PDA

View Full Version : “No illeagles [sic] here. No undocumented Democrats,” is hate crime?

platoonDaddy
07-16-14, 11:39
Talk about Thought Police, hopefully this commander isn't speaking for all MDSP Barracks!

“No illeagles [sic] here. No undocumented Democrats,” the graffiti said in capital letters, according to the Carroll County Times (county in Maryland).

Lt. Patrick McCrory, commander of the state police Westminster barracks, said the message likely went up Saturday night or early Sunday. He said he considered the message to be a hate crime.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/15/md-police-investigate-no-undocumented-democrats-gr/

Located a segment on Fox News from the County Commissioner of Carroll County: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6Niyrqjtbgk

yellowfin
07-16-14, 11:45
He doesn't like people pointing out the truth. It's really disgusting how often police in anti gun states are so blatantly in bed politically with the party machine.

SteyrAUG
07-16-14, 12:07
I consider his belief that the graffiti is a hate crime, to be a hate crime itself. If only I had powers of arrest to enforce my beliefs the way he does.

fixit69
07-16-14, 12:14
Graffiti and someone's opinion are now hate crimes now?

Interesting times we are in...

SteyrAUG
07-16-14, 12:32
The biggest absurdity of "thought crimes" is context. The above could just as easily be satire as in "Nope...we have no illegals here, no undocumented democrats." Given the proximity to D.C. it could be political satire and quite honestly should be covered by first amendment not only as free speech but as a petition of Government for a redress of grievances.

ABNAK
07-16-14, 14:22
Oh, that would be one jury I'd LOVE to be on! Vandalism is the only thing that would get my nod. Hate crime? NOT GUILTY!!!

That O'Malley is an idiot using the Left's usual knee-jerk, emotional WAAHH!!! Sending kids back to their death, huh? Seems to me the comment about undocumented Democrats is spot fvcking on.

J-Dub
07-16-14, 14:38
Shouldve went with "act of terrorism". Then everyone would be gung-ho to hang'em high....

chadbag
07-16-14, 15:42
"Hate Crime" is one step towards tyranny. Phoniest "crime" there is.

kwelz
07-16-14, 15:51
Beating someone because they are gay, black, Hispanic, Christian, whatever. That is a hate crime arnd should be treated as such. This is just graffiti.

platoonDaddy
07-16-14, 15:53
The biggest absurdity of "thought crimes" is context. The above could just as easily be satire as in "Nope...we have no illegals here, no undocumented democrats." Given the proximity to D.C. it could be political satire and quite honestly should be covered by first amendment not only as free speech but as a petition of Government for a redress of grievances.

AMEN!

I don't live in Carroll County, BUT as far as I know he is the first county Commissioner (Richard Rothschild) in the US to instruct all cabinet members not to provide: translation service, social services etc. It is just a matter of time before the wanna-be boy gov of MD on a POTUS quest and Rothschild are toe-to-toe on illegal immigration. My monies are on Rothschild.

chadbag
07-16-14, 15:53
Beating someone because they are gay, black, Hispanic, Christian, whatever. That is a hate crime arnd should be treated as such. This is just graffiti.

NO. NO NO NO NO NO.

Beating someone is a crime. The justification the beater uses in his mind to make him want to do something is irrelevant. Someone who is beaten for his wallet is just a beaten as someone beaten because he is the wrong color. Assault is the crime.

SteyrAUG
07-16-14, 16:10
"Hate Crime" is one step towards tyranny. Phoniest "crime" there is.

Long time, no see. Glad to see ya posting again. And ironically I think the last country with "thought crimes" was Imperial Japan.

SteyrAUG
07-16-14, 16:13

Do you honestly believe there is any degree of difference between assaulting somebody because they are [insert random race here] and assaulting them because a person is simply indifferent to another person and is willing to assault them for personal gain?

SteyrAUG
07-16-14, 16:14
NO. NO NO NO NO NO.

Beating someone is a crime. The justification the beater uses in his mind to make him want to do something is irrelevant. Someone who is beaten for his wallet is just a beaten as someone beaten because he is the wrong color. Assault is the crime.

Complete agreement. When a black man is in the ICU and he finds out he wasn't beaten because of racial hatred, it's not going to make him feel any better.

chadbag
07-16-14, 16:15
Long time, no see. Glad to see ya posting again. And ironically I think the last country with "thought crimes" was Imperial Japan.

I may or may not be able to stick around a lot, at the moment, but I try and stick my head in when I can. I've lurked a bunch off and on over the last year. Been working for a startup the last 13 months and been very busy between that, kids' school, and other things that take 200% of my time.

Besides the US, which has resurrected "thought crimes", I would think plenty of other more recent places have similar bogus things. Soviet Union is probably in the list?

Anyway, "hate crime" is phony and is as I said, just another step towards tyranny.

Moose-Knuckle
07-16-14, 16:29
Beating someone because they are gay, black, Hispanic, Christian, whatever. That is a hate crime arnd should be treated as such.

If only this was true concerning cases where the victims are white.

Moose-Knuckle
07-16-14, 16:30
I may or may not be able to stick around a lot, at the moment, but I try and stick my head in when I can. I've lurked a bunch off and on over the last year. Been working for a startup the last 13 months and been very busy between that, kids' school, and other things that take 200% of my time.

Good to see you posting chadbag!

Moose-Knuckle
07-16-14, 16:32
Talk about Thought Police, hopefully this commander isn't speaking for all MDSP Barracks!

“No illeagles [sic] here. No undocumented Democrats,” the graffiti said in capital letters, according to the Carroll County Times (county in Maryland).

Lt. Patrick McCrory, commander of the state police Westminster barracks, said the message likely went up Saturday night or early Sunday. He said he considered the message to be a hate crime.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/15/md-police-investigate-no-undocumented-democrats-gr/

Located a segment on Fox News from the County Commissioner of Carroll County: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6Niyrqjtbgk

I wonder what color Lt. McCory's skin is? He assumed who ever spayed that message was white. Glad he knows so much about the perps already . . . its really amazing.

No.6
07-16-14, 17:04
If I hate hate crimes, is that a hate crime? Conversely if I don't hate, but disagree, is that a "disagree" crime? And if they are both "thought crimes" then if I should pummel someone's mind just with my thoughts would they have to show a bruised brain to prove I've assaulted them?

Straight Shooter
07-16-14, 18:03
[QUOTE=chadbag;1951158]NO. NO NO NO NO NO.

Beating someone is a crime. The justification the beater uses in his mind to make him want to do something is irrelevant. Someone who is beaten for his wallet is just a beaten as someone beaten because he is the wrong color. Assault is the crime

DAMN RIGHT. Im SICK of elevating the criminal status of a crime just because of the race or religion or whatever of the victim.
More PC BULLSHIT we've been indoctrinated with.

SteyrAUG
07-16-14, 19:03
To anyone who really supports the notion of hate crimes.

What happens if a mixed race person who "looks" white assaults a mixed race person who "looks" black? Even though they are essentially identical as far as notions of "race" are concerned one perceived another to be different? So is that a hate crime?

And if that constitutes a hate crime, what about a white person who identifies with black people and hates other white people? If that white person assaults another white person out of racial hatred, is that a hate crime as well?

Moose-Knuckle
07-16-14, 19:06
DAMN RIGHT. Im SICK of elevating the criminal status of a crime just because of the race or religion or whatever of the victim.
More PC BULLSHIT we've been indoctrinated with.

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." ~ George Orwell Animal Farm

SOWT
07-16-14, 19:09

I thought China and the Soviet Union had a version.

jmoney
07-16-14, 19:28
NO. NO NO NO NO NO.

I agree.

Hate crimes are quite possibly one of the most asinine legal concepts we see over and over again on the news.

There is no racial element until we are forced to read one in. People are allowed to be motivated to injure someone for any reason except for one based on race, gender, religion, sexual orientation?

Just flat out stupid.

SteyrAUG
07-16-14, 19:31
I thought China and the Soviet Union had a version.

Certainly possible. In Japan you could actually get arrested for "thoughts", no accompanying crime necessary. Not sure what the criteria in China or the USSR actually was.