convinced was not good enough to do the menial task you would ever need it to do at $150.00 dollars more than you paid for it. So in closing, are you normally forced to kiss your wife's ass to acquire a commodity(if so you may want to thing about getting a different wife),and do you normally take advantage of your co-workers and then brag about it online, if so you may want to rethink youself. BTW I own multiple Colt M-4s as well multiple Stag/CMT carbines along with a PSA and a DD M4gery. I have a feeling you would not be able to utilize any of them to their maximum.

Airhasz
07-23-14, 01:57
Damn Gary...a little BH:confused:

Skar
07-23-14, 04:25
Pretty sad when you ""have to" kiss the wife's ass"(personally I enjoy kissing my wife's ass as she has a killer ass)and even more sad when you think it is okay to sell a co-worker a used gun you were some how convinced was not good enough to do the menial task you would ever need it to do at $150.00 dollars more than you paid for it. So in closing, are you normally forced to kiss your wife's ass to acquire a commodity(if so you may want to thing about getting a different wife),and do you normally take advantage of your co-workers and then brag about it online, if so you may want to rethink youself. BTW I own multiple Colt M-4s as well multiple Stag/CMT carbines along with a PSA and a DD M4gery. I have a feeling you would not be able to utilize any of them to their maximum.

It's called sarcasm! I'm working on her for a new truck this week.
The guy at work ask me to sell it to him ...he did not want a paper trail so he said. (He came to me)
You need to get a grip! Take a pill . Wow

Iraqgunz
07-23-14, 05:38
And that's a wrap folks.