PDA

View Full Version : Izhmash & Kalashnikov Concern Now Sanctioned by US Government

Bluto
07-16-14, 22:08
Wow.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/07/16/official-izmash-kalashnikov-concern-weapons-banned-importation-usa/

kwelz
07-16-14, 22:19
We all knew this was coming. The soviet invasion of Crimea made this a sure thing.

SteyrAUG
07-16-14, 23:44
Yep, several of us called it when Obama was threatening sanctions. But the upside is this will certainly force Putin to withdraw from the Crimea right?

krisjon
07-17-14, 00:46
Welcome to backdoor gun bans.

jpmuscle
07-17-14, 01:23
Stupid government...

Moose-Knuckle
07-17-14, 01:44

"We're working on it under the radar . . . " - Obama

ClearedHot
07-17-14, 03:18
Does this mean that the SGL's just became the new Polytechs? Wonder how long before people start price gouging...

SteyrAUG
07-17-14, 03:40
Does this mean that the SGL's just became the new Polytechs? Wonder how long before people start price gouging...

Wish I had an extra I was willing to part with. Last couple years were so rough I let a SGL 7.62 w/ green furniture go for about the going rate. And it isn't gouging, gouging is when an item will one day be available again. The word you are looking for is appreciating, and just like Polytechs, the SGLs will now begin to appreciate.

Big A
07-17-14, 06:28

"We're working on it under the radar . . . " - Obama

Bingo! And they have outlawed the 7N6 5.45x39 round.

How much you guys wanna bet that Wolf, Brown Bear & Monarch are next?

hatt
07-17-14, 09:06
Yep, several of us called it when Obama was threatening sanctions. But the upside is this will certainly force Putin to withdraw from the Crimea right?

China is still trying to recover after Clinton axed gun and ammo importations. We showed them(how stupid we are).

CrazyFingers
07-17-14, 09:27
If a U.S. person has an inventory of Kalashnikov Concern products in which Kalashnikov Concern has an interest (for example, the products are not fully paid for or are being sold on consignment), we advise that U.S. person to contact OFAC for further guidance on handling of the inventory.

Oh, I'll bet they'll be full of helpful suggestions.
:rolleyes:
In general, I'm glad I got my Arsenal SAM7R last year, but I've always wanted a genuine Russian Izhmash rifle too. Looks like that will never happen, at least not at a sane price.
At least Putin has learned a valuable lesson about...something.

hatt
07-17-14, 10:53
Bingo! And they have outlawed the 7N6 5.45x39 round.

How much you guys wanna bet that Wolf, Brown Bear & Monarch are next?
I really don't understand why Obama doesn't ban all imported guns and ammo since the precedents are clearly established it would be easily accepted. Probably after the midterms.

Big A
07-17-14, 11:03
I really don't understand why Obama doesn't ban all imported guns and ammo since the precedents are clearly established it would be easily accepted. Probably after the midterms.

Yep. Biggest reason I never got into the ComBloc guns right there.

Doc Safari
07-17-14, 11:03
So, if ISIS shows up toting Bushmaster AR's then in order to sanction ISIS the government will ban Bushmaster AR's in civilian hands, right? :lol:

I know I'm exaggerating, but I don't trust this bunch any further than I can throw a freight train.

I wonder what else they're cooking up.

hatt
07-17-14, 11:09
Yep. Biggest reason I never got into the ComBloc guns right there.
I'm not talking about ConBloc guns. Ban all imported guns, ammo, parts. That's what I'd be doing if I were him. Except I would have already done it.

Big A
07-17-14, 11:26
I'm not talking about ConBloc guns. Ban all imported guns, ammo, parts. That's what I'd be doing if I were him. Except I would have already done it.

Yes, I got that. However that wouldn't sit too well with our European trading partners so no president would be able to pull that off.

hatt
07-17-14, 11:33
Yes, I got that. However that wouldn't sit too well with our European trading partners so no president would be able to pull that off.
I doubt civilian gun sales are going to be a major snag in foreign relations. Ever if it were it would be easy to appease the affected companies by awarding them some nice .gov contracts.

Moose-Knuckle
07-17-14, 15:15

Not just imported guns and ammo BUT magazines too. GLOCK, HK, Sig, Walther, etc. all have mags manufactured OCONUS. Mec-Gar is in Italy IIRC and makes mags for a ton of firearm companies.

IMI ammo, IWI (Tavor), parts and ammo, G3/91 mags, FAL mags, AK-47/AK-74 mags, etc this has very dire implications for the US gun culture.

rocsteady
07-17-14, 16:35
This will affect the Russians about as much as placing a ban on tic-tacs would affect sumo wrestlers and the hot dog eating champ.

WickedWillis
07-17-14, 18:53
This will affect the Russians about as much as placing a ban on tic-tacs would affect sumo wrestlers and the hot dog eating champ.

Are we not the second largest consumer market for Russian weapons behind the Russian military?

scottryan
07-17-14, 19:05

Its already happening. And its not price gouging. Its smart people who had the foresight to buy this stuff when it was available.

Moose-Knuckle
07-17-14, 19:12
Are we not the second largest consumer market for Russian weapons behind the Russian military?

I'd say the US civilian market is pretty far behind state customers like Cuba, Venezuela, etc.

There are quit a bit of countries that still buy and or are given their small arms from Russia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_service_rifles_of_national_armies

yellowfin
07-17-14, 23:37
Not just imported guns and ammo BUT magazines too. GLOCK, HK, Sig, Walther, etc. all have mags manufactured OCONUS. Mec-Gar is in Italy IIRC and makes mags for a ton of firearm companies.

IMI ammo, IWI (Tavor), parts and ammo, G3/91 mags, FAL mags, AK-47/AK-74 mags, etc this has very dire implications for the US gun culture.
Which is why I'm wondering why the pro gun people in high places are sitting with their thumbs up their butts letting him stick around as long as he has instead of opening the gates of hell on him. All we get is scandal then investigation then another scandal then investigation...when are they going to finally drop the hammer on him and make him really hurt, as in out of office minimum? Seriously, Nixon didn't do 1/10th to piss off people as much as this clown has.

RMiller
07-18-14, 07:34
I think we saw this coming.

Buy now, before prices jump......

I think it's safe to say noting produced OCONUS is safe.

Import bans are a back handed solution looking for an excuse.

ralph
07-18-14, 09:19
Which is why I'm wondering why the pro gun people in high places are sitting with their thumbs up their butts letting him stick around as long as he has instead of opening the gates of hell on him. All we get is scandal then investigation then another scandal then investigation...when are they going to finally drop the hammer on him and make him really hurt, as in out of office minimum? Seriously, Nixon didn't do 1/10th to piss off people as much as this clown has.

You have to remember that when Nixon was president, the free shit army wasn't a 1/10th the size it is now...The FSA will protect it's source of income (welfare, food stamps, etc) at the ballot box, at all costs, even if it means the country goes broke..

Moose-Knuckle
07-18-14, 14:58
Buy now, before prices jump......

I was looking online last night from all the usual suspects and couldn't not find any SGL21s/31s. Looks like they have all been snatched up already!

Voodoo_Man
07-18-14, 15:21
Was at gun shop this morning, dude walked in bought 8 AK's.

jpmuscle
07-18-14, 15:44
Well hopefully if nothing else this will lite a fire under under domestic AK production development. I recall rifle dynamics having something in the works.

Moose-Knuckle
07-18-14, 16:01
Was at gun shop this morning, dude walked in bought 8 AK's.

Any idea of particulars; manufacutre, models, and or prices?

Voodoo_Man
07-18-14, 16:04
Any idea of particulars; manufacutre, models, and or prices?

I didn't get a good look, I know there were at least 3 saiga's.

WickedWillis
07-18-14, 16:23
Well hopefully if nothing else this will lite a fire under under domestic AK production development. I recall rifle dynamics having something in the works.

Quality domestic AK Production development. I love Rifle dynamics, I hope they show something soon.

jesuvuah
07-18-14, 17:40

If I was tooling up I would not bother with an actual AK clone. Something build around the core of the AK that still accepts common parts like furniture and mags maybe, but more modernized. The sig 556R comes to mind. I was real big in the AK game for a long while, but gave it up because they were a PITA to make them do what I wanted the way I wanted like adding lights, and optics. It can be done but not nearly as easy as other platforms.

Iraqgunz
07-18-14, 18:25
some of the comments here are just laughable. But aside from that many of us said that it was going to happen and I'll guarantee this is just the beginning pretty soon anything coming out or Russia will get shut down and so we'll all kinds of business ties in investment.

Vgex2
07-18-14, 18:47
I picked up a Saiga yesterday for a future build. Been meaning to for a while. Seemed appropriate.

Moose-Knuckle
07-18-14, 19:03
I picked up a Saiga yesterday for a future build. Been meaning to for a while. Seemed appropriate.

Normal price or had they already gone up?

Vgex2
07-18-14, 19:08
Normal price or had they already gone up?

It sure wasn't the $350 price I saw a couple of years ago. I could have got it for $499 last week, but had to settle for $550 yesterday. Yes, I paid more than I wanted, but it is what it is.

Moose-Knuckle
07-18-14, 21:50
It sure wasn't the $350 price I saw a couple of years ago. I could have got it for $499 last week, but had to settle for $550 yesterday. Yes, I paid more than I wanted, but it is what it is.

$550 you got off easy, once word spreads price is only going to go up.

fixit69
07-18-14, 22:18
Man, I was hoping to pick up an underfolder this winter. I gues I'm going to have to trade or pay some outrageous price now. Thanks a lot Obama, another in the long line of great things you have done to stimulate the economy, keep our rights...you know, causes that are just and noble worthy of the office of the president :mad:

SteyrAUG
07-19-14, 02:28
Man, I was hoping to pick up an underfolder this winter. I gues I'm going to have to trade or pay some outrageous price now. Thanks a lot Obama, another in the long line of great things you have done to stimulate the economy, keep our rights...you know, causes that are just and noble worthy of the office of the president :mad:

There are no SGL underfolders that I'm aware of. But Arsenal is still offering a Bulgarian SAM7 underfolder and a few places still have them at the same price. I suggest you stop what you are doing and make it happen right now.

fixit69
07-19-14, 02:38
There are no SGL underfolders that I'm aware of. But Arsenal is still offering a Bulgarian SAM7 underfolder and a few places still have them at the same price. I suggest you stop what you are doing and make it happen right now.

Not going to happen in the money situation right now. Not being smart ass styer, know your just laying it down for me. That's why I'm so pissed right now, only a few left I want anymore and now our cic wants to shit on my final parade. What an asshole...

Alex V
07-19-14, 09:44
Guess ill never get a Russian made AK. Was hoping to avoid getting a basterdised one when I get out on NJ, but oh well. :-(

Moose-Knuckle
07-19-14, 11:22
Not going to happen in the money situation right now. Not being smart ass styer, know your just laying it down for me. That's why I'm so pissed right now, only a few left I want anymore and now our cic wants to shit on my final parade. What an asshole...

Have you looked at the Yugo N-PAP underfolders? They are still online for under $600.

Iraqgunz
07-19-14, 12:27
Bulgarian guns aren't affected and neither is any AK from Serbia, etc... The bigger question is what are people going to do when Barry stops all the Russian made AK ammo from coming into the country.

Alex V
07-19-14, 16:06
Bulgarian guns aren't affected and neither is any AK from Serbia, etc... The bigger question is what are people going to do when Barry stops all the Russian made AK ammo from coming into the country.

Not just AK, but all Russian ammo. One of the reasons I can shoot I the volume that I do is becaus of cheap Russian 223 and 9mm. Good thing some Wolf is made in Ukraine :-)

Big A
07-19-14, 22:01
Went to my LGS today and they had one Saiga 12(sporterized, not converted) for $940 and two of them chambered in .223 for about $560 I think it was. They had quite a few Serbian and (I think) Bulgarian AK's. They were all out of Arsenals and the guy I talked to said they have been having a hard time getting Saiga 12's for about 3 months.

The guy I talked to said they hadn't had much of a run on the AK's since the sanctions came down but that's not as big a chunk of their business as AR's are.

brickboy240
07-21-14, 09:31
If they DO ban imported Russian 7.62x39...wanna bet that productions stars up in Serbia? Much Serbian made ammo comes in to America already and is sold under the names Privi Partisan or Monarch. I have shot plenty of Serbian 9mm, 223 and 45. It would be very easy for the Serbians to start making 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 if the Russian stuff gets banned. We also have the Czech stuff that is still being made. You don't see S&B 7.62x39 but it is out there and wanna bet that we'd start seeing more of it if the Russkie stuff gets banned?

-brickboy240

Moose-Knuckle
07-21-14, 12:39
Not "if" but "when" Russian ammo is banned, Wolf brands ammo they buy from various manufactures from Prvi to Lapua. I have no idea where all the ammo by Tul, Wolf, Brown Bear, Silver Bear, Golden Tiger, Barnaul etc. actually comes from nor do I think anyone person actually knows all the sources. A lot of the "Russian" ammo that is imported here is actually made in Ukraine. Ironic is it not.

black22rifle
07-21-14, 12:51
Jim fuller is working on making more and more parts here in the US specifically the trunnion, I believe. He just did a video with James Yeager talking about this, it's on Yeager youtube channel if anyone is interested in watching it.

7.62NATO
07-23-14, 19:58

Ouroborous
07-24-14, 00:36
If the following info is to believed, NOW is the time to make your purchases.

http://www.thebangswitch.com/all-russian-firearms-imports-on-hold/

Do form 6's include ammo or just firearms?

Moose-Knuckle
07-24-14, 00:58
I mentioned this in the other thread, but for those that have not read it. This will also effect VEPRs, Marc Krebs bases his custom rifles on the VEPR. I guess the price of his rifles just went to the stratosphere.

I have a NIB Rob Arms VEPR sitting in the back of the safe that I might just have to get around to selling one of these days.

Peshawar
07-24-14, 01:19
I mentioned this in the other thread, but for those that have not read it. This will also effect VEPRs, Marc Krebs bases his custom rifles on the VEPR. I guess the price of his rifles just went to the stratosphere.

I have a NIB Rob Arms VEPR sitting in the back of the safe that I might just have to get around to selling one of these days.

I really feel for Krebs with these sanctions. They were just starting to ship those modified Veprs to customers, and now this... I'm guessing they have enough around to satisfy their orders, but after that they're going to have to figure out something else if these sanctions stick around a while.

Moose-Knuckle
07-24-14, 01:45
I really feel for Krebs with these sanctions. They were just starting to ship those modified Veprs to customers, and now this... I'm guessing they have enough around to satisfy their orders, but after that they're going to have to figure out something else if these sanctions stick around a while.

Yup me too, wonder if he will start making rifles from scratch.

I doubt we will ever see these sanctions lifted, just look to the '89 ban by EO as an example. In fact, I think Obama is just getting started.

7.62NATO
07-24-14, 10:42

TMS951
07-24-14, 13:52
If they DO ban imported Russian 7.62x39...wanna bet that productions stars up in Serbia? Much Serbian made ammo comes in to America already and is sold under the names Privi Partisan or Monarch. I have shot plenty of Serbian 9mm, 223 and 45. It would be very easy for the Serbians to start making 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 if the Russian stuff gets banned. We also have the Czech stuff that is still being made. You don't see S&B 7.62x39 but it is out there and wanna bet that we'd start seeing more of it if the Russkie stuff gets banned?

-brickboy240

I like the Serb ammo a lot, I shoot the Prvi quite a bit. The 75gr. BTHP is one of my favorite rounds when whacking steel at 500 yards at the local range.

But while cheaper than domestic ammo, its all still quality brass cased ammo. The russian stuff was steel cased, and lower quality. Not really apples to apples.

I have shot hungarian "MFS" ammo that was zinced steel case, this was .223 maybe they'll pick up on the russian loadings too. Also I purchased ukranian 7.62x39 the other day under the name "red army" right before this happened, it was also cheap and should still be available.

While this whole thing is bad news and a strike against gun ownership, it does help the AR15 and companies like daniel defense that seem to have suffered a little after the panic buying faded away. I would hope for every potential AK buyer lost we gained an AR buyer.

I am unhappy about the whatever EO come next, I really do like the IMI and Prvi ammo and see that ending soon. (I guess also Blazer, S&B, Magtech, and Fiocchi) all of which make up most of what I shoot.

Ouroborous
07-25-14, 01:06
Yes, ammo, too.

Well shit, that's it for the Russian Ammo then.

Does Wolf in Ukraine make 8M3?

brickboy240
07-25-14, 10:35
Yesterday, I saw tons of Wolf (Tula) and Monarch (Barnaul) Russkie 7.62x39 ammo at our local gun stores.

I have tons of it in my closets...but always buy a few boxes here and there to replace what I shoot up.

I wish we'd see the excellent Chinese Norinco 7.62x39 come back but I bet we never do.

The Czech made S&B 7.62x39 is great stuff but spotty to find.

TriviaMonster
07-25-14, 11:01
I love the CIP spec S&B in 9mm. Its hotter than WWB and clean as any plinking ammo.

Mauser KAR98K
07-26-14, 00:00
I'd start getting CommBlock ammo for those who have AKs or those who have rifles chambered in such. NOW! Also 5.56 guys who get cheap steel case stuff, start getting it. My local Durham's had 20 round boxes of Wolf 7.62x39 at $10 a box! Same with .223. Other forums are saying the sanctions are effecting Ukrainian ammo makers that have had their factories seized by Pro-Russian forces and have come under the sanctions list. Either hyperbole or not, a run is getting geared up.

I don't have much cash or credit so I just what I can to store for a bit. My Sig 556r and my AK74 are going to be safe queens for sometime.

Thanks, Putin. And really a big thanks to spineless Obama who let ex-KGB guy do what he wants.

ETA: I hope I'm wrong!

ForTehNguyen
07-26-14, 07:49
using this excuse as an opportunity to attack gun owners. If he really wanted to sanction him why not go after vodka and caviar?

Grand58742
07-26-14, 08:29
using this excuse as an opportunity to attack gun owners. If he really wanted to sanction him why not go after vodka and caviar?

And what would they be serving at those $10,000 a plate fundraisers?