PDA

View Full Version : Time To Update Your SureFire 6P Flashlight...

SteyrAUG
07-16-14, 19:55
So for years I've been running a SF 6P and love it. I upgraded the 65 lumen lamp to a P61 120 lumens lamp assembly.

Recently I picked up a SF 6PX Tactical and WOW. What a difference 320 lumens makes. Pretty affordable at around $60 (same price as a standard 6P) and has a run time that is twice as long as my old 6P.

They also offer a 1000 lumen P3X Fury if you are willing to spend a couple hundred bucks on a flash light.

Big A
07-16-14, 20:18
I'm sorry to do this to you Steyr:
http://www.malkoffdevices.com/

Browse carefully as you can do some serious damage to your wallet. Once you get sucked into flashlights there is no going back. It's just as bad as it is with guns....

andy t
07-16-14, 20:24
Welcome to the 21st century :). I stopped using incandescent flashlights seven years ago. I carry E1B daily with a variety of others - X300, 300 Ultra, 920V and Scout used as weapon lights.

SteyrAUG
07-16-14, 20:33
Welcome to the 21st century :). I stopped using incandescent flashlights seven years ago. I carry E1B daily with a variety of others - X300, 300 Ultra, 920V and Scout used as weapon lights.

I've been aware of LEDs for awhile now, but my pair of 6Ps were weren't broke and were kicking out 120 lumens which was fine for me. High output LEDs finally came down under $100 so I grabbed one to see if it was a dramatic difference.

And it was. Probably gonna grab six more before I'm done.

Outlander Systems
So for years I've been running a SF 6P and love it. I upgraded the 65 lumen lamp to a P61 120 lumens lamp assembly.

Recently I picked up a SF 6PX Tactical and WOW. What a difference 320 lumens makes. Pretty affordable at around $60 (same price as a standard 6P) and has a run time that is twice as long as my old 6P.

They also offer a 1000 lumen P3X Fury if you are willing to spend a couple hundred bucks on a flash light.

Dude.

The 120 lumen 6P is bright.

The 320 G2X/6PX is really bright.

The 500 X300U/P2X is ridiculous bright.

The 800 M3LT is like a portable lighthouse ludicrously stupid bright.

I just ordered a P2X Tactical for my scattergun. I was within a gnats ass of going with the 6PX tactical, but the X300U has ruined me.

No.6

Browse carefully as you can do some serious damage to your wallet. Once you get sucked into flashlights there is no going back. It's just as bad as it is with guns....

Oh so true.... And don't forget custom knives. All black holes eagerly sucking up your money.

Outlander Systems
07-16-14, 20:37
Oh so true.... And don't forget custom knives. All black holes eagerly sucking up your money.

Never...EVER get into building fast muscle cars.

They make guns look like stamp collecting.

Moose-Knuckle
07-16-14, 20:42
I upgraded my old G2s and 6Ps with incandescents some time back with the TNVC engines, they have since been discontinued.

Upgraded my bump in the night gun with a Streamlight TLR-1 HL, at 630 lumens it beats all to hell my old Streamlight TLR-1 which put out a puny 80 lumens.

Big A
07-16-14, 20:49
I've been aware of LEDs for awhile now, but my pair of 6Ps were weren't broke and were kicking out 120 lumens which was fine for me. High output LEDs finally came down under $100 so I grabbed one to see if it was a dramatic difference.

And it was. Probably gonna grab six more before I'm done.

You should upgrade your two 6P's with one of those malkoff drop ins. They're pretty badass. Also, Amazon has great prices. I got my X300U for $206. That was the best price I could find.

Mauser KAR98K
07-16-14, 21:27
If one were to upgrade their incandescent G2, how would one go about it? It is my primary light on my AR, but want a better lamp, and a longer run time.

Big A
07-16-14, 21:33
If one were to upgrade their incandescent G2, how would one go about it? It is my primary light on my AR, but want a better lamp, and a longer run time.

Click the link...

High Tower
07-16-14, 21:35

This will do the trick:

http://www.surefire.com/parts-accessories/led-conversions/kx4-led-conversion-head.html

LowSpeed_HighDrag
07-16-14, 21:38
You should upgrade your two 6P's with one of those malkoff drop ins. They're pretty badass. Also, Amazon has great prices. I got my X300U for $206. That was the best price I could find.

Impact Weapons Components, an M4C sponsor, has them for $190....

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/x300-ultra-led-handgun-long-gun-weaponlight/

Big A
07-16-14, 21:47
Damn, that's a helluva good price.

ucrt
07-16-14, 22:10

To me, the "Original" 6P are more desireable because they can be worked on, parts changed, etc. The Malkoff's LEDs I have only fit the older 6P models. The current Surefire heads are basically glued together and aren't made to have parts swapped. They are a pain in the buttocks to take a part.

The only upgrades for an "old" 6P I would would do is a more powerful Malkoff LED and/or maybe a "clicky" tailcap.

ShortytheFirefighter
07-16-14, 23:43
I've got a P2X Fury Defender as well as a P3X. The Defender is bright, the P3X is like the finger of God. The P3X starts at 1k lumens and ramps down fairly quickly to 500 or so. Either way, unholy light.

I've also got a old Surefire M952 on my LMT with a Malkoff drop in that has been flawless for the 2 years it's been on there.

SteyrAUG
07-16-14, 23:52

Yeah, Jody Samson is well represented in my safe. Knives scare me, and not cause their sharp.

TriviaMonster
07-17-14, 00:10
Its not knife collecting that's bad, its sharpening. My setup is worth a solid AR build these days. But they whittle hairs when they are done.

SteyrAUG
07-17-14, 00:51
Its not knife collecting that's bad, its sharpening. My setup is worth a solid AR build these days. But they whittle hairs when they are done.

The knives I'm willing to sharpen I just use a stone, the rest of them I'm unwilling to sharpen.